Mon, Apr. 27, 9:34 AM
- Goldman Sachs adjusts its rating on SeaWorld Entertainment (SEAS +4.9%) to Buy from Neutral and boosts its price target to $26 from $18.
- Trends at the beat-up theme park are finally turning around, tips GS.
- The investment firm also increased its price target on Buy-rated Cedar Fair (FUN +0.1%) to $65 from $59.
- Six Flags (SIX -1.6%) is taken down to Neutral from Buy on a valuation call following the stock's +18% YTD run.
Thu, Mar. 12, 11:35 AM
- Cedar Fair (FUN +1.9%) and Six Flags (SIX +1.6%) are higher as Disney's annual meeting puts a spotlight back on theme park pricing.
- Analysts see some room for the operators to boost prices on their end or become less promotional with Disney taking an aggressive stance.
- Shares of SeaWorld Entertainment (SEAS -0.1%) are sitting out the theme park rally.
Mon, Feb. 23, 1:24 PM
- Shares of Six Flags (SIX +1.9%), SeaWorld Entertainment (SEAS +1.1%), and Cedar Fair (FUN +2%) rally after Disney announces a price hike at its parks.
- Industry analysts think the companies will slide in with their own rate increases.
- Previously: Disney raises park ticket prices; Magic Kingdom now $105/day
Wed, Feb. 18, 5:38 PM
Wed, Feb. 18, 5:30 PM
Oct. 22, 2014, 9:38 AM
- Shares of Six Flags (SIX +9.9%) ride higher as the company successfully increases revenue on flat year-over-year attendance trends.
- Expansion is also tapped as a new contributor to top-line growth. During the firm's earnings call, the progress on new parks in China and the Middle East was highlighted.
- Execs call the international business a "significant" long term growth opportunity for Six Flags.
- Earnings call transcript
Oct. 22, 2014, 9:19 AM| 1 Comment
Oct. 21, 2014, 5:38 PM
Oct. 21, 2014, 4:39 PM| Comment!
Oct. 21, 2014, 4:33 PM
Oct. 1, 2014, 9:55 AM
- Theme park stocks slide lower than market averages after a single case of Ebola in Dallas creates a talking point.
- Plenty of traders think the dip is providing a good entry point for names in the group off what they consider undue anxiety.
- Decliners: Disney (NYSE:DIS) -1.1%, Cedar Fair (NYSE:FUN) -0.6%, Six Flags (NYSE:SIX) -0.8%, SeaWorld (NYSE:SEAS) -1.1%.
Jul. 21, 2014, 3:49 PM
- Six Flags (SIX -3.9%) shares recover some of their earlier near-10% loss after CEO Jim Reid-Anderson reiterates in SIX's earnings conference call that the harsh winter weather meant a later start to summer for much of the U.S., stretching into the amusement park company’s Q2 results through elongated school calendars and shorter holiday breaks, cutting attendance and sales.
- SIX also raised admission prices this spring, which helped offset an 8% drop in attendance by enticing customers to spend more money, but the CEO insisted that it wasn't the higher prices that hurt results: “It’s primarily due to the school calendar and these weather issues, not pricing. I mean, there may be a little [pricing] element, but it’s small.”
- In support of its weather assertion, SIX notes that active pass membership grew 9%, providing recurring monthly revenue to smooth out seasonality as well as reassurance that demand for the product is strong.
Oct. 18, 2013, 5:46 PM
Jul. 22, 2013, 8:23 AM
Apr. 19, 2013, 9:56 AMSix Flags (SIX +2.7%) trades higher after Credit Suisse initiates with an Outperform rating. "Upgraded parks, improved marketing, renewed focus on pricing, operating efficiencies, and a healthier balance sheet," are all positive factors cited in the report which also notes that SIX is "an undiscovered story." Price target: $87. | Comment!
Jul. 24, 2012, 1:15 PMShares of theme-park operator Six Flags (SIX +7.4%) ride higher as the company easily beats Q2 estimates. Total revenue rose 10% Y/Y on a surge in attendance. Spending per customer's visitor was off slightly with lower season-ticket prices cutting into per-person admission revenue, but deferred revenue rose 22% due to the efforts. The stock has been on a summer tear, gaining over 20% since early June. | Comment!
SIX vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR