Quote & Headlines
5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
There are no Focus articles on SMLV.
To learn more about Seeking Alpha PRO, click here.
There are no Transcripts on SMLV.
There are no News articles on SMLV.
SMLV vs. ETF Alternatives
The SPDR Russell 2000® Low Volatility ETF (the "Fund") seeks to provide investment results that, before fees and expenses, correspond generally to the total return performance of an index that tracks the performance of the U.S. small capitalization low volatility market.
See more details on sponsor's website
See more details on sponsor's website
Country: United States
- In Your Portfolio: Core Building Blocks: A Guide to ETFs That Divide the U.S. Stock Market by Market Cap, A Guide to Strategy ETFs
- Asset Class Performance: Strategies, Market Cap
Wednesday, Oct 302:31 PMFed statement a good excuse to take profits
Wednesday, Oct 302:31 PM| 3 Comments
- Check that. Far from little-changed, traders use some real or imagined hint from the Fed statement to take a break from buying low and selling high, with the S&P 500 (SPY -0.7%) diving nearly 1% in a matter of minutes.
- Perhaps at work here - and we're grasping at straws - is the removal from the statement of a line expressing concern about tightening financial conditions.
- The Dow (DIA -0.6%), Nasdaq 100 (QQQ -0.4%), and Russell 2000 (IWM -1.5%).
- Index ETFs: IVV, SPY, VOO, RWL, SFLA, SSO, UPRO, SDS, SPXU, SH, EPS, RSP, BXUB, BXUC, BXDB, DIA, DDM, UDOW, DXD, SDOW, DOG, QQQ, QQEW, TQQQ, QID, SQQQ, PSQ, QLD, QQQE, IWM, VTWO, EWRS, SRTY, TWM, RWM, TNA, URTY, UWM, TZA, SMLV, TWOK.
Sunday, Sep 298:28 PMFutures slide amid gov't shutdown worry
Sunday, Sep 298:28 PM| 17 Comments
- S&P 500 (SPY) futures -0.8% on mounting concerns of a partial U.S. government shutdown after the House voted to tie federal government funding to a halt on key provisions of Obamacare. Adding to worries is what may be the imminent collapse of the Italian government.
- DJIA (DIA) futures -0.7%, Nasdaq 100 (QQQ) -0.6%, Russell 2000 (IWM) -0.9%. Italian FTSE MIB futures (EWI) -1.2%.
- Japan's Nikkei is off 2% in the early going and Australia's ASX 200 is down 1%.
- Gold's little-changed and WTI crude oil is down 1.1% to $101.72.
- U.S. stock index ETFs: IVV, SPY, VOO, RWL, SFLA, SSO, UPRO, SDS, SPXU, SH, EPS, RSP, BXUB, BXUC, BXDB, DIA, DDM, UDOW, DXD, SDOW, DOG, QQQ, QQEW, TQQQ, QID, SQQQ, PSQ, QLD, QQQE, IWM, VTWO, EWRS, SRTY, TWM, RWM, TNA, URTY, UWM, TZA, SMLV, TWOK.
- Japan ETFs: EWJ, NKY, EWV, EZJ, ITF, JSC, JPP, DXJ, SCJ, DFJ, FJP, JPNL, JPNS, DXJS, JGBT, JGBL, JGBS, JGBD.
- Australia: EWA, EWAS, KROO, AUSE, FAUS, AUD, AUNZ, FXA, GDAY, CROC.
Sunday, Sep 158:37 PMStock futures soar as Summers pulls out of running for Fed chief
Sunday, Sep 158:37 PM| 15 Comments
- S&P 500 (SPY) futures +1.1% following Larry Summers pulling out of the race to be Fed chief. Nasdaq 100 (QQQ) and DJIA (DIA) +1%.
- 10-year Treasury futures are up nearly a full point, translating into about a 10 basis point dip in the 10-year Treasury yield, which closed Friday at 2.88%.
- Eurodollar futures are partying, the December 2016 contract up a full 17 basis points - in other words, nearly one 25 basis point Fed rate hike has been erased on the Summers news. Still, at 97.33, the Dec. 2016 contract is pricing in nearly 250 bps in hikes between now and then. The Eurodollar market has always been a great repository of market angst, and to say the taper and Summers were making players nervous would be putting it mildly.
- The greenback is lower across the board, down about half a percent vs. the euro (FXE), pound (FXB), yen (FXY), swissie (FXF), and loonie (FXC), and off a full percent vs. the aussie (FXA).
- Precious metals are on the move as well, gold +1.7% to $1,330 per ounce, and silver +2.5% to $22.25.
- Stock index ETFs: IVV, SPY, VOO, RWL, SFLA, SSO, UPRO, SDS, SPXU, SH, EPS, RSP, BXUB, BXUC, BXDB, DIA, DDM, UDOW, DXD, SDOW, DOG, IWM, VTWO, EWRS, SRTY, TWM, RWM, TNA, URTY, UWM, TZA, SMLV, TWOK.
- Long-dated Treasury ETFs: TLH, TLT, IEF, DTYL, DLBL, ILTB, TENZ, ITE, TLO, EDV, VGIT, VGLT, TMF, TYD, LBND, UBT, UST, TMV, TYO, DSTJ, DSXJ, SBND, PST, TBT, DTYS, DLBS, TBF, TTT, TYNS, TYBS, TBX.
- Dollar ETFs: UUP, UUPT, UDN, UDNT.
- Short-duration Treasury ETFs: SHY, SHV, IEI, BIL, TUZ, FIVZ, DTUL, VGSH, DTUS, DFVS, DFVL, SST, ISTB, TBZ.
- Related currency ETFs: ERO, ULE, URR, EUO, DRR, EUFX, GBB, YCL, YCS, JYN.
- Precious metals ETFs: GLD, IAU, SGOL, PHYS, AGOL, DGL, UBG, DGP, UGL, DZZ, GLL, DGZ, UGLD, DGLD, GLDI, SLV, SIVR, AGQ, DBS, USV, ZSL, USLV, DSLV, SLVO.