Sat, May 9, 11:27 AM
- The broadly-defined shipping sector continues to be volatile over the impact of oil price fluctuations and concerns over carrier/tanker supply along with charter rates.
- The Baltic Dry Index stands at 574 vs. a 52-week trading range of 509 to 1,484.
- The Guggenheim Shipping ETF (NYSEARCA:SEA) is down 9.4% over the last 52 weeks, although it trades with smoother peaks and troughs than the underlying stocks in the fund.
- Analysts are convinced that some value picks exist in the sector, although consensus is tricky to find. A few rough screens are listed below (add your own in the comments).
- Best YTD performance: Navios Maritime (NYSE:NAP) +37%, Scorpio Bulkers (NYSE:SALT) +35%, Tsakos Energy (NYSE:TNP) +31%, Golar LNG (NASDAQ:GLNG) +28%.
- Lowest price-to book value: DryShips (NASDAQ:DRYS) 0.14, Safe Bulkers (NASDAQ:SBLK) 0.32, Scorpio Bulkers 0.33, Navios Maritime Holdings (NYSE:NM) 0.34, GasLog (NYSE:GLOG) 0.39.
- Lowest forward P/E ratio: Danaos (NYSE:DAC) 4.43, Tsakos Energy 7.15, Navios Maritime Acquisition (NYSE:NNA) 7.25, Dorian (NYSE:LPG) 7.43, Dry Ships 7.57.
- Dividend yield: Navios Maritime Partners (NYSE:NMM) 15.2%, Capital Product Partners (NASDAQ:CPLP) 10.8%, Ship Finance International (NYSE:SFL) 10.8%, Teekay Offshore Partners (NYSE:TOO) 9.7%, Dynagas LNG Partners (NYSE:DLNG) 8.8%.
- Other shipping stocks: PRGN, FRO, NAT, OSK, TNK, FREE, ESEA, TOPS, DSX, SHIP, NM.
Mon, Apr. 27, 6:56 AM| 2 Comments
Thu, Feb. 26, 9:05 AM
Thu, Feb. 26, 9:04 AM
Wed, Jan. 7, 9:43 AM
- Select shipping stocks are outperforming off of some fresh positive comments on the sector by analysts.
- Frontline (FRO +9.2%), following up on yesterday's brisk rally, is leading the charge.
- Gainers: DHT Holdings (DHT +6.1%), Teekay Tankers (TNK +1.7%), Nordic American Tankers (NAT +2.5%), Ship Finance International (SFL +0.9%).
Dec. 30, 2014, 2:02 PM
- Ship Finance International (SFL +0.4%) announces it sold an ultra-deepwater drilling asset after Seadrill Limited exercised a buy option.
- The company will receive $108M in net cash from the transaction which it plans to reinvest in new assets.
- Seadrill has purchase options on other deepwater drills in 2016 and 2017.
Dec. 30, 2014, 6:57 AM
- Seadrill (NYSE:SDRL) has exercised a purchase option for the West Polaris, an ultra-deepwater drilling unit, from Ship Finance International Limited (NYSE:SFL).
- Ship Finance acquired the West Polaris in 2008 and it was chartered to a subsidiary of Seadrill on a long-term bareboat charter where Seadrill was granted certain purchase options commencing in 2012.
- The purchase option price is $456M, of which Ship Finance will receive approximately $108M in net cash proceeds.
- SDRL -1.9% premarket
Nov. 25, 2014, 9:17 AM
Nov. 25, 2014, 8:47 AM
Aug. 28, 2014, 11:59 AM| Comment!
Aug. 28, 2014, 8:22 AM
May 27, 2014, 10:14 AM| 2 Comments
May 27, 2014, 8:53 AM
Feb. 27, 2014, 9:45 AM| Comment!
Feb. 27, 2014, 9:19 AM| 2 Comments
Nov. 27, 2013, 8:53 AM| Comment!
SFL vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR