Fri, May 1, 12:45 PM
Fri, May 1, 10:35 AM
- SkyWest (SKYW +10.6%) rallies following a strong Q1 profit beat.
- The company almost tripled EBITDA during the quarter with a $100M mark.
- Fuel expenses -42.2% to $27.3M.
- Total operating expenses -9.2% to $726.32M.
- Revenue per available seat mile improved 1.2% to $0.087 on a 3.3% dip in capacity.
- Load factor -70 bps to 80.2%.
- Previously: SkyWest beats by $0.21, revenue in-line (Apr. 30 2015)
Mon, Feb. 23, 3:23 PM
- Shares of SkyWest (SKYW +3.4%) hit a 52-week high to lead what has been a mixed day for airline stocks.
- SkyWest was lagging the sector this year until a Deutsche Bank upgrade gave it a jolt.
- Bulls think the carrier will see a larger impact on profitability than peers from lower fuel prices.
- Previously: SkyWest +12% after Deutsche Bank upgrade (Feb. 13)
Fri, Feb. 13, 10:08 AM| 2 Comments
Dec. 31, 2014, 10:07 AM
- Airline stocks are in rally mode again off of momentum driven by the latest slide in oil prices.
- Southwest Airlines (LUV +2.2%) is poised to end the year as the top performing stock of the S&P 500 Index with a +125% rip.
- Though jet fuel hedging strategies vary widely throughout the sector, a prolonged period of lower oil prices will allow all carriers to realize a benefit.
- Gainers: Republic Airways (NASDAQ:RJET) +4.4%, United Continental (NYSE:UAL) +2.4%, Virgin America (NASDAQ:VA) +1.9%, JetBlue (NASDAQ:JBLU) +1.8%, Alaska Air Group (NYSE:ALK) +1.7%, Allegiant Travel (NASDAQ:ALGT) +1.6%, Delta Air Lines (NYSE:DAL) +1.6%, SkyWest (NASDAQ:SKYW) +1.4%.
- Previous: Hedging strategies by airline
Oct. 29, 2014, 6:53 AM
Oct. 21, 2014, 1:12 PM
- Airline stocks are putting in another volatile day as the Ebola headlines veer toward the positive side.
- Gainers: Spirit Airlines (NASDAQ:SAVE) +5.0%, American Airlines Group (NASDAQ:AAL) +5.3%, Southwest Airlines (NYSE:LUV) +4.7%, SkyWest (NASDAQ:SKYW) +4.1%, United Continental (NYSE:UAL) +2.9%, Delta Air Lines (NYSE:DAL) +2.5%, Allegiant Travel (NASDAQ:ALGT) +1.9%, JetBlue (NASDAQ:JBLU) +2.3%, Alaska Air Group (NYSE:ALK) +1.9%.
Oct. 6, 2014, 12:38 PM
Aug. 6, 2014, 5:41 PM
Nov. 11, 2013, 5:39 PM
Aug. 13, 2013, 10:53 AM
- Airline stocks trade weaker following the aggressive move by the DOJ to block the merger of US Airways (LCC -6.4%) and American Airlines (AAMRQ.PK).
- The action indicates the sector could see trouble pulling off any other big mergers with the DOJ willing to fight to keep competition alive.
- Decliners: UAL -1.7%, SKYW -3.6%, HA -2.5%, RJET -2.9%, DAL -4.4%, SAVE -2.2%, ALK -3.9%, JBLU -2.4%.
Jun. 17, 2013, 9:22 AMParis Air Show: Embraer (ERJ +4.1%) unveils potential orders for up to 365 of its new more fuel-efficient E-Jets E2 family of aircraft, including a firm order for 100 planes from launch customer SkyWest (SKYW) (PR). The regional carrier also has options for another 100 jets, which would make the whole deal worth $9.36B at list prices. International Lease Finance (AIG) signs a letter of intent (LOI) to acquire 50 jets from Embraer and takes an option for another 50 (PR). Five undisclosed airlines sign LOIs for a further 65 E2s (PR). | Comment!
May 21, 2013, 10:42 AMShares in Embraer (ERJ +3.3%) move up after it and SkyWest (SKYW -0.4%) earlier announced a firm order for 40 Embraer 175 aircraft. Additionally, another 60 firm orders were reconfirmable aircraft, subject to SkyWest being awarded CPA agreement contracts with United Airlines. If all firm orders are exercised, the order has a current estimated value of $4.1M. | 1 Comment
Oct. 10, 2012, 3:59 PMSkyWest (SKYW -6.1%) is downgraded to Underperform by BAML on valuation concerns after shares have climbed ~60% in past three months and now trade at a substantial premium to the major U.S. airlines; yet the firm says SKYW lacks the upside earnings leverage of its partner airlines. SKYW reported September revenue passenger miles rose 1%. | Comment!
Sep. 12, 2012, 8:36 AM
Aug. 14, 2012, 2:40 PM
SKYW vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR