Wed, Feb. 25, 5:05 PM
- In Q4 results, Liberty Media (NASDAQ:LMCA) pointed to Sirius XM's (NASDAQ:SIRI) earnings -- Liberty's stake in Sirius XM now stands at 57%, and the SIRI stake represents over 90% of Liberty's market cap -- as well as completing its spinoff of Liberty Broadband in November.
- Net income on a GAAP basis was $143.1M vs. the prior $65.2M. Adjusted EBITDA was $381.3M, beating an expected $377M and up from the prior year's $325.6M.
- The company rebought 489K shares of LMCK class from Nov. 1 through Jan. 31, at a cost of $17M.
- Adjusted OIBDA for Q4 rose to $359M, up from the prior year's $319M. Removing depreciation and amortization, operating income rose to $206M from the prior year's $189M.
- Cash on a GAAP basis stood at $681M at year's end. Debt, primarily in Sirius XM senior notes, was at $5.85B.
- Free cash flow was $330.7M compared with the prior year's $303.2M.
- Press release
Thu, Feb. 5, 9:13 AM
- Sirius XM (NASDAQ:SIRI) reported a Q4 beat on top and bottom lines as subscribers grew to 27.3M total (up from prior year 25.6M).
- Net subscriber adds in quarter of 576.7K. Self-pay net adds were 508K, up from prior year's 411.5K.
- Monthly churn down slightly to 1.8%.
- Free cash flow reached a Q4 record of $331M ($0.059/share).
- Operating expenses up 5.6% to $797.3M, with 15% increases in cost of customer service/billing and 21% increase in sales and marketing making up much of the increase.
- For the full year: Revenues up 10% to $4.18B; Net income was up 31% to $493M; Adjusted EBITDA up 26% to $1.47B; and free cash flow up 25% to a record $1.16B. Share buybacks reached $2.5B in 2014; leverage "remained steady at about 3.1x EBITDA."
- Shares up 1.9% premarket.
- Press Release
Thu, Feb. 5, 7:03 AM
Wed, Feb. 4, 5:30 PM
- ABB, ADS, AINV, AMSC, APO, ARW, AZN, BCE, BCO, BDC, BDX, BLL, BR, CFX, CHTR, CI, CMI, COTY, CSL, DFT, DLPH, DNKN, EL, EQM, EQT, ETR, FBP, FIS, GLT, GPI, GPK, GRA, GRUB, ICE, IT, IVC, KORS, LAZ, LIOX, LQDT, MDSO, MMP, MMS, MSCI, NGD, NUS, ODFL, OZM, PBH, PM, PPL, PRGO, PRLB, PTEN, RFP, RSTI, SBH, SIRI, SNA, SNCR, SPH, SQNS, TDC, TE, TEVA, TW, USG, UTEK, VLP, VMC, VSH, XYL
Oct. 28, 2014, 7:03 AM
Oct. 27, 2014, 5:30 PM
- ACI, AET, AGCO, AIXG, ALR, AME, AMTD, AN, AXE, BP, CAS, CIT, CMI, CNC, CNX, COH, CPLA, CRY, CVLT, CYNO, DD, DIN, ECL, ENTG, FCX, FDP, FLWS, FMER, GLPI, GLW, HCA, HMC, HOT, HRS, ICON, IIVI, IPGP, LH, MDSO, MLM, MMC, MSM, MSO, MWV, NBL, NCI, NVS, PCAR, PCG, PES, PFE, PH, POR, RDWR, SAIA, SAVE, SCHN, SCOR, SHW, SIRI, SNCR, ST, SYRG, TECH, TKR, TRW, TTS, TWI, UBS, UTHR, VDSI, VRTS, VSH, WAB, WHR, XYL
Jul. 29, 2014, 7:05 AM
Apr. 24, 2014, 7:08 AM
Feb. 4, 2014, 7:27 AM
- SiriusXM Radio (SIRI) says subscriber acquisitions costs fell to just 12% of total revenue in Q4 to mark the lowest percentage in the company's history for the ratio.
- The company added 411,484 self-pay subscribers to take its self-pay base up to 21.1M.
- Subscriber revenue was up 10.1% to $852.5M.
- 2014 guidance is reaffirmed.
Feb. 4, 2014, 7:01 AM| 5 Comments
Feb. 4, 2014, 12:05 AM
Feb. 3, 2014, 5:30 PM
Oct. 24, 2013, 7:03 AM
Jul. 25, 2013, 9:27 AMMore on Sirius XM Radio's (SIRI) Q2: The company added 715,762 subscribers during the quarter as the expected boom from higher auto sales continues to feed growth. Self-pay net subscriber additions totaled over 423K. For the full year, Sirius sees revenue of over $3.7B and adjusted EBITDA of $1.14B. SIRI +2.5% premarket. (PR) | Comment!
Jul. 25, 2013, 7:05 AM
Apr. 30, 2013, 7:34 AMMore on Sirius XM Radio (SIRI): The company says its total paid subscriber base increased 9% Y/Y to reach 24.4M as the resurgence of the U.S. automobile industry helps bring in first-time subscribers. Subscriber acquisition costs per gross addition declined during the period. At the end of the quarter, free cash flow stood at $142M. Guidance for 2013 is for total net subscriber adds of 1.4M and revenue of over $3.7B. SIRI +1.0% premarket. (PR) | 5 Comments
SIRI vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR