Tue, Jul. 28, 8:56 AM
- Sirius XM (NASDAQ:SIRI) is up 3.1% premarket after growing revenues and subscribers in Q2, and raising guidance across the board for the full year.
- Revenues that grew nearly 8% led to net income of $103M, including a pretax $108M royalty litigation settlement. Adjusted net income was $170M (up 29%). EBITDA of $415M (up 12%) was a quarterly record and beat an expected $412M.
- Revenue by segment: Subscriber revenue, $940M (up 7.1%); advertising revenue, $28.8M (up 13.1%); equipment revenue, $29.3M (up 6%); other revenue, $125M (up 20.1%).
- It added 692K net new subscribers (up 46% Y/Y); 519K self-pay net new adds were up 36.6%. Paid subscribers rose to 28.4M and self-pay subscribers to 23.4M (record highs).
- After "phenomenal on all fronts" performance in the first half, it's guiding for increases across the board for 2015: total net sub adds of 1.8M (1.6M net self-pay adds); revenue of $4.5B (in line) and EBITDA of about $1.62B (vs. an expected $1.645B), and free cash flow of about $1.3B. It's the second time the company has raised guidance this year for subscriber growth.
- Press Release
Tue, Jul. 28, 7:03 AM
Tue, Apr. 28, 9:24 AM
- Sirius XM Holdings (NASDAQ:SIRI) is off 1.3% premarket after a Q1 miss on top and bottom lines that still saw double-digit growth in net income and strong subscriber additions.
- Adjusted EBITDA of $399M was up 19% to an all-time high and beat an expected $392M. EBITDA margin of 37% was also a company high.
- Net subscriber additions during Q1 were 431K, up 61% from the prior-year 267K. Self-pay net adds were 394K, up from prior year's 173K. Self-pay monthly churn was down slightly to 1.8% from 1.9%. Ending total subscribers was 27.4M.
- Revenue breakout: Subscriber, $911.5M (up 7%); Advertising, $26.9M (up 21%); Equipment, 24.8M (up 3.6%); Other, $117.8M (up 17.7%).
- Free cash flow of $276M, up 24%.
- The company raised its guidance on 2015 revenue to $4.47B (vs. expectations of $4.48B) and raised its expected net subscriber adds to 1.4M, while reiterating guidance for adjusted EBITDA of $1.6B (vs. expectations of $1.639B) and free cash flow of about $1.25B.
- Press release
Tue, Apr. 28, 7:02 AM
Wed, Feb. 25, 5:05 PM
- In Q4 results, Liberty Media (NASDAQ:LMCA) pointed to Sirius XM's (NASDAQ:SIRI) earnings -- Liberty's stake in Sirius XM now stands at 57%, and the SIRI stake represents over 90% of Liberty's market cap -- as well as completing its spinoff of Liberty Broadband in November.
- Net income on a GAAP basis was $143.1M vs. the prior $65.2M. Adjusted EBITDA was $381.3M, beating an expected $377M and up from the prior year's $325.6M.
- The company rebought 489K shares of LMCK class from Nov. 1 through Jan. 31, at a cost of $17M.
- Adjusted OIBDA for Q4 rose to $359M, up from the prior year's $319M. Removing depreciation and amortization, operating income rose to $206M from the prior year's $189M.
- Cash on a GAAP basis stood at $681M at year's end. Debt, primarily in Sirius XM senior notes, was at $5.85B.
- Free cash flow was $330.7M compared with the prior year's $303.2M.
- Press release
Thu, Feb. 5, 9:13 AM
- Sirius XM (NASDAQ:SIRI) reported a Q4 beat on top and bottom lines as subscribers grew to 27.3M total (up from prior year 25.6M).
- Net subscriber adds in quarter of 576.7K. Self-pay net adds were 508K, up from prior year's 411.5K.
- Monthly churn down slightly to 1.8%.
- Free cash flow reached a Q4 record of $331M ($0.059/share).
- Operating expenses up 5.6% to $797.3M, with 15% increases in cost of customer service/billing and 21% increase in sales and marketing making up much of the increase.
- For the full year: Revenues up 10% to $4.18B; Net income was up 31% to $493M; Adjusted EBITDA up 26% to $1.47B; and free cash flow up 25% to a record $1.16B. Share buybacks reached $2.5B in 2014; leverage "remained steady at about 3.1x EBITDA."
- Shares up 1.9% premarket.
- Press Release
Thu, Feb. 5, 7:03 AM
Wed, Feb. 4, 5:30 PM
- ABB, ADS, AINV, AMSC, APO, ARW, AZN, BCE, BCO, BDC, BDX, BLL, BR, CFX, CHTR, CI, CMI, COTY, CSL, DFT, DLPH, DNKN, EL, EQM, EQT, ETR, FBP, FIS, GLT, GPI, GPK, GRA, GRUB, ICE, IT, IVC, KORS, LAZ, LIOX, LQDT, MDSO, MMP, MMS, MSCI, NGD, NUS, ODFL, OZM, PBH, PM, PPL, PRGO, PRLB, PTEN, RFP, RSTI, SBH, SIRI, SNA, SNCR, SPH, SQNS, TDC, TE, TEVA, TW, USG, UTEK, VLP, VMC, VSH, XYL
Oct. 28, 2014, 7:03 AM
Oct. 27, 2014, 5:30 PM
- ACI, AET, AGCO, AIXG, ALR, AME, AMTD, AN, AXE, BP, CAS, CIT, CMI, CNC, CNX, COH, CPLA, CRY, CVLT, CYNO, DD, DIN, ECL, ENTG, FCX, FDP, FLWS, FMER, GLPI, GLW, HCA, HMC, HOT, HRS, ICON, IIVI, IPGP, LH, MDSO, MLM, MMC, MSM, MSO, MWV, NBL, NCI, NVS, PCAR, PCG, PES, PFE, PH, POR, RDWR, SAIA, SAVE, SCHN, SCOR, SHW, SIRI, SNCR, ST, SYRG, TECH, TKR, TRW, TTS, TWI, UBS, UTHR, VDSI, VRTS, VSH, WAB, WHR, XYL
Jul. 29, 2014, 7:05 AM
Apr. 24, 2014, 7:08 AM
Feb. 4, 2014, 7:27 AM
- SiriusXM Radio (SIRI) says subscriber acquisitions costs fell to just 12% of total revenue in Q4 to mark the lowest percentage in the company's history for the ratio.
- The company added 411,484 self-pay subscribers to take its self-pay base up to 21.1M.
- Subscriber revenue was up 10.1% to $852.5M.
- 2014 guidance is reaffirmed.
Feb. 4, 2014, 7:01 AM
Feb. 4, 2014, 12:05 AM
Feb. 3, 2014, 5:30 PM
SIRI vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR