Jul. 15, 2014, 4:36 PM
- This addition brings the company's aggregate buyback authorization up to $6B, good for nearly 1.8B shares at today's closing price of $3.38.
- Stock may be bought back in the open market, or in privately negotiated deals, including accelerated repurchase transactions with Liberty Media and affiliates.
- SIRI +1.8% premarket to $3.44.
- Source: Press Release
May. 1, 2014, 10:13 AM
Apr. 30, 2014, 7:55 AM
- Sirius XM Holdings (SIRI) still has plenty of room to grow, according to Barrington Research.
- Though the company's service is already installed in 26% of the cars on the road, Barrington thinks the number of vehicles with Sirius' equipment could double in five years to 120M.
- Other encouraging signs for Sirius are the low self-pay churn rate (1.9%) and falling subscriber acquisition costs ($35).
Apr. 24, 2014, 7:30 AM
Apr. 24, 2014, 7:08 AM
Mar. 26, 2014, 11:24 AM
Mar. 17, 2014, 10:19 AM| 5 Comments
Mar. 14, 2014, 1:10 PM| Comment!
Mar. 14, 2014, 8:21 AM
- Shares of Liberty Media (LMCA) are flying higher in early trading after the company creates a pair of tracking stocks.
- Analysts say the new setup, which includes pulling an offer to buy out Sirius XM (SIRI), removes a lot of risk from the equation while providing clearer channels for investors to bet on the media conglomerate's underlying assets.
- SIRI -0.6% as its left dangling in the wind a bit, while LMCA is +9.0% premarket.
Mar. 13, 2014, 6:22 PM
- Liberty Media (LMCA) is creating two new tracking stocks: One will be known as Liberty Media, and the other Liberty Broadband. Investors will receive one share of the former tracking stock, and four shares of the latter, for each Liberty share they currently own.
- Shareholders will also get "a subscription right to acquire one additional series A or series B share of Liberty Broadband tracking stock for every five shares of series A or five shares of series B Liberty Broadband tracking stock they receive in the Distribution."
- The subscription rights will be priced at "a 20% discount to the 20-trading day volume weighted average trading price of Liberty Broadband tracking stock following the closing of the Distribution."
- The tracking stocks are expected to trade under the symbols LBRDA and LBRDB. The broadband tracking stock will cover Liberty's stakes in Charter and Time Warner Cable, and its TruePosition subsidiary.
- As a result of the change, Liberty says its previous offer for Sirius XM (SIRI) is "no longer applicable." The company adds it remains an "enthusiastic" owner of 53% of Sirius.
- SIRI -2.1% AH. LMCA +0.7%.
Feb. 14, 2014, 1:06 PM
- Jana Partners added 400K shares of General Motors (GM +1.8%) to its holdings to take its position up to 7.971M shares as of December 31, 2013.
- In other bets on the automobile industry, the hedge fund disclosed it was long 50M shares of Sirius XM Holdings (SIRI +1%) and 2.78M shares of Visteon (VC +0.7%) on the same date.
- SEC Form 13G
Feb. 5, 2014, 9:12 AM
Feb. 4, 2014, 7:27 AM
- SiriusXM Radio (SIRI) says subscriber acquisitions costs fell to just 12% of total revenue in Q4 to mark the lowest percentage in the company's history for the ratio.
- The company added 411,484 self-pay subscribers to take its self-pay base up to 21.1M.
- Subscriber revenue was up 10.1% to $852.5M.
- 2014 guidance is reaffirmed.
Feb. 4, 2014, 7:01 AM| 5 Comments
Feb. 4, 2014, 12:05 AM
Feb. 3, 2014, 5:30 PM
SIRI vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR