Yesterday, 5:10 PM
- In addition to trouncing FQ4 revenue estimates (and slightly beating on EPS), Super Micro (NASDAQ:SMCI) is guiding for FQ1 revenue of $520M-$580M, mostly above a $524.7M consensus. EPS guidance of $0.49-$0.59 is in-line with a $0.56 consensus, and below at the midpoint.
- Super Micro notes sales of its dense/low-power FatTwin modular servers were a strong point in Q2, rising over 100% Y/Y. Storage (+79%) was also a growth driver, as were sales of the company's recently-launched MicroBlade servers.
- Weighing on EPS: Gross margin (non-GAAP) fell 60 bps Q/Q to 15.7% (it was up 10 bps Y/Y). GAAP operating expenses rose 22% Y/Y to $49.9M. Super Micro states it's in the midst of a 30% capacity expansion for its San Jose and European manufacturing ops.
- Shares have risen to $27.15 AH.
- FQ4 results, PR
Yesterday, 4:19 PM
Tue, Apr. 21, 4:09 PM
Mon, Apr. 20, 5:35 PM
Tue, Jan. 20, 6:55 PM
- Super Micro (NASDAQ:SMCI) expects FQ3 revenue of $450M-$500M and EPS of $0.46-$0.52. The former is mostly above a $457.8M consensus, and the latter entirely above a $0.43 consensus.
- FQ2 gross margin rose 110 bps Q/Q and 130 bps Y/Y to 16.8%. GAAP opex rose 19% Y/Y to $41.6M (compares with revenue growth of 41%). One customer made up over 10% of sales.
- SMCI +1.5% AH. Some good news has been priced in since the server vendor posted an FQ1 beat three months ago.
- FQ2 results, PR.
Tue, Jan. 20, 4:09 PM
Mon, Jan. 19, 5:35 PM
Oct. 22, 2014, 12:09 PM
- In addition to beating FQ1 estimates, Super Micro (SMCI +12.3%) has guided for FQ2 revenue of $440M-$480M and EPS of $0.44-$0.50, largely above a consensus of $449.4M and $0.44.
- Sales of value-added "server solutions," which include systems based on Super Micro's storage, HPC accelerator, network switch, Twin rack-mounted server, and MicroCloud modular server offerings accounted for 57.7% of revenue, up from 55.2% in FQ4 and 46.4% a year ago.
- Gross margin rose 10 bps Q/Q and 50 bps Y/Y to 15.7%. GAAP opex rose 8% Y/Y to $37.6M (much less than rev. growth of 43%).
- On the CC (transcript), the company noted cloud and Internet data center sales made up 13.7% of revenue, down from 17.8% in FQ4 and up from 8.3% a year ago.
- FQ1 results, PR
Oct. 21, 2014, 4:36 PM
Oct. 20, 2014, 5:35 PM
Aug. 5, 2014, 4:38 PM
Apr. 22, 2014, 4:21 PM
Apr. 22, 2014, 12:10 AM
Apr. 21, 2014, 5:35 PM
Jan. 21, 2014, 5:09 PM
- Shares of Super Micro Computer (SMCI) spike 14.3% AH following an across-the-board FQ2 beat and strong FQ3 guidance.
- Gross margin during the quarter expanded 170 bp Y/Y and 40 bp Q/Q to 15.5%.
- Management expects FQ3 EPS of $0.24-$0.30 (vs. analyst consensus of $0.25) on revenue of $320M-$350M (well above the consensus of $317.4M). CEO Charles Liang expects "strong growth" in CY2014 with the upcoming launches of the TwinPro series with SAS 3 and NVMe.
- PR, Conference call at 5pm ET
Jan. 21, 2014, 4:14 PM
SMCI vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR