Sagent Pharmaceuticals: A Growth Story With A Track Record
There is research on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
Thu, Oct. 2, 8:27 AM
- Sagent Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:SGNT) acquires Montreal-based Omega Laboratories Ltd. for C$95M ($85.3M) in cash. The transaction expands the company's line of generic injectables.
- Omega's 2013 revenues were C$36.5M. It markets 93 products in 40 countries and plans to launch 26 generic injectable drugs between now and 2019.
- The deal will be immediately accretive to cash earnings.
Wed, Jul. 30, 12:45 PM
- Sagent Pharmaceuticals (SGNT +0.7%) Q2 results: Net Revenue: $69.2M (+16%); Gross Profit: $22.6M (-3%); Operating Expenses: $19.3M (+52%); Operating Income: $3.3M (-75%); Net Income: $3.1M (-77%); EPS: $0.09 (-80%); Quick Assets: $161.6M (+4%).
- 2014 Guidance: Net revenue: $270M - 290M; adjusted gross profit/net revenue: 26 - 30% from 24 - 28%; product development expenses: $30M - 36M; SG&A expenses: $35M - 40M; net income: $0 - 10M.
Wed, Jul. 30, 7:22 AM| Comment!
Tue, Jul. 29, 5:30 PM
- AB, ACCO, ADT, AMED, AMT, ATRO, AUO, BAH, BDC, BEN, CFR, CVE, D, DHX, DORM, DX, ENR, EVER, GIB, GRMN, GT, HAE, HES, HSP, HUM, HUN, IACI, ICLR, INGR, LFUS, LL, LO, LPLA, MGAM, MINI, MMYT, MRGE, MWV, NICE, NVMI, PAG, PBI, PEG, PSX, PSXP, PTRY, ROK, RRD, S, SAIA, SEE, SGNT, SMP, SO, SODA, SONS, SPB, SPW, TASR, TFX, TRI, VLO, VLY, WEC, WLP
Tue, Jun. 24, 5:44 PM
- Joining the S&P 500: Affiliated Managers (AMG)
- Leaving the 500: Forest Labs (FRX)
- Joining the S&P MidCap 400: Forest Labs, LaSalle Hotel (LHO), Rayonier Advanced Materials (RYAM - about to be spun off from Rayonier), TimkenSteel (TMST - about to be spun off from Timken), Belden (BDC).
- Leaving the 400: Affiliated Managers, Intrepid Potash (IPI), Fidelity National (FNF), Greenhill (GHL).
- Joining the S&P SmallCap 600: Intrepid Potash, Greenhill, Synergy Resources (SYRG), Veritiv (VRTV - about to be spun off from International Paper), Sagent Pharma (SGNT).
- Leaving the 600: La Salle Hotel, Belden, JAKKS Pacific (JAKK), Spartan Motors (SPAR), Higher One (ONE).
- AMG +3.3% AH. LHO +1.8%. SGNT +3.3%. SYRG +3%. FNF -1.3%.
Tue, May. 6, 7:57 AM| Comment!
Wed, Mar. 5, 10:23 AM
- Sagent Pharmaceuticals (SGNT) voluntarily recalls two lots of Zoledronic Acid Injection distributed by the company due to the discovery of four leaking premix bags. The investigation into the problem was initiated in response to a product complaint. The subject bags were not administered to patients as the leakage was obvious.
- The FDA has been notified of the recall.
- Shares are off a fraction in trading.
Tue, Feb. 11, 7:21 AM| Comment!
Dec. 16, 2013, 3:57 PM| 1 Comment
Nov. 5, 2013, 9:37 AM
Oct. 11, 2013, 4:47 PM
Sep. 9, 2013, 2:14 PM
- Sagent Pharmaceuticals (SGNT -9.2%) slides after announcing a 4.4M share offering.
- The company will be offering 3,384,097 shares and other selling shareholders will sell 1,057,530 shares.
- The underwriters will have a 30-day option to purchase up to an additional 666,244 shares as needed.
- The company intends to use the net proceeds for general corporate purposes.
Sep. 9, 2013, 12:46 PM
Aug. 6, 2013, 5:18 PM| Comment!
Jul. 3, 2013, 1:16 PMBank of America raises its price target on Sagent Pharmaceuticals (SGNT) to $22 from $19 citing increased Q2 sales estimates and "modestly" higher gross margin expectations. However, the stock is already up close to 30% this year analyst Gregg Gilbert warns, and as such investors may want to "await visibility on new launches and on margin progression." | Comment!
Jun. 7, 2013, 3:24 PMSagent Pharmaceuticals (SGNT +0.7%) says it's initiated a voluntary nationwide recall of three lots of Vecuronium Bromide for Injection due to the discovery of an elevated impurity detected during routine quality testing of stability samples. The elevated impurity has the potential to result in prolonged neuromuscular blockade for critically ill patients with renal failure. The company said it is not aware of any adverse patient events resulting from the use of this product and will continue its investigation. | Comment!
SGNT vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR