5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
Senior Housing Properties Trust Announces Underwriters' Exercise of Option to Purchase Additional SharesBusiness Wire (Thu, 5:49PM)
Business Wire (Thu, 9:08AM)
Business Wire (Wed, 4:05PM)
Business Wire (Apr 2, 2014)
Business Wire (Feb 28, 2014)
Business Wire (Feb 26, 2014)
Senior Housing Properties Trust Fourth Quarter Conference Call Scheduled for Wednesday, February 26thBusiness Wire (Feb 19, 2014)
Business Wire (Jan 17, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Mar 14, 2011)
at CNBC.com (Feb 28, 2011)
SNH vs. ETF Alternatives
Senior Housing Properties Trust is a real estate investment trust. It owns and operates independent living and assisted living communities, continuing care retirement communities, nursing homes, wellness centers.
Monday, Oct 282013, 5:30 PM
Monday, Oct 282013, 5:30 PM| Comment!
- ACI, ACT, AET, AGCO, AGN, ALLT, ALR, AME, AMTD, APD, BP, CIE, CMI, CRS, CRY, CVLT, CYNO, DAN, DDD, DIN, ECL, ETR, EXAS, FDP, FIS, FLWS, GOV, GT, HCP, HRS, HUN, ICON, IIVI, IVR, JBLU, JCI, LLL, LYB, MDC, MSO, MWV, NGD, NOK, OXY, PAG, PBI, PCAR, PFE, RTIX, SCHN, SNH, ST, SUI, TECH, TRI, TRW, TWI, UBS, UDR, UTHR, VLO, VSH, WM, X, XRAY, XYL
Tuesday, Oct 152013, 10:50 AM
Tuesday, Oct 152013, 10:50 AM| Comment!
- The acquisition pipeline of health care REITs will be a spot of focus for Q3 results, says Stifel, as competition from nontraded REITs and private equity could dig into their ability to make accretive investments in recent months. The problem, says the team, is financing costs have risen, but cap rates "have proven to be sticky," in part because of more buyers willing to pay up for properties. "There's a few of them, and certainly the public companies, uniformly, are grumbling about them."
- As opposed to the public companies which don't always have fresh capital to invest, nontraded REITs get money coming in the door at any time and need to quickly invest it - they have an imperative to buy.
- Worth keeping an eye on: SNH, OHI, HCP, MPW, HTA, VTR, HCN.
Thursday, Oct 32013, 11:56 PM|Thursday, Oct 32013, 11:56 PM| 1 Comment
Monday, Sep 232013, 8:38 AM
Monday, Sep 232013, 8:38 AM| Comment!
- Similar to what was just announced regarding Commonwealth REIT, Government Properties Income Trust (GOV) and Senior Housing Properties Trust (SNH) win restructured management agreements with RMR which more closely aligns the interests of RMR with those of the GOV and SNH shareholders.
- Beginning in 2014, RMR's pay will be the lower of 0.5% of the value of the assets in each of the company's or the companies' market caps. Also, 10% of the base management fee will be paid in stock, rather than cash. Incentive fees will be based on total returns to shareholders, rather than increases in FFO.
- Annual elections of board members will be recommended, and the expiration of SNH's poison pill will be accelerated (currently set to expire in April 2014).
- GOV press release; SNH press release.
Friday, Sep 202013, 7:30 AM
Friday, Sep 202013, 7:30 AM| Comment!
- Senior Housing Properties Trust (SNH) agrees to sell two rehabilitation hospitals to a JV for $90M. SNH expects to realize of $30M gain once the sale is closed.
- Both hospitals - based in Massachusetts - acquire the majority of their revenue from Medicare, and the sale is consistent with SNH"s decade-long focus on cutting its exposure to government-funded programs. After the sale - which will cut SNH's rent roll by $9.5M per year - only 2% of SNH's total revenues will be from facilities where Medicare and Medicaid represent the majority of revenue.
- The sale is expected to close in mid-2014.
- Press release.
Tuesday, Sep 102013, 8:06 AM
Tuesday, Sep 102013, 8:06 AM| Comment!
- Janney's initiation of Realty Income (O) with a Buy is part of a broad call on the equity REIT sector in which the team sees O as the outperformer.
- Medical Properties Trust (MPW), Senior Housing Properties Trust (SNH), and Omega Healthcare (OHI) are all initiated with Holds. The entire group has suffered as rates have shot higher - all are down 20-30% over the last four months.
Monday, Sep 92013, 10:56 AM|Monday, Sep 92013, 10:56 AM| Comment!
Friday, Aug 302013, 2:45 PM
Friday, Aug 302013, 2:45 PM| 1 Comment
- The tumble in HCP since mid-May is unjustified, says Argus, especially in light of strong Q2 results.
- The company missed expectations on the July 30 report, but upped guidance. Cautious management comments on the earnings call likely didn't help.
- HCP has notably underperformed others in the sector like HCN, BKD, OHI, SNH, and MPW over the last year, though all have taken a sizable hit since mid-May.
Wednesday, Jul 312013, 10:39 AM
Wednesday, Jul 312013, 10:39 AM| Comment!
- HCP (HCP -2.2%) slips for a 2nd day despite upping guidance in its earnings report as dour earnings call (transcript) comments from CEO Jay Flaherty are digested
- The "pause" button for deals was hit by Bernanke's post-FOMC June comments and the subsequent fixed-income turbulence, says Flaherty, and it remains to be seen how quickly things start moving again.
- Funding costs have gone up, but sellers' expectations of what their properties are worth haven't changed - not a good combination for getting business done.
- Others of note: Senior Housing Properties (SNH -2.2%), Medical Properties Trust (MPW -1.8%), Omega Healthcare (OHI -1.5%).
Tuesday, Jul 302013, 10:51 AM
Tuesday, Jul 302013, 10:51 AM| Comment!
- Senior Housing Properties (SNH -1.6%) normalized FFO of $0.42 per share is off from $0.45 a year ago (share count rose to 188.1M from 162.7M)
- Terminated agreement to buy a MOB in Cherry Hill, NJ for $21.5M after due diligence
- 5 other properties with combined purchase price of $100.6M are under contract
- 11 properties with 856 living units are up for sale
- Previous: Earnings report
- Details: Earnings press release
Tuesday, Jul 302013, 7:08 AM
Tuesday, Jul 302013, 12:05 AM
Tuesday, Jul 302013, 12:05 AM| Comment!
- ACI, ADS, AET, ARQL, AUDC, BLC, BP, BYD, CIE, CMI, COH, CVLT, DB, DDD, DIN, DISCA, DSX, ECL, ESV, ETR, EZPW, FIS, GLW, GNRC, GT, GTI, GTLS, HCP, HEP, HRS, HW, IPGP, JBLU, KLIC, MCGC, MDC, MLM, MRK, MSO, MWV, NEE, NLSN, NOV, NTLS, NYX, ODP, OSK, OXY, PBI, PEG, PES, PFE, ROK, S, SAN, SNH, TRI, TRW, UBS, UDR, VSH, WLK, WM, WU, XYL
Monday, Jul 292013, 5:30 PM
Monday, Jul 292013, 5:30 PM| Comment!
- ACI, ADS, AET, ARQL, AUDC, BLC, BP, BYD, CIE, CMI, COH, CVLT, DB, DDD,DIN, DISCA, DSX, ECL, ESV, ETR, EZPW, FIS, GLW, GNRC, GT, GTI, GTLS, HCP, HEP, HRS, HW, IPGP, JBLU, KLIC, MCGC, MDC, MLM, MRK, MSO, MWV, NEE, NLSN,NOV, NTLS, NYX, ODP, OSK, OXY, PBI, PEG, PES, PFE, ROK, S, SAN,SNH, TRI, TRW, UBS, UDR, VSH, WLK, WM, WU, X, XYL
Wednesday, Jul 242013, 3:25 PMHealth-care REITs are "squarely in the cross-hairs" of higher rates thanks to their long-term leases and high dividend yields, says Jefferies. Also, acquisitions have been "conspicuously missing" this year. If rising rates further temper deals over the next year, it's another negative as these have been an important source of earnings growth. Some of note: Ventas (VTR -3.5%), HCP (HCP -3%), Healthcare Trust (HTA -1.4%), Senior Housing (SNH -2.3%), Omega Healthcare (OHI -3.4%), Healthcare Realty (HR -0.5%), Medical Properties (MPW -3.4%), National Health (NHI -2.4%), Aviv (AVIV -1.7%), Sabra (SBRA -5.3%), and LTC (LTC -2.5%). |Wednesday, Jul 242013, 3:25 PM| 5 Comments
Wednesday, Jun 122013, 3:30 PMRenewed selling also hits equity REITs, with the Vanguard REIT ETF (VNQ -1.3%) just holding onto gains YTD; the iShares Real Estate ETF (IYR -1.4%). Among individual stocks, Realty Income (O -1.6%) is off 22% in 3 weeks; Senior Housing (SNH -2.3%), Digital Realty (DLR -4%) American Capital Realty (ARCP -2.1%), Omega Healthcare (OHI -1.7%). Among the best performers is HCP, Inc. (HCP -0.9%). |Wednesday, Jun 122013, 3:30 PM| 9 Comments
Friday, Jun 72013, 2:45 PMSimilar to a pattern seen a few times over the past few weeks, underneath a solid rally in the averages are big declines in a number of income favorites. The culprit again is falling Treasury prices, the long bond off more than a full point and yielding 3.32%. Some popular equity REITs: Equity Residential (EQR -1.3%), AvalonBay (AVB -1.4%), HCP (HCP -1.6%), Realty Income (O -2.6%), Senior Housing (SNH -2.9%), Omega Healthcare (OHI -1.3%), Government Properties (GOV -2%). Also: Continued rout in mREITs. |Friday, Jun 72013, 2:45 PM| 4 Comments