There is research on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
From other sites
at Investor's Business Daily (Jan 9, 2015)
Sunstone Hotel Investors Series D Cumulative Redeemable Preferred Stock Shares Cross 7.5% Yield Markat Nasdaq.com (Dec 24, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Jun 10, 2013)
at MarketWatch.com (Jun 20, 2012)
at MarketWatch.com (Dec 20, 2010)
at CNBC.com (Jun 1, 2010)
at MarketWatch.com (May 10, 2010)
Dec. 31, 2014, 2:25 AM
- Real-estate investment trusts were among the hottest stocks of the year, producing a total return of 32.3%, including dividends, according to the FTSE Nareit Equity REITs Index.
- Boosted by low interest rates and an improving economy, the sector has climbed this year to its biggest gains in nearly a decade.
- Analysts are predicting REIT shares to continue to perform well in 2015, as a stronger economy and increased M&A activity drown out the risk of possible rate rises.
- With its shares rising 68.3% this year, the top-performing REIT in 2014 was Winthrop Realty Trust (NYSE:FUR).
- Related tickers: ARCP, DEI, DCT, PEB, SHO, EXR, FRT, EPR, MPW, NYRT, MAC, AVIV, CPT, EQR , PKY, MAC, SKT, WRI
- ETFs: IYR, VNQ, DRN, URE, SRS, RWR, SCHH, ICF, DRV, KBWY, REK, FRI, FTY, PSR, WREI
Dec. 22, 2014, 11:08 AM
- All four names have had impressive moves higher this year, so the actions aren't necessarily valuation-related, but Evercore ISI downgrades Pebblebrook Hotel Trust (PEB +0.2%) and Sunstone Hotel Investors (SHO +1.2%) to Hold from Buy, and upgrades Extra Storage Space (EXR +0.6%) and Federal Realty Trust (FRT +0.7%) to Buy from Hold.
Nov. 24, 2014, 9:46 AM| Comment!
Nov. 3, 2014, 8:04 AM
Oct. 20, 2014, 10:01 AM
- Stifel steps into the Ebola-related downdraft in the lodging sector, upgrading the largest (by market cap) such REIT, Hospitality Property Trust (HPT +2.1%) to Buy with $30 price target.
- Other names: Ashford (AHT +1.2%), Strategic Hotels (BEE +0.8%), Sunstone Hotel (SHO +1.1%), LaSalle Hotel (LHO +0.6%), Chesapeake Lodging (CHSP +0.6%), Summit Hotel (INN +1.2%), Pebblebrook Hotel (PEB +0.7%).
Oct. 15, 2014, 5:25 AM
- A second healthcare worker has contracted Ebola in the U.S.,
- The worker, a staff member at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital, was among those who looked after Thomas Duncan, who died of the virus earlier this month.
- More on Ebola
- Related health stocks: TKMR, BCRX, HEB, INO, NLNK, NNVC, OTCQB:GOVX, SRPT, CMRX, GSK, IBIO, APT, LAKE, SRPT, PLX, NSPH, SMED, VSR, AHPI
- Airlines: DAL, AAL, UAL, SKYW, ALGT, HA, LUV
- Hotels: MAR, HLT, IHG, STAY, H, HOT, CHH
- Lodging REITS: AHT, SHO, LHO, INN
Oct. 13, 2014, 4:19 PM
- Both equity and mortgage REITs saw plenty of buying as nearly all of the rest of the market was lit up bright red, and Treasury ETFs signaled a sharp drop in yields when government bonds reopen for trade tomorrow (closed this session for Columbus Day).
- A sampling of equity names: Senior Housing Properties (SNH +1.2%), Medical Properties Trust (MPW +1.4%), Gramercy Property Trust (GPT +1.7%), Equity Residential (EQR +0.7%), Inland Real Estate (IRC +0.9%), Sovran Self Storage (SSS +1.1%), Highwoods Properties Trust (HIW +1%).
- One equity REIT sector in the red along with the rest of the market is lodging amid worsening Ebola fears: Ashford Hospitality Trust (AHT -2.9%), Sunshine Hotel Investors (SHO -1.4%), LaSalle Hotel Properties (LHO -1.5%), Summit Hotel Properties (INN -1.5%).
- Mortgage REITs: American Capital Agency (AGNC +1.4%), CYS Investments (CYS +2.2%), Invesco (IVR +1.1%), American Capital Mortgage (MTGE +1.5%), Western Asset (WMC +1.1%).
- ETFs: IYR, VNQ, REM, MORL, MORT, DRN, URE, REZ, SRS, RWR, SCHH, ICF, ROOF, DRV, KBWY, RTL, REK, FRI, FTY, PSR, IFNA, FNIO, WREI
Sep. 15, 2014, 9:50 AM| Comment!
Aug. 7, 2014, 5:23 PM
Jun. 19, 2014, 4:32 PM
- The 544-room Wallea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa sits on 22 acres and is being purchased by Sunstone Hotel (SHO) for $325.7M, or $598.6K per key.
- The price is 16.9x forecasted 2014 EBITDA, and makes for a cap rate of 5.2%.
- Funding: The seller - a Blackstone fund - will be issued $60M worth of Sunstone common stock at a price of $14.87 per share (today's closing price), and Sunstone will commence with a public secondary offering of another 18M shares.
- Shares -1.5% AH
May. 5, 2014, 4:23 PM
Feb. 20, 2014, 4:50 PM| Comment!
Jan. 14, 2014, 3:50 PM
- The hotel REIT sector is having a big day, led by Strategic Hotels & Resorts (BEE +1.8%) one day after a 2-notch upgrade by BAML to Buy from Underperform. The price target is $11.50.
- The activist target initially popped yesterday following the upgrade, but gave up those gains as the market tanked in the afternoon.
- Others: Hospitality Properties (HPT +0.8%), Sunstone Hotel (SHO +1.5%), LaSalle Hotel (LHO +1.1%), Pebblebrook (PEB +1.8%), Ashford Hospitality (AHT +1.8%).
Nov. 11, 2013, 4:53 PM
Nov. 11, 2013, 12:10 AM
Nov. 10, 2013, 5:35 PM
SHO vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR