Wed, Mar. 18, 5:43 PM
Wed, Mar. 18, 4:10 PM
Tue, Mar. 17, 5:35 PM
Tue, Mar. 17, 11:31 AM
- Shoe stocks are higher after DSW impresses with its quarterly report and Foot Locker is tapped for more gains.
- The sector has outperformed broad retail this year buoyed by strong demand for athletic shoes.
- Previously: DSW +7% after impressive comp (Mar. 17 2015)
- Previously: Foot Locker investment seen as a safer Nike bet (Mar. 17 2015)
- Gainers: DSW +4.1%, Brown Shoe (NYSE:BWS) +3.1%, Steven Madden (NASDAQ:SHOO) +1.9%, Finish Line (NASDAQ:FINL) +1.1%, Foot Locker (NYSE:FL) +1.1%, Shoe Carnival (NASDAQ:SCVL) +1.1%.
Tue, Feb. 24, 11:23 AM
- Data from NPD Group confirms that athleisure and casualwear are providing the strongest growth in the fashion industry.
- Apparel sales growth was flat Y/Y in 2014 at $208.3B.
- Footwear sales +2% to $62B.
- Accessories +2% to $52.7B.
- Categories with strong demand included sports bras, polo/golf/rugby tops, children's footwear, sports jerseys, handbags, leggings, and jewelry accessories.
- NPD says an "underlying sense of rebellion" driven by millennials is a major factor in the sector.
- Apparel/footwear stocks: CROX, DECK, WWW, SHOO, SKX, SCVL, BWS, FL, FINL, NKE, KATE, ANN, LULU, PVH, VNCE, CRI, UA, HBI, VFC, COLM, GIL, SQBG, JCP, KSS, DDS, M, JWN, ARO, AEO, ANF, WTSL, TLYS, CACH, ZUMZ, PSUN, EXPR, BKE, GIII, SQBG, HBI, VRA, ICON, BWS, PERY, DXLG, BONT, GES, URBN, RL,GIL, OXM, HBI, VNCE, PERY, ICON.
Wed, Feb. 11, 9:45 AM
- The Footwear Distributors and Retailers of America says tariffs on footwear rose 6.6% to $2.671B last year.
- The pace exceeds sales growth in the sector.
- Countries included the Trans-Pacific Partnership (Australia, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru, Singapore, Vietnam) increased duties last year by 24% Y/Y.
- Analysts have noted that a good portion of the tariff tax has hit the bottom line of shoe companies with pricing still very competitive.
- The footwear trade group is pushing Congress to give President Obama Trade Promotion Authority to help bring tariff relief.
- Shoe stocks: CROX, DECK, WWW, SHOO, SKX, SCVL, BWS, FL, FINL, NKE.
Dec. 12, 2014, 11:02 AM
Dec. 2, 2014, 12:47 PM
Dec. 2, 2014, 11:36 AM
Dec. 1, 2014, 5:40 PM
Dec. 1, 2014, 4:08 PM
Nov. 30, 2014, 5:35 PM
Sep. 11, 2014, 11:16 AM
Sep. 4, 2014, 12:47 PM
Sep. 3, 2014, 5:35 PM
Sep. 3, 2014, 4:09 PM
SCVL vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR