Tue, Feb. 17, 5:35 PM
- ABX, ACT, AMTG, ARII, ARRS, ASGN, AVG, AXLL, BGS, BJRI, CAR, CDE, CSLT, CVG, CW, CYNI, DENN, DTLK, ELNK, EOG, EQC, ETE, ETP, EXAM, FNF, HSTM, HT, IAG, IPI, KEG, KEYW, LHO, LOPE, MANT, MAR, MHLD, MIC, MRO, NVMI, OGS, OIS, PAAS, PCYC, PKD, REXX, RGP, SBRA, SCTY, SIX, SNPS, SSS, STR, SUN, SUNE, SXL, TERP, THRX, TILE, TRN, TS, UAM, WES, WGP, WMB, WPZ, XPO, YUME
Thu, Feb. 5, 9:05 AM
Tue, Jan. 6, 4:16 PM
- GasBuddy.com projects gas prices will average $2.64 per gallon in 2015.
- Most economists see a boost in U.S. retail spending from the gas savings with the exception of regions highly dependent upon the energy industry.
- While some Q4 reports from restaurant chains and retailers may show a marginal lift in sales due to the drop in gas prices, insiders think quantifying the impact will be more art than science.
- The following sub-sectors have been tapped by analysts as potential under-the-radar beneficiaries of the gas price effect.
- C-stores:KR, CASY, PTRY, OTCPK:ANCUF, CST, MUSA.
- Theme parks: SIX, FUN, DIS, CMCSA, PLAY.
- Beverages: KO, PEP, COT, DPS, BUD, SAM, BREW, TAP, MNST.
Nov. 21, 2014, 9:39 AM
- Theme park operators see the need to dramatically increase the use of videogame experiences at their parks in order to entice teenagers away from their Xbox and PlayStation environments.
- The concept of "immersion" will be added to many rides with 3-D backdrops, animatronics, and more chances to blast zombies.
- Related stocks: SIX, FUN, SEAS, DIS, CMCSA, PLAY.
Oct. 22, 2014, 9:38 AM
- Shares of Six Flags (SIX +9.9%) ride higher as the company successfully increases revenue on flat year-over-year attendance trends.
- Expansion is also tapped as a new contributor to top-line growth. During the firm's earnings call, the progress on new parks in China and the Middle East was highlighted.
- Execs call the international business a "significant" long term growth opportunity for Six Flags.
- Earnings call transcript
Oct. 22, 2014, 9:19 AM| Oct. 22, 2014, 9:19 AM | 1 Comment
Oct. 21, 2014, 5:38 PM
Oct. 21, 2014, 4:59 PM
Oct. 21, 2014, 4:39 PM| Oct. 21, 2014, 4:39 PM | Comment!
Oct. 21, 2014, 4:33 PM
Oct. 20, 2014, 5:35 PM
Oct. 1, 2014, 9:55 AM
- Theme park stocks slide lower than market averages after a single case of Ebola in Dallas creates a talking point.
- Plenty of traders think the dip is providing a good entry point for names in the group off what they consider undue anxiety.
- Decliners: Disney (NYSE:DIS) -1.1%, Cedar Fair (NYSE:FUN) -0.6%, Six Flags (NYSE:SIX) -0.8%, SeaWorld (NYSE:SEAS) -1.1%.
Oct. 1, 2014, 8:42 AM
- Shares of Six Flags (NYSE:SIX) are on watch after a case of Ebola is reported in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area where the company operates an amusement park and water park.
- Though the public's reaction to the case has been very calm, a minor traffic dip at some theme parks is anticipated by some industry watchers.
Aug. 20, 2014, 8:05 AM
Jul. 28, 2014, 9:19 AM| Jul. 28, 2014, 9:19 AM | Comment!
Jul. 21, 2014, 3:49 PM
- Six Flags (SIX -3.9%) shares recover some of their earlier near-10% loss after CEO Jim Reid-Anderson reiterates in SIX's earnings conference call that the harsh winter weather meant a later start to summer for much of the U.S., stretching into the amusement park company’s Q2 results through elongated school calendars and shorter holiday breaks, cutting attendance and sales.
- SIX also raised admission prices this spring, which helped offset an 8% drop in attendance by enticing customers to spend more money, but the CEO insisted that it wasn't the higher prices that hurt results: “It’s primarily due to the school calendar and these weather issues, not pricing. I mean, there may be a little [pricing] element, but it’s small.”
- In support of its weather assertion, SIX notes that active pass membership grew 9%, providing recurring monthly revenue to smooth out seasonality as well as reassurance that demand for the product is strong.
SIX vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR