5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
There is research on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
Simmons First National Q4 2008 Earnings Call TranscriptJan. 15, 2009
Simmons First National Q4 2007 Earnings Call TranscriptJan. 17, 2008
GlobeNewswire (Feb 28, 2014)
GlobeNewswire (Jan 23, 2014)
Simmons First National Corporation Announces Fourth Quarter Earnings Release Date and Conference CallGlobeNewswire (Jan 6, 2014)
SFNC vs. ETF Alternatives
Simmons First National Corporation operates as a multi-bank financial holding company. It provides banking services to individual and corporate customers through its subsidiaries and their branch banks with offices in Arkansas, Missouri and Kansas.
Friday, Sep 132013, 9:33 AM
Friday, Sep 132013, 9:33 AM| Comment!
- It's another community bank deal with Simmons First (SFNC) winning bankruptcy court approval to buy Metropolitan National Bank from Rogers Bancshares for $53.6M in cash.
- MNB has assets of $991M - including loans of $484M - and deposits of $862M. Total equity foots to $62M, with a Tier 1 leverage ratio of 6.46%.
- Raymond James and Stephens both upgrade Simmons to Buy in lieu of what appears to be an accretive deal.
- In other community bank M&A news, Larry Seidman ups the pressure (SEC form 13, go to Exhibit A at the end) on OBA Bank (OBAF) to put itself on the block. Seidman owns about 6.9% of the bank's stock.
- OBA and Ocean Shore Holding (OSHC) are two tapped by SA author Chris DeMuth (OBAF here, OSHC here) as having takeout potential at a significant premium to their current prices following the end of a 3-year moratorium on their sales.