Wed, Apr. 22, 8:15 AM
- Six Flags (NYSE:SIX) reports total guest spending per capita was flat during Q1 at $43.82 per visitor.
- Admissions per capita +3% to $25.84.
- In-park spending per capita -4% to $17.98.
- S&G expenses rose 11.4% to $32.28M.
- The company's active pass base rose 53% Y/Y.
- Q1 results for Six Flags are only a partial scan of the company's business activity with most parks closed during winter.
- Previously: Six Flags misses by $0.08, beats on revenue
Wed, Apr. 22, 8:06 AM
Tue, Apr. 21, 5:30 PM
Thu, Mar. 12, 11:35 AM
- Cedar Fair (FUN +1.9%) and Six Flags (SIX +1.6%) are higher as Disney's annual meeting puts a spotlight back on theme park pricing.
- Analysts see some room for the operators to boost prices on their end or become less promotional with Disney taking an aggressive stance.
- Shares of SeaWorld Entertainment (SEAS -0.1%) are sitting out the theme park rally.
Mon, Feb. 23, 1:24 PM
- Shares of Six Flags (SIX +1.9%), SeaWorld Entertainment (SEAS +1.1%), and Cedar Fair (FUN +2%) rally after Disney announces a price hike at its parks.
- Industry analysts think the companies will slide in with their own rate increases.
- Previously: Disney raises park ticket prices; Magic Kingdom now $105/day
Thu, Feb. 19, 7:00 AM| Comment!
Wed, Feb. 18, 5:38 PM
Wed, Feb. 18, 5:30 PM
Tue, Feb. 17, 5:35 PM
- ABX, ACT, AMTG, ARII, ARRS, ASGN, AVG, AXLL, BGS, BJRI, CAR, CDE, CSLT, CVG, CW, CYNI, DENN, DTLK, ELNK, EOG, EQC, ETE, ETP, EXAM, FNF, HSTM, HT, IAG, IPI, KEG, KEYW, LHO, LOPE, MANT, MAR, MHLD, MIC, MRO, NVMI, OGS, OIS, PAAS, PCYC, PKD, REXX, RGP, SBRA, SCTY, SIX, SNPS, SSS, STR, SUN, SUNE, SXL, TERP, THRX, TILE, TRN, TS, UAM, WES, WGP, WMB, WPZ, XPO, YUME
Thu, Feb. 5, 9:05 AM
Tue, Jan. 6, 4:16 PM
- GasBuddy.com projects gas prices will average $2.64 per gallon in 2015.
- Most economists see a boost in U.S. retail spending from the gas savings with the exception of regions highly dependent upon the energy industry.
- While some Q4 reports from restaurant chains and retailers may show a marginal lift in sales due to the drop in gas prices, insiders think quantifying the impact will be more art than science.
- The following sub-sectors have been tapped by analysts as potential under-the-radar beneficiaries of the gas price effect.
- C-stores:KR, CASY, PTRY, OTCPK:ANCUF, CST, MUSA.
- Theme parks: SIX, FUN, DIS, CMCSA, PLAY.
- Beverages: KO, PEP, COT, DPS, BUD, SAM, BREW, TAP, MNST.
Nov. 21, 2014, 9:39 AM
- Theme park operators see the need to dramatically increase the use of videogame experiences at their parks in order to entice teenagers away from their Xbox and PlayStation environments.
- The concept of "immersion" will be added to many rides with 3-D backdrops, animatronics, and more chances to blast zombies.
- Related stocks: SIX, FUN, SEAS, DIS, CMCSA, PLAY.
Oct. 22, 2014, 9:38 AM
- Shares of Six Flags (SIX +9.9%) ride higher as the company successfully increases revenue on flat year-over-year attendance trends.
- Expansion is also tapped as a new contributor to top-line growth. During the firm's earnings call, the progress on new parks in China and the Middle East was highlighted.
- Execs call the international business a "significant" long term growth opportunity for Six Flags.
- Earnings call transcript
Oct. 22, 2014, 9:19 AM| 1 Comment
Oct. 21, 2014, 5:38 PM
Oct. 21, 2014, 4:59 PM
SIX vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR