Feb. 24, 2014, 4:35 PM
Feb. 24, 2014, 12:10 AM
Feb. 23, 2014, 5:35 PM
Nov. 12, 2013, 5:27 PM
- SINA expects Q4 revenue of $190M-$194M, well above a $182.1M consensus. Ad revenue is expected to total $160M-$162M, up from a Q4 2012 level of $110.7M.
- Q3 ad sales rose 26% Y/Y to $151.6M; that's a faster growth rate than Q2's 17%. A major reason: Weibo ad sales jumped 46% Q/Q and 125% Y/Y to $43.7M.
- Non-ad revenue only rose 5% Y/Y to $28.4M, after growing 35% in Q2. The slowdown occurred even though Weibo value-added service revenue rose 26% Q/Q and 121% Y/Y to $9.7M.
- Gross margin jumped to 64% from 54% in Q2 and the year-ago period. Sina says its "efforts to scale its core advertising business profitably" are improving margins.
- Opex rose 23% Y/Y, slightly outpacing rev. growth of 21%. A 29% increase in R&D spend to $36.6M had much to do with the increase.
- SINA +3.4% AH. CC at 8PM ET. Q3 results, PR.
Nov. 12, 2013, 4:46 PM
Nov. 12, 2013, 12:10 AM
Nov. 11, 2013, 5:35 PM
Aug. 12, 2013, 5:40 PM
- Sina (SINA) expects Q3 revenue of $176M-$180M, well above a $165.5M consensus.
- Ramping Weibo monetization helped fuel the Q2 beat. Weibo ad revenue +209% Y/Y to $30M, and Weibo value-added service (VAS) revenue (games, membership fees) +186% to $7.7M. Weibo now makes up 24% of total revenue.
- Total ad revenue +17% Y/Y to $120.6M (+20% in Q1), total non-ad revenue +35% to $32.2M (only +17% in Q1).
- Ad revenue is expected to surge to $151M-$153M in Q3, but non-ad revenue is expected to drop to $25M-$27M thanks to a $6M Q/Q decline in mobile VAS revenue.
- Gross margin was 54%, up from 51% in Q1 and 53% a year ago.
- Another reason for the EPS beat: opex only rose 13% Y/Y, less than rev. growth of 20% and representing a sharp slowdown in growth from recent quarters. Lower marketing spend was partly responsible.
- CC at 9PM ET. Q2 results, PR
Aug. 12, 2013, 5:03 PM
Aug. 12, 2013, 12:10 AM
Aug. 11, 2013, 5:35 PM
Aug. 1, 2013, 5:45 PM
- YY's Q3 guidance is for revenue of RMB430M-RMB440M ($70.1M-$71.8M), good for 88%-92% Y/Y growth and well above a consensus of $61.4M.
- Q2 music services (YY Music) revenue +189% Y/Y to $27.8M (42% of total) thanks to a 174% increase in paid users to 635K.
- Online game revenue +87% Y/Y to $24.8M. Paid users +61% to 440K, Q2 ARPU +16% to RMB346 ($56.72).
- Online ads +42% to $6.9M, other revenue (membership program) +149% to $7.1M.
- Opex doubled Y/Y to $22.4M thanks to higher R&D and G&A spend. But since gross profit rose 136% Y/Y on the back of 118% rev. growth, op. margin rose to 20.2% from 12.7% a year ago.
- Chinese social networking peers are up in sympathy. Renren (RENN) +2.8% AH after soaring 19.5% in regular trading in the absence of major news. Sina (SINA) +0.8% after rising 6.8% thanks to Alibaba's moves.
- Q2 results, PR
May. 16, 2013, 5:08 PM
May. 16, 2013, 12:10 AM
May. 15, 2013, 5:35 PM
Mar. 20, 2013, 10:57 AMSolid earnings from Tencent (TCEHY.PK) and a rally in Shanghai help Chinese Internet stocks trade higher. YOKU +3.8%. SINA +2.8%. QIHU +2.5%. SOHU +1.8%. YY +1.8%. NTES +1.5%. PWRD +1.7%. Tencent, which rose 1.5% in Hong Kong, reported a 53% Y/Y increase in Q4 sales to $1.96B, and a 37% increase in net income to $557M. Ad sales were better than expected, and value-added service sales (includes online games) rose 32%. Registered accounts for Tencent's WeChat mobile IM platform, which competes with Sina's Weibo, have topped 300M. | Comment!
SINA vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR