Thu, Apr. 2, 3:31 PM
- Sirius XM (NASDAQ:SIRI) is up 2.2% today as Nissan rolled out new vehicles for 2016, some of which will feature a new Sirius telematics program.
- The platform will feature vehicle security, vehicle health monitoring, remote access and more across three tiers of service. The highest tier will add to basics like emergency services with destination services including search and journey planning.
- Sirius XM also has telematics partnerships with other major manufacturers, including Acura, BMW, Honda, Hyundai, Infiniti, and Toyota and Lexus.
- Previously: New York Auto Show: Nissan talks capacity, unveils Maxima (Apr. 02 2015)
Thu, Feb. 5, 9:13 AM
- Sirius XM (NASDAQ:SIRI) reported a Q4 beat on top and bottom lines as subscribers grew to 27.3M total (up from prior year 25.6M).
- Net subscriber adds in quarter of 576.7K. Self-pay net adds were 508K, up from prior year's 411.5K.
- Monthly churn down slightly to 1.8%.
- Free cash flow reached a Q4 record of $331M ($0.059/share).
- Operating expenses up 5.6% to $797.3M, with 15% increases in cost of customer service/billing and 21% increase in sales and marketing making up much of the increase.
- For the full year: Revenues up 10% to $4.18B; Net income was up 31% to $493M; Adjusted EBITDA up 26% to $1.47B; and free cash flow up 25% to a record $1.16B. Share buybacks reached $2.5B in 2014; leverage "remained steady at about 3.1x EBITDA."
- Shares up 1.9% premarket.
- Press Release
Oct. 28, 2014, 7:03 AM
Jul. 15, 2014, 5:35 PM
Jul. 15, 2014, 4:36 PM
- This addition brings the company's aggregate buyback authorization up to $6B, good for nearly 1.8B shares at today's closing price of $3.38.
- Stock may be bought back in the open market, or in privately negotiated deals, including accelerated repurchase transactions with Liberty Media and affiliates.
- SIRI +1.8% premarket to $3.44.
- Source: Press Release
Apr. 24, 2014, 7:30 AM
Jan. 6, 2014, 9:11 AM
- Gainers: SEED +29%. PPHM +28%. EONC +18%. OXBT +18%. CPRX +13%. CBMX +13%. SCTY +11%. SOL +10%. XPO +10%. ETRM +9%. RMBS +9%. GRO +8%. PACR +8%. SIRI +8%. PXLW +7%. LIVE +7%. ATHX +7%. RSOL +7%. P +6%. CPST +6%. FRO +5%. TSL +5%.
- Losers: SCSS -13%. GYRO -8%. SRPT -7%. CAMT -6%. TWTR -6%. ARIA -6%. CHTP -5%.
Jan. 6, 2014, 8:39 AM
- Shares of Sirius XM Radio (SIRI) race 7.8% higher to $3.85 in premarket trading following an offer late Friday from Liberty Media (LMCA) to take over the company in a deal which values the company at $3.68 per share.
- In a conference call with analysts, execs said if the deal is completed it would allow Liberty to start buying back shares at an increased pace.
Jan. 3, 2014, 6:24 PM
- After coming off a halt, Sirius XM (SIRI) is trading at $3.75 after hours in the wake of Liberty Media's (LMCA) offer to assume full ownership of the satellite radio owner.
- That represents a 5% gain from Sirius' closing price of $3.57, and is 1.9% above the $3.68/share buyout price implied by Liberty's all-stock offer. Some Sirius shareholders might be betting on a better offer arriving.
- Liberty shares are up 0.5% AH.
Jan. 3, 2014, 4:51 PM
- Liberty Media (LMCA), which already owns a majority stake in Sirius XM (SIRI), is proposing to make Sirius a 100%-owned subsidiary through an all-stock deal. (PR)
- Liberty proposes to have each Sirius converted into a 0.076 new Liberty Series C shares, and then distribute, on a 2:1 basis, Series C shares to all holders of Liberty's Series A and B shares.
- The exchange ratio values Sirius at $3.68/share based on Liberty's Friday close; that's an $0.11, or 3%, premium to Sirius' closing price of $3.57.
- Sirius' public shareholders would own 39% of the new company, which (based on current prices) stands to have a market cap of $27B.
- Sirius shares are halted. CC at 5PM ET.
Jul. 25, 2013, 9:27 AMMore on Sirius XM Radio's (SIRI) Q2: The company added 715,762 subscribers during the quarter as the expected boom from higher auto sales continues to feed growth. Self-pay net subscriber additions totaled over 423K. For the full year, Sirius sees revenue of over $3.7B and adjusted EBITDA of $1.14B. SIRI +2.5% premarket. (PR) | Comment!
Jul. 9, 2013, 7:37 AMSirius XM Radio (SIRI) says it added 715K net new subscribers in Q2 to take its total subscriber count to more than 25M. Based on the strong quarter, the company raises its full-year guidance for total net subscriber additions to 1.5M from its prior guidance of 1.4M. SIRI +2.3% premarket. | 1 Comment
Jun. 26, 2013, 9:12 AMPandora (P) +4.1%, adding to yesterday's gains (I, II), after The Verge's Greg Sandoval reports the company is talking to both music labels and artist groups about resolving royalty disputes. The report comes shortly after Pink Floyd penned an op-ed in USA Today attacking Pandora's attempts to lower rates, and less than a month after Pandora bought a radio station in an effort to lower a portion of its royalties. Pandora paid $0.11/stream last year, and is set to pay $0.13/stream next year and $0.14/stream in 2015. Content acquisition costs made up 66% of FQ1 revenue. Sirius XM's (SIRI) music costs, by comparison, made up just 7.5% of its 2012 revenue. | 1 Comment
Jun. 25, 2013, 10:12 AMThe integration of Pandora's (P +6.6%) service with in-car stereos from 23 automotive brands and 8 aftermarket vendors has led to 2.5M+ service activations, the company announces in a PR giving a lift to shares. Pandora also estimates over 1/3 of 2013 new U.S. car sales, courtesy of 100+ vehicle models, will have its service built-in. The debate over how much Pandora's rapid auto market growth affects Sirius XM (SIRI +0.5%) remains intense. Fast-growing mobile radio app developer TuneIn is also making an automotive push; Apple could do the same via iTunes Radio and its automaker deals. | 5 Comments
Jun. 10, 2013, 3:02 PM
Apr. 30, 2013, 7:34 AMMore on Sirius XM Radio (SIRI): The company says its total paid subscriber base increased 9% Y/Y to reach 24.4M as the resurgence of the U.S. automobile industry helps bring in first-time subscribers. Subscriber acquisition costs per gross addition declined during the period. At the end of the quarter, free cash flow stood at $142M. Guidance for 2013 is for total net subscriber adds of 1.4M and revenue of over $3.7B. SIRI +1.0% premarket. (PR) | 5 Comments
SIRI vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR