Be smarter and faster with PRO Alerts on SHCAY
From other sites
at CNBC.com (Nov 12, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Oct 16, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Oct 14, 2014)
There are no Transcripts on SHCAY.
Tue, Apr. 1, 3:58 PM
- The Nikkei reports Apple (AAPL +0.9%) is in talks with Renesas (RNECF) to buy its 55% stake in iPhone LCD driver IC supplier Renesas SP Drivers, and is looking to acquire it for ¥50B ($479M).
- Sharp (SHCAY) owns 25% of Renesas SP, and Taiwan's Powerchip 20%. Sharp is expected to sell its stake to Apple if the company asks for a a deal after buying Renesas' interest.
- Apple, which already develops its own app processors and fingerprint sensors, reportedly "wants to meld the design of core display components into overall product development."
- A deal could be a positive for Himax (HIMX +3.9%) and MagnaChip (MX -0.6%), given Renesas SP's other clients would start looking for alternative LCD driver suppliers. Renesas SP has an estimated ~33% share of the market for small and mid-sized LCD drivers/controllers. It had revenue of ¥60B ($575M) during the fiscal year ending March 31.
- Earlier: 4.7" iPhone LCD production reportedly set to start
Mar. 6, 2013, 4:41 AMSharp's (SHCAY.PK) future looks a little more secure after confirming that Samsung (SSNLF.PK) has agreed to invest ¥10.3B ($110M) in the struggling Japanese company in return for a 3% stake. Sharp will also provide large TV panels to the Korean firm and increase the shipments of smaller LCDs. Samsung's investment adds to a $120M injection from Qualcomm (QCOM) in December. Sharp's shares surged 14.05% in Tokyo on reports of the latest deal. (PR) | Comment!
Mar. 27, 2012, 12:03 PMSharp (SHCAY.PK) plans to sell a 9.9% stake to contract manufacturing giant Foxconn (HNHAF.PK) at an 11% premium to today's close, as well as a 46.5% stake in its display unit to Foxconn's founder. Apple (AAPL) might just have something to do with this tie-up: Foxconn is Apple's biggest contract manufacturer, and Sharp is both a display supplier to Apple and the rumored manufacturer of the iTV. | Comment!
SHCAY vs. ETF Alternatives
Sharp and its subsidiaries are engaged in the manufacture and sale of consumer/information products and electronic components. Co.'s principal business segments are electronics equipment and electronics parts. Co.'s products include LCD color TVs, high vision TVsl color TVs, TV/VCR combos, DVD... More
Other News & PR