Thu, Feb. 12, 4:24 PM
Wed, Feb. 11, 5:35 PM
Mon, Feb. 9, 9:02 AM
- A consumer survey by Cowen and Company indicates Shutterfly (NASDAQ:SFLY) saw a 6% Y/Y jump in customers during the holiday season.
- Last year, Shutterfly reported a 10% increase in customers during Q4 to 4.7M.
- The company's disclosure on average order value will be of equal importance when it releases earnings on February 12.
Oct. 29, 2014, 5:08 PM
Oct. 14, 2014, 9:15 AM
Oct. 13, 2014, 9:15 AM
Oct. 10, 2014, 5:36 PM
Oct. 10, 2014, 5:13 PM
- Bloomberg reports P-E firm Silver Lake has shelved its plans to acquire Shutterfly (NASDAQ:SFLY) and H-P-owned (NYSE:HPQ) Snapfish, with the goal of combining the two photo-printing/sharing sites. Sources add the firm is open to resuming talks.
- Silver Lake was previously reported to be in talks to buy Shutterfly for over $50/share. H-P was reported last month to be exploring a Snapfish sale; it bought the site in '05 for $300M+.
- Last Sunday, re/code reported H-P tried selling several major business units before deciding to spin off its PC and printing ops.
- SFLY -6.6% AH to $43.85.
Sep. 22, 2014, 12:11 PM| Comment!
Sep. 12, 2014, 3:43 PM
- Hewlett-Packard (HPQ -0.6%) is exploring the sale of its web-based photo sharing service Snapfish, and has held discussions with P-E and industry buyers, Reuters reports.
- Snapfish, which H-P bought for more than $300M in 2005 and is part of the company's printing and personal systems group, is considered a non-core asset.
- Some of the groups that have been looking at Snapfish are said to have also expressed interest in buying another online photo-sharing services provider, Shutterfly (SFLY +0.5%).
Aug. 20, 2014, 10:28 AM
- Bloomberg reports P-E firm Hellman & Friedman is among the P-E firms to have submitted offers for Shutterfly (SFLY +2.6%).
- The news service adds Shutterfly may be been valued at ~$2B in a sale, and that Bain has also expressed interest. However, tech/Internet companies have shown little interest.
- Shares have moved higher in response to Bloomberg's report. Shutterfly's market cap is currently right around $2B.
- Previous: The Deal reports Shutterfly has received buyout offers
Aug. 14, 2014, 1:44 PM
- The Deal reports Shutterfly (SFLY +2.2%) has received multiple buyout offers, and is closing in on an agreement.
- Shares have spiked higher after previously trading near breakeven. They're up 12% since Bloomberg reported in early July Shutterfly is looking for a buyer.
- dealReporter reported of buyout interest two weeks ago.
Jul. 30, 2014, 4:33 PM
Jul. 30, 2014, 11:46 AM
- Sources tell dealReporter Shutterfly (SFLY +3.1%) has drawn buyout interest as it continues looking for a suitor. Shares have spiked higher on the report.
- Bloomberg reported 4 weeks ago Shutterfly has hired Qatalyst Partners (headed by famed tech banker Frank Quattrone) to find a buyer.
- Q2 results are due this afternoon.
Jul. 2, 2014, 12:56 PM
Jul. 2, 2014, 9:15 AM
SFLY vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR