Wed, Mar. 18, 6:51 PM
- Silver Wheaton (NYSE:SLW) expects 43.5M silver equivalent ounces of 2015 production, a 20% Y/Y increase. Silver production is expected to total 26.9M ounces (up from 2014's 25.7M), and gold production 230K ounces (up from 142.8K).
- The company forecasts 2019 production will total 51M silver equivalent ounces (+40% from 2014 levels), including 325K ounces of gold. Peru's Constancia mine and Brazil's Salobo mine are expected to account for much of the growth.
- Q4 silver equivalent production fell 8% Y/Y to 9M ounces (6.4M silver, 34.5K gold). However, silver equivalent sales volume rose 7% to 8.5M ounces (5.7M silver, 37.9K gold). With precious metal prices swooning, average realized sale price fell 22% to $16.43 - silver was at $16.46/oz., and gold at $1,213/oz.
- On a silver equivalent basis, average cash costs fell $0.19 Y/Y to $4.51/oz. - silver was at $4.13, and gold at $391. Op. cash flow fell 27% to $94.1M.
- SLW -1.1% AH to $18.81.
- Q4 results, dividend cut, PR
Wed, Mar. 18, 5:06 PM
Tue, Mar. 17, 5:35 PM
Nov. 12, 2014, 6:32 AM
Nov. 11, 2014, 5:30 PM
Aug. 14, 2014, 2:16 PM
- Silver Wheaton (SLW -5.3%) and Pan American Silver (PAAS -5.3%) are both sharply lower as low silver prices combined with still-high costs combine to weigh on Q2 results.
- SLW said its silver equiv. realized price fell from $23.05/oz. a year ago to $19.83 in this year's Q2; gold sales accounted for ~30% of sales, and SLW’s realized gold price of $1,295/oz. was included in a 14% drop in the silver equiv. price.
- In Q2 results for PAAS, the average realized price for silver was $19.58/oz., down from $22.68 in the year-ago quarter; gold, which accounts for ~25% of sales, also suffered, fetching $1,289/oz.vs. $1,423 a year ago.
- ETFs: AGQ, USLV, ZSL, DSLV, DBS, USV
Aug. 13, 2014, 5:49 PM
- Silver Wheaton (NYSE:SLW) -1.7% AH after Q2 earnings miss expectations, and revenues tumble 11% Y/Y and finish shy of analyst consensus.
- Q2 attributable silver equiv. production totaled 8.4M oz. (6.3M oz. of silver, 31.4K oz. of gold), down 4% from the year-ago quarter.
- Payable silver equiv. oz. produced but not yet delivered to SLW by its partners fell slightly to ~6.3M oz. at June 30.
- Average realized sale price per silver equiv. oz. sold in Q2 was $19.83 ($19.81/oz. of silver, $1,295/oz.of gold), down 14% Y/Y.
- Operating cash flows of $102.5M fell 18% Y/Y; operating margin was $15.11/ silver equiv. oz. from $18.28 in Q2 2013.
- Q2 average cash costs were $4.15 and $393 per oz. of silver and gold, respectively; on a silver equivalent basis, average cash costs fell to $4.72 vs. $4.77 in the year-ago quarter.
Aug. 13, 2014, 5:10 PM
Aug. 12, 2014, 5:35 PM
May. 8, 2014, 5:12 PM
Mar. 20, 2014, 5:25 PM
Mar. 20, 2014, 12:10 AM
Mar. 19, 2014, 5:35 PM
Nov. 11, 2013, 8:24 AM
- Silver Wheaton (SLW) reported record Q3 attributable silver equiv. production of 8.9M oz. vs. 7.6M oz. in the year-ago quarter, up 17% Y/Y; average realized sale price per silver equiv. oz. was $21.26 vs $31.36 a year ago. (Q3 earnings)
- Q3 total revenues rose 3.2% Y/Y to $166.4M but missed consensus by ~$21M, due largely to the 32% drop in the average realized silver equiv. price.
- Average cash costs were $4.73 per silver equiv. oz. vs. $4.16 a year ago, primarily due to an increase in gold sales (35.3K oz. in Q3 2013 vs. 6.9K oz. in Q3 2012) associated with Hudbay's 777 mine and Vale's Sudbury and Salobo mines; the average cash cost per gold oz. was $386, or $6.30 per silver equiv. oz., reducing margins 39% Y/Y.
- Shares -0.4% premarket.
- ETFs: SIL, SLVP, SLV, AGQ, SIVR, ZSL, USLV, DBS, DSLV, SLVO, USV
Nov. 11, 2013, 6:32 AM
Nov. 11, 2013, 12:05 AM
SLW vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR