- In September 2013, SolarCity purchased assets of Paramount Solar, a SolarCity strategic sales partner and a unit of Paramount Equity of Roseville, California.
- Tail-chasing revenue growth and shareholder return imperatives of a thick finance business model explain the decision to acquire Paramount Solar.
- Paramount Equity's checkered history in the state of Washington before and during the subprime lending crisis raises questions about SolarCity's business vision, goals, and methods.
- Analysts described Paramount Solar as a "closing machine", emphasizing the company's telemarketing talent, "the ability to sell a customer on solar's benefits and savings without meeting face-to-face".
- To create a durable business, SolarCity must adopt the peripheral vision of its customers and reimagine sales as a service enterprise committed exclusively to seeing the world through customer eyes.