May 28, 2014, 9:11 AM| Comment!
Sep. 13, 2013, 9:33 AM
- It's another community bank deal with Simmons First (SFNC) winning bankruptcy court approval to buy Metropolitan National Bank from Rogers Bancshares for $53.6M in cash.
- MNB has assets of $991M - including loans of $484M - and deposits of $862M. Total equity foots to $62M, with a Tier 1 leverage ratio of 6.46%.
- Raymond James and Stephens both upgrade Simmons to Buy in lieu of what appears to be an accretive deal.
- In other community bank M&A news, Larry Seidman ups the pressure (SEC form 13, go to Exhibit A at the end) on OBA Bank (OBAF) to put itself on the block. Seidman owns about 6.9% of the bank's stock.
- OBA and Ocean Shore Holding (OSHC) are two tapped by SA author Chris DeMuth (OBAF here, OSHC here) as having takeout potential at a significant premium to their current prices following the end of a 3-year moratorium on their sales.
SFNC vs. ETF Alternatives
Simmons First National Corp is a financial holding company. The Company through its subsidiaries is engaged in providing banking services including home loan, investment banking, and personal banking services to individual and corporate customers.
Other News & PR