Tue, Aug. 11, 7:49 PM
- Silver Wheaton (NYSE:SLW) +2.3% AH after a mostly in-line Q2 earnings report, as a higher cost of sales and lower commodity prices sent profit lower by 15% Y/Y but revenues rose 10.7%.
- SLW says it tallied record totals for attributable silver equiv. production of 10.9M oz. (7.2M oz. of silver and 50.5K oz. of gold), up 29% from 8.5M oz. in Q2 2014, and silver equiv. sales volume of 10M oz. (5.6M oz. of silver and 61K oz. of gold), up 34% from 7.5M oz. in the year-ago quarter.
- SLW says its average realized sale price per silver equiv. oz. sold during Q2 fell more than 17% to $16.38.
- Says it expects federal and provincial tax of ~C$190M, resulting from Canada Revenue Agency's proposal to tax ~C$715M of income earned by the company's foreign units during 2005-10.
Tue, Aug. 11, 5:23 PM
Mon, Aug. 10, 5:35 PM
Fri, May 8, 8:45 AM
- Silver Wheaton (NYSE:SLW) flat premarket after reporting Q1 earnings and revenues that fell short of expectations, amid record attributable silver equiv. production of 10.4M oz., 15% more than in the prior-year quarter.
- Q1 silver equiv. sales volume fell 5% Y/Y to 7.7M oz., with the average realized price per silver equiv. oz. falling 17% Y/Y to $16.90 from $20.38.
- SLW's 2015 forecast includes estimated annual attributable production of 43.5M silver equiv. oz., including 230K oz. of gold; by 2019, estimated annual attributable production is expected to rise to 51M silver equiv. oz., including 325K oz. of gold.
- SLW says it raised the limit on its revolving credit facility during Q1 to $2B from $1B and used the proceeds, together with cash on hand, to repay a $1B outstanding debt on a non-revolving term loan.
Thu, May 7, 6:07 PM
Wed, Mar. 18, 6:51 PM
- Silver Wheaton (NYSE:SLW) expects 43.5M silver equivalent ounces of 2015 production, a 20% Y/Y increase. Silver production is expected to total 26.9M ounces (up from 2014's 25.7M), and gold production 230K ounces (up from 142.8K).
- The company forecasts 2019 production will total 51M silver equivalent ounces (+40% from 2014 levels), including 325K ounces of gold. Peru's Constancia mine and Brazil's Salobo mine are expected to account for much of the growth.
- Q4 silver equivalent production fell 8% Y/Y to 9M ounces (6.4M silver, 34.5K gold). However, silver equivalent sales volume rose 7% to 8.5M ounces (5.7M silver, 37.9K gold). With precious metal prices swooning, average realized sale price fell 22% to $16.43 - silver was at $16.46/oz., and gold at $1,213/oz.
- On a silver equivalent basis, average cash costs fell $0.19 Y/Y to $4.51/oz. - silver was at $4.13, and gold at $391. Op. cash flow fell 27% to $94.1M.
- SLW -1.1% AH to $18.81.
- Q4 results, dividend cut, PR
Wed, Mar. 18, 5:06 PM
Tue, Mar. 17, 5:35 PM
Nov. 12, 2014, 6:32 AM
Nov. 11, 2014, 5:30 PM
Aug. 14, 2014, 2:16 PM
- Silver Wheaton (SLW -5.3%) and Pan American Silver (PAAS -5.3%) are both sharply lower as low silver prices combined with still-high costs combine to weigh on Q2 results.
- SLW said its silver equiv. realized price fell from $23.05/oz. a year ago to $19.83 in this year's Q2; gold sales accounted for ~30% of sales, and SLW’s realized gold price of $1,295/oz. was included in a 14% drop in the silver equiv. price.
- In Q2 results for PAAS, the average realized price for silver was $19.58/oz., down from $22.68 in the year-ago quarter; gold, which accounts for ~25% of sales, also suffered, fetching $1,289/oz.vs. $1,423 a year ago.
- ETFs: AGQ, USLV, ZSL, DSLV, DBS, USV
Aug. 13, 2014, 5:49 PM
- Silver Wheaton (NYSE:SLW) -1.7% AH after Q2 earnings miss expectations, and revenues tumble 11% Y/Y and finish shy of analyst consensus.
- Q2 attributable silver equiv. production totaled 8.4M oz. (6.3M oz. of silver, 31.4K oz. of gold), down 4% from the year-ago quarter.
- Payable silver equiv. oz. produced but not yet delivered to SLW by its partners fell slightly to ~6.3M oz. at June 30.
- Average realized sale price per silver equiv. oz. sold in Q2 was $19.83 ($19.81/oz. of silver, $1,295/oz.of gold), down 14% Y/Y.
- Operating cash flows of $102.5M fell 18% Y/Y; operating margin was $15.11/ silver equiv. oz. from $18.28 in Q2 2013.
- Q2 average cash costs were $4.15 and $393 per oz. of silver and gold, respectively; on a silver equivalent basis, average cash costs fell to $4.72 vs. $4.77 in the year-ago quarter.
Aug. 13, 2014, 5:10 PM
Aug. 12, 2014, 5:35 PM
May 8, 2014, 5:12 PM
Mar. 20, 2014, 5:25 PM
SLW vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR