Tue, Apr. 21, 4:09 PM
Mon, Apr. 20, 5:35 PM
Tue, Jan. 20, 6:55 PM
- Super Micro (NASDAQ:SMCI) expects FQ3 revenue of $450M-$500M and EPS of $0.46-$0.52. The former is mostly above a $457.8M consensus, and the latter entirely above a $0.43 consensus.
- FQ2 gross margin rose 110 bps Q/Q and 130 bps Y/Y to 16.8%. GAAP opex rose 19% Y/Y to $41.6M (compares with revenue growth of 41%). One customer made up over 10% of sales.
- SMCI +1.5% AH. Some good news has been priced in since the server vendor posted an FQ1 beat three months ago.
- FQ2 results, PR.
Tue, Jan. 20, 4:09 PM| 1 Comment
Mon, Jan. 19, 5:35 PM
Oct. 22, 2014, 12:09 PM
- In addition to beating FQ1 estimates, Super Micro (SMCI +12.3%) has guided for FQ2 revenue of $440M-$480M and EPS of $0.44-$0.50, largely above a consensus of $449.4M and $0.44.
- Sales of value-added "server solutions," which include systems based on Super Micro's storage, HPC accelerator, network switch, Twin rack-mounted server, and MicroCloud modular server offerings accounted for 57.7% of revenue, up from 55.2% in FQ4 and 46.4% a year ago.
- Gross margin rose 10 bps Q/Q and 50 bps Y/Y to 15.7%. GAAP opex rose 8% Y/Y to $37.6M (much less than rev. growth of 43%).
- On the CC (transcript), the company noted cloud and Internet data center sales made up 13.7% of revenue, down from 17.8% in FQ4 and up from 8.3% a year ago.
- FQ1 results, PR
Oct. 21, 2014, 4:36 PM| 2 Comments
Oct. 20, 2014, 5:35 PM
Aug. 5, 2014, 4:38 PM| 1 Comment
Apr. 22, 2014, 4:21 PM| 1 Comment
Apr. 22, 2014, 12:10 AM
Apr. 21, 2014, 5:35 PM
Jan. 21, 2014, 5:09 PM
- Shares of Super Micro Computer (SMCI) spike 14.3% AH following an across-the-board FQ2 beat and strong FQ3 guidance.
- Gross margin during the quarter expanded 170 bp Y/Y and 40 bp Q/Q to 15.5%.
- Management expects FQ3 EPS of $0.24-$0.30 (vs. analyst consensus of $0.25) on revenue of $320M-$350M (well above the consensus of $317.4M). CEO Charles Liang expects "strong growth" in CY2014 with the upcoming launches of the TwinPro series with SAS 3 and NVMe.
- PR, Conference call at 5pm ET
Jan. 21, 2014, 4:14 PM| 1 Comment
Oct. 22, 2013, 5:25 PM
- Super Micro Computer (SMCI) revenue was up 14.2% Y/Y but down 4.1% sequentially to $309M in FQ1.
- Gross margin of 15.1% was up from 14.3% in the previous quarter and from 12.9% in FQ1 2012.
- Management guided for revenue of $320M-$350M (vs. consensus of $332.9M) in FQ2 and EPS of $0.25-$0.31 ($0.30).
- CEO Charles Liang: "Our FatTwin and MicroCloud solutions for data centers were in strong demand and our GPU, Xeon Phi and storage solutions continue to outperform the industry ... [W]e are again first to market with the broadest array of new Ivy Bridge solutions in the industry and we will use this position together with our global foundation to take full advantage of the market share opportunities."
- PR, results, conference call at 5pm ET
Oct. 22, 2013, 4:48 PM| Comment!
SMCI vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR