Thu, Feb. 26, 6:47 AM
- Sears Holdings (NASDAQ:SHLD) reports comparable-store sales at the Sears chain fell 7% in Q4 and the Kmart comps declined 2%.
- Segment sales: Kmart: $3.547B (-11.48%); Sears Domestic: $4.552B (-17.07%).
- Gross margin rate improved 100 bps to 24.42%.
- Adjusted gross margin rate +558 bps to 24.55%
- SG&A expense rate was flat at 24.7% & adjusted SG&A rate +316 bps to 23%.
- Merchandise inventory -29.73% to $4.943B.
- Store count -704 Y/Y to 1,725.
- SHLD +0.26% premarket.
Thu, Feb. 26, 6:05 AM
Wed, Feb. 25, 5:30 PM
- ACIW, ACTA, AES, AKRX, AMCX, AMWD, ANSS, ARCC, BDBD, BIN, BUD, CCG, CHS, CNP, CNSL, CRI, CWEI, CYBX, DDD, EME, EXH, EXLP, FCH, FIG, FRO, GCAP, GOGO, HAWK, HEES, HSC, HSNI, ICON, IQNT, IRDM, ITC, KOP, KSS, LKQ, LPI, LTM, MBLY, MDXG, MGLN, MITL, MRGE, [[NTi]], NTLS, NXST, NXTM, OGE, ONE, RHP, SDRL, SEAS, SFY, SHLD, SNAK, SNH, SNMX, SRE, SRPT, TASR, TD, TICC, TWI, VAC, VC, VICL, WAC, WNR, XCRA, ZEUS
Dec. 4, 2014, 7:04 AM
- A leaner Sears Holdings (NASDAQ:SHLD) from a year ago reports comparable-store sales at the Sears chain fell 0.7% in FQ3, while the Kmart comp rose 0.5%.
- Sales in the company's online channel improved 9% over the period.
- Gross margin rate -110 bps to 22.2%.
- SG&A expense rate +60 bps to 27.9%.
- Merchandise inventory -27.5% to $6.464B.
- Cash balance -15% to $326M.
- Sears says it had $1.5B left to borrow under the terms of its credit facility as of December 3.
- SHLD -0.1% premarket.
Dec. 4, 2014, 6:06 AM
Dec. 3, 2014, 5:30 PM
Aug. 21, 2014, 6:57 AM| 5 Comments
Aug. 21, 2014, 6:02 AM
Aug. 20, 2014, 5:30 PM
May 22, 2014, 6:02 AM
May 21, 2014, 5:30 PM
Feb. 27, 2014, 6:03 AM| 6 Comments
Jan. 9, 2014, 4:29 PM
- Sears (SHLD) reports its FQ4 (ends Feb. 1) same-store sales were down 7.4% Y/Y as of Jan. 6. Sears Domestic comps were down 9.2%, and Kmart 5.7%. By comparison, Sears saw only a 3.1% same-store drop in FQ3 (4% for Sears Domestic, 2.1% for Kmart). (PR)
- With those numbers on the books, Sears now expects to report adjusted FQ4 EPS of -$2.01 to -$2.98, well below a -$0.20 consensus. Consolidated adjusted EBITDA is expected to be in a range of -$65M to $65M.
- The retailer notes it has "continued with traditional promotional programs and marketing expenditures while investing in [its] member-centric model," and says these actions have impacted its margins and expenses.
- Sears had $1B in cash as of Jan. 4, not counting C$300M in pending proceeds from a Sears Canada real estate sale, and $2.3B available via credit facilities. FQ4 results are due on Feb. 27.
Nov. 21, 2013, 6:03 AM
Aug. 22, 2013, 4:52 PM| 3 Comments
Aug. 22, 2013, 6:47 AM| 1 Comment
SHLD vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR