Quote & Headlines
5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
There are no Focus articles on SINGY.
To learn more about Seeking Alpha PRO, click here.
There are no Transcripts on SINGY.
There are no News articles on SINGY.
SINGY vs. ETF Alternatives
Saturday, Nov 309:30 AMDangerous game of chicken playing out in Chinese airspace
Saturday, Nov 309:30 AM| 23 Comments
- The Obama administration wants U.S. carriers to avoid routing flights as the crow flies if it means crossing into Chinese airspace with tensions escalating over China's new air defense zone.
- The move by China is related to a territorial dispute with Japan over a group of rocky islands, but threatens to disrupt the commercial airline industry in the nation.
- In an act of defiance, Japanese and South Korean carriers aren't filing flight plans to comply with the new strict regulations from Beijing.
- What to watch: The lucrative business travel segment in China could be up for grabs if Beijing extends the strict regulations or punishes non-compliant carriers.
- Related airliners: Delta Air Lines (DAL), United Continental (UAL), US Airways (LCC), Ryanair (RYAAY), Cathay Pacific Airways (CPCAY), Singapore Airways (SINGY), China Eastern Airlines (CEA), China Southern Airlines (ZNH), British Airways (IAG).
Monday, Sep 2310:53 AMThe IATA lowers profit forecast for global airliners
Monday, Sep 2310:53 AM| Comment!
- IATA cuts its estimate for global airline profits in 2013 to $11.7B, a reduction of 8% from a prior forecast.
- The association notes higher oil prices are the main factor for taking a dimmer view of profits for the sector.
- Related stocks: Delta Air Lines (DAL), United Continental (UAL), US Airways (LCC), Ryanair (RYAAY), Cathay Pacific Airways (CPCAY.PK), Singapore Airways (SINGY.PK), China Eastern Airlines (CEA), China Southern Airlines (ZNH), Copa Holdings (CPA), Gol Linhas (GOL), and Latam Airlines (LFL).
Thursday, Sep 199:06 AM
Thursday, May 307:58 AMSingapore Airlines (SINGY.PK) confirms blockbuster bookings for aircraft from Boeing (BA +0.2%) and Airbus, with the carrier ordering 30 jets each from the plane makers in deals valued at a over $17B. Under its transaction with Boeing, Singapore Airlines would become the launch customer for the stretched version of the 787, subject to Boeing moving forward with the project. |Thursday, May 307:58 AM| 1 Comment
Thursday, May 307:05 AM
Friday, May 31:55 PMGlobal airline passenger traffic picked up in March, according to the latest batch of data from IATA. International traffic was up 6% while domestic traffic grew at a 5.7% clip. Analyst Rahul Sharma notes emerging markets helped drive the growth and thinks recent fare increases shows confidence by the group that demand will sustain. Global carriers to watch: Ryanair (RYAAY), Emirates, Cathay Pacific Airways (CPCAY.PK), Singapore Airways (SINGY.PK), Delta Air Lines (DAL), United Continental (UAL), China Eastern Airlines (CEA), China Southern Airlines (ZNH), Copa Holdings (CPA), Gol Linhas (GOL), and Latam Airlines (LFL). |Friday, May 31:55 PM| Comment!
Monday, Dec 102012, 6:15 AMVirgin Atlantic and Delta Air Lines (DAL) will reportedly form a code- and revenue-sharing agreement on transatlantic flights should the U.S. carrier buy Singapore Airlines' (SINGY.PK) 49% holding in the U.K. operator. Richard Branson isn't looking to sell any of his 51% stake in Virgin despite apparent interest from Air France-KLM (AFLYY.PK). (previous) |Monday, Dec 102012, 6:15 AM| Comment!
Thursday, Nov 152012, 4:52 AMSingapore Airlines' SilkAir has finalized an order for 54 Boeing (BA) 737 jets, including 31 737 Max 8 planes, in a deal worth $4.9B at list prices. The booking represents SilkAir's transition to Boeing aircraft and brings the total number of 737s ordered in 2012 to 1,031, the first time in the plane's history that it has passed 1,000 bookings in one year. (PR) |Thursday, Nov 152012, 4:52 AM| 1 Comment
Instablogs are blogs which are instantly set up and networked within the Seeking Alpha community. Instablog posts are not selected, edited or screened by Seeking Alpha editors, in contrast to contributors' articles.