Wed, Feb. 4, 11:03 AM| 1 Comment
Mon, Jan. 12, 9:05 AM
Dec. 23, 2014, 8:39 AM
- The agreement with CNL Lifestyle Properties is for 38 senior living communities with 3,466 living units, including 826 independent living units, 1,860 assisted living units, 744 memory care units, and 36 skilled nursing beds. In the past, roughly 95% of revenues have come from residents' private resources.
- The cap rate is expected to be in excess of 7%, and the deal should close in Q2. Alongside this agreement, SNH has received a bridge loan commitment from Wells Fargo for $700M - that, the assumption of a $153M mortgage, and SNH's $750M revolver should be plenty of liquidity to close both this deal and another previously announced purchase for $539M.
- Source: Press Release
Nov. 3, 2014, 9:35 AM
- Q3 normalized FFO of $89.6M or $0.44 per share vs. $78.8M and $0.42 one year ago. Share count of 203.8M vs. 188.1M.
- 42.1% of NOI came from 98 MOB's with 9.1M square feet. Occupancy of 95.6% flat from Q2, up 60 bps from a year ago. Same-property cash basis NOI up 2.6% for quarter.
- 41.1% of NOI came from triple net leased senior living communities with 24,383 living units. Occupancy of 85.2% up 10 bps Y/Y. Same-property occupancy of 85.2% down 40 bps. Same-property NOI up 2.3% for the quarter.
- 13.4% f NOI came from 44 managed senior living communities with 7.051 units. Same-property NOI flat Y/Y.
- Conference call at 1 ET
- Previously: Senior Housing Properties Trust misses by $0.01, misses on revenue
- SNH +0.6%
Nov. 3, 2014, 8:02 AM
Nov. 2, 2014, 5:30 PM
Oct. 13, 2014, 4:19 PM
- Both equity and mortgage REITs saw plenty of buying as nearly all of the rest of the market was lit up bright red, and Treasury ETFs signaled a sharp drop in yields when government bonds reopen for trade tomorrow (closed this session for Columbus Day).
- A sampling of equity names: Senior Housing Properties (SNH +1.2%), Medical Properties Trust (MPW +1.4%), Gramercy Property Trust (GPT +1.7%), Equity Residential (EQR +0.7%), Inland Real Estate (IRC +0.9%), Sovran Self Storage (SSS +1.1%), Highwoods Properties Trust (HIW +1%).
- One equity REIT sector in the red along with the rest of the market is lodging amid worsening Ebola fears: Ashford Hospitality Trust (AHT -2.9%), Sunshine Hotel Investors (SHO -1.4%), LaSalle Hotel Properties (LHO -1.5%), Summit Hotel Properties (INN -1.5%).
- Mortgage REITs: American Capital Agency (AGNC +1.4%), CYS Investments (CYS +2.2%), Invesco (IVR +1.1%), American Capital Mortgage (MTGE +1.5%), Western Asset (WMC +1.1%).
- ETFs: IYR, VNQ, REM, MORL, MORT, DRN, URE, REZ, SRS, RWR, SCHH, ICF, ROOF, DRV, KBWY, RTL, REK, FRI, FTY, PSR, IFNA, FNIO, WREI
Oct. 2, 2014, 4:07 PM
Sep. 2, 2014, 7:48 AM
- In connection with Select Income REITs (NYSE:SIR) $3.1B purchase of Cole Corporate Income Trust, the company is offloading the healthcare properties in CCIT's portfolio (23) to Senior Housing Properties Trust (NYSE:SNH) for $539M.
- The properties to be purchased by SNH are 100% occupied with average term of 9.5 years. Seventy-two percent of rents are payable by investment grade tenants. The GAAP cap rate is about 6.4%.
- After the sale of the healthcare assets to SNH, Select will be adding 64 office and industrial properties to its portfolio. The company expects - following closing of the purchase in early 2015 - to boost its quarterly dividend by $0.02 to $0.50 per share.
- Previously: American Realty's CCIT to be sold to Select Income REIT
Aug. 4, 2014, 8:20 AM
- Normalized FFO of $86.6M or $0.43 per share vs. $79,1M and $0.42 a year ago.
- 43.5% of NOI came from 218 triple-net-leased senior living communities. Occupancy of 85.2% falls 40 bps from a year ago. Same-property NOI increased 2.2%.
- 14.5% of NOI came from 44 managed senior living communities. Occupancy of 88.5% up from 87.4%. Same-property NOI increased 6.4%.
- 38.5% of NOI came from 98 MOBs with 9.1M square feet. Leasing rate of 95.6% up from 94.1% a year ago. Same-property cash basis NOI up 1.3%.
- Conference call at 1 ET
- SNH flat premarket
Aug. 4, 2014, 8:03 AM
Aug. 3, 2014, 5:30 PM
Jul. 7, 2014, 5:44 PM
Jul. 2, 2014, 7:22 AM
- Citing a preference for more economically-sensitive REIT sectors, Goldman downgrades the Healthcare REIT sector to Neutral from Attractive. Alongside the sector cut, the team downgrades Omega Healthcare Investors (OHI) to Neutral. It's off 1% premarket.
- Among the other names in the sector: HCN, HCP, MPW, HTA, SNH, VTR, LTC, AVIV.
May 30, 2014, 4:05 PM
May 2, 2014, 8:13 AM
- Normalized FFO of $80.1M or $0.43 per share vs. $79M and $0.43 a year ago. Dividend is $0.39 per share.
- SNH acquired one property in April for $32.7M, and has another under agreement for purchase price of about $1.125B. Continuing to move away from reliance on government programs, company has nine properties on the market - the majority of their revenues come from Medicare, Medicaid, and related.
- CC at 1 ET
- Source: Press Release
- Previously: Senior Housing Properties Trust FFO in-line, misses on revenue
SNH vs. ETF Alternatives
Senior Housing Properties Trust is a real estate investment trust. It owns and operates independent living and assisted living communities, continuing care retirement communities, nursing homes, wellness centers.
Other News & PR