Tue, Jan. 20, 4:09 PM| 1 Comment
Oct. 22, 2014, 12:09 PM
- In addition to beating FQ1 estimates, Super Micro (SMCI +12.3%) has guided for FQ2 revenue of $440M-$480M and EPS of $0.44-$0.50, largely above a consensus of $449.4M and $0.44.
- Sales of value-added "server solutions," which include systems based on Super Micro's storage, HPC accelerator, network switch, Twin rack-mounted server, and MicroCloud modular server offerings accounted for 57.7% of revenue, up from 55.2% in FQ4 and 46.4% a year ago.
- Gross margin rose 10 bps Q/Q and 50 bps Y/Y to 15.7%. GAAP opex rose 8% Y/Y to $37.6M (much less than rev. growth of 43%).
- On the CC (transcript), the company noted cloud and Internet data center sales made up 13.7% of revenue, down from 17.8% in FQ4 and up from 8.3% a year ago.
- FQ1 results, PR
Oct. 21, 2014, 4:36 PM| 2 Comments
Sep. 29, 2014, 12:02 PM
- Roth has launched coverage on Super Micro (SMCI +2.3%) with a Buy and $35 target.
- The server vendor is within striking distance of an all-time high of $29.65 (set on Sep. 18). It has bucked a weak server market by rapidly growing sales to Web data centers (+150% Y/Y in the June quarter, and 17.8% of revenue).
Aug. 5, 2014, 4:38 PM| 1 Comment
Jun. 9, 2014, 5:51 PM
May. 16, 2014, 5:37 PM
May. 16, 2014, 11:11 AM
- Following an encouraging talk with CFO Howard Hideshima, Sifel has upgraded Super Micro (SMCI +6.1%) to Buy, and set a $23 PT.
- Super Micro's shares took off last month in response to a strong FQ3 beat and healthy FQ4 guidance. The company has been bucking weak server industry demand in part by ramping sales of modular/rack-optimized servers for Internet data centers (growing quickly as a % of industry revenue).
Apr. 22, 2014, 5:40 PM
Jan. 22, 2014, 12:47 PM
Jan. 21, 2014, 5:46 PM
Jan. 21, 2014, 4:14 PM| 1 Comment
Oct. 16, 2013, 9:56 AM
- Intel (INTC +0.3%) has been upgraded to Buy by B. Riley following its Q3 beat and light Q4 revenue guidance.
- Yahoo (YHOO +1.7%) has received a two-notch upgrade to Outperform from CLSA after it posted mixed Q3 results and soft Q4 guidance, but also strong Q2 numbers for Alibaba.
- Cisco (CSCO +0.4%) has been cut to Neutral, and Juniper (JNPR +3.6%) upgraded to Buy, by MKM. Juniper reports on Oct. 22.
- Netflix (NFLX -0.2%) has been cut to Hold by Hudson Square ahead of its Oct. 21 Q3 report.
- Vimpelcom (VIP +3.9%) has been upgraded to Overweight by Morgan Stanley.
- BT (BT +1.7%) has been upgraded to Conviction Buy by Goldman.
- CyrusOne (CONE +2.7%) has been upgraded to Buy by BofA/Merrill. However, the firm is maintaining its $23 PT.
- Ultimate Software (ULTI +1.6%) has been upgraded to Overweight by Evercore.
- Ellie Mae (ELLI -6.5%) has been cut to Market Perform by JMP.
- Super Micro (SMCI -2.7%) has been cut to Hold by Stifel.
Aug. 7, 2013, 1:11 PM
Jan. 23, 2013, 12:45 PM
Apr. 24, 2012, 6:06 PM
SMCI vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR