Seanergy Maritime Holdings Corp. - Is This SHIP Seaworthy?
There is research on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
Tue, Sep. 16, 12:46 PM
Wed, Sep. 3, 12:46 PM
Mon, Aug. 18, 10:32 AM
- Drybulk shipping rates continue to move higher, adding to last week's run as iron ore shipments out of Brazil and Australia pick up.
- On Friday, drybulk rates as measured by the Baltic Dry Index rose 7.7%, capping a 31% gain for the week driven by strength across the board but mainly in Capesize and Panamax rates.
- After beginning its ascent on July 23, the BDI has jumped 40%, rising in every session except one.
- Last week, Capesize rates surged 65% to $15,561/day, Panamax rates climbed 29% to $6,397/day, and Supramax rates added 9% to $9,170/day.
- Related drybulk stocks include: DRYS +2%, PRGN +4.1%, DSX +1%, FREE +8.2%, EGLE -2%, NM +2.5%, NMM +0.7%, SBLK +1.1%, SB +1.7%, BALT +2.5%, SHIP -2.1%, DCIX +2.2%.
Thu, Aug. 14, 10:53 AM
- Drybulk shipping rates, as measured by the Baltic Dry Index, surged 8.2% overnight, driven by strength across the board but mainly in capesize and panamax rates.
- Capesize rates jumped 15.7% to $13,677/day, Panamax rates climbed 9.7% to $5,883/day, and Supramax rates rose 1.9% to $9,004/day.
- Related drybulk stocks include: DRYS +2.6%, PRGN +5.8%, DSX +3.9%, FREE +7.9%, EGLE +2.2%, NM +5.6%, NMM +1%, SBLK +6.2%, SB +5.7%, BALT +3.8%, SHIP +0.7%, DCIX flat.
Thu, Jul. 3, 11:10 AM
Mon, May. 5, 12:47 PM
Tue, Apr. 29, 12:46 PM
Mon, Apr. 21, 12:23 PM
- Genco Shipping (GNK) has filed for bankruptcy, Bloomberg reports, as weakness in charter rates for its dry-bulk cargo ships made it difficult for the company to pay its creditors; shares have been halted since the open.
- GNK reportedly listed assets of $2.4B and debt of $1.5B in a Chapter 11 filing.
- Other shippers on the radar: DRYS, PRGN, DSX, FREE, EGLE, NM, NMM, SBLK, KEX, SB, SINO, BALT, ESEA, DCIX, TEU, DAC, SHIP, SSW, GSL.
Wed, Apr. 16, 12:46 PM
Thu, Mar. 27, 12:45 PM
Thu, Mar. 27, 11:40 AM
- Seanergy Maritime (SHIP +27.1%) shares are surging after the dry bulk shipper reported Q4 net earnings of $7.5M vs. a $117M loss in the prior-year quarter.
- SHIP says 2013 saw a significant reversal in dry bulk market conditions, as increased China imports of iron ore and the expected slowdown in vessel deliveries over the next years led to higher freight rates in Q4, and sees continued strength in 2014; time charter equivalent rose 7% in the full year to $8,006 from $7,465 in 2012.
- Other shipping names are mostly higher: GNK +9.2%, EGLE +3.2%, SBLK +2%, BALT +1.1%, SB +0.9%, NM +0.2%, DSX +0.2%, FREE -0.6%.
Thu, Mar. 27, 8:10 AM
Thu, Mar. 20, 11:13 AM
- Drybulk shipping rates are up big during past five weeks and rose again overnight.
- The Baltic Dry Index rose 3.2% overnight and has surged 49% since Feb. 12; the BDI has gained in 24 of the last 26 sessions, led by a 211% rise in capesize rates.
- Capesize rates climbed 6.9% (or $1,664/day) overnight to $25,659/day, while panamax rates rose $4/day to $9,019/day and supramax rates added 0.4% ($48/day) to $12,598/day.
- Related drybulk equities include DRYS, GNK, PRGN, DSX, FREE, ULTR, EGLE, NM, NMM, SBLK, KEX, SB, SINO, BALT, SHIP, DCIX.
Thu, Feb. 20, 12:47 PM
Thu, Feb. 20, 8:15 AM
Wed, Feb. 19, 12:45 PM
SHIP vs. ETF Alternatives
Seanergy Maritime Holdings Corp provides global transportation solutions in the dry bulk shipping sector through its vessel-owning subsidiaries for a range of dry bulk cargoes, including coal, iron ore, and grains, bauxite, phosphate and steel products.
Other News & PR