Thu, Jul. 30, 9:07 AM
Thu, Apr. 30, 10:53 AM
- Smith & Nephew (SNN -1.1%) Q1 results ($M): Total Revenues: 1,104 (+2.9%); Sports Medicine, Trauma, & Other: 454 (+21.4%); Reconstruction: 360 (-6.2%); Advanced Wound Management: 290 (-7.9%).
- Revenues by geography: U.S.: 510 (+13.3%); Eur/Japan/Can/Australia/NZ: 422 (-12.1%); Emerging Markets: 172 (+20.3%).
- 2015 Guidance: Revenues: greater than 2014; H2 profits much better than H1; currency headwinds: -7% impact on revenues.
Thu, Feb. 5, 10:20 AM
- Smith & Nephew (SNN +3.7%) Q4 results: Revenues: $1,249M (+6.3%); COGS: $309M (+5.5%); R&D Expense: $58M (-6.5%); SG&A: $656M (+12.1%); Operating Income: $226M (-3.8%); Net Income: $160M (-1.2%); EPS: $0.18 (-1.1%); CF Ops: $302M (-5.9%).
- FY2014 results: Revenues: $4,617M (+6.1%); COGS: $1,162M (+5.6%); R&D Expense: $235M (+1.7%); SG&A: $2,471M (+11.8%); Operating Income: $749M (-7.5%); Net Income: $501M (-9.9%); EPS: $0.56 (-9.3%); Quick Assets: $93M (-32.1%); CF Ops: $683M (-21.2%).
- 2015 Guidance: Effective corporate tax rate is expected to reduce to slightly above 27%.
Thu, Feb. 5, 6:44 AM
Mon, Jan. 12, 8:13 AM
Oct. 31, 2014, 7:26 AM
- Smith & Nephew (SNN +3.3%) Q3 results: Revenues: $1,148M (+11.8%); Gross Profit: $851M (+11.0%); R&D Expense: $57M (-3.4%); SG&A: $634M (+20.1%); Operating Income: $160M (-11.1%); Net Income: $102M (-16.4%); EPS: $0.11 (-21.4%); Quick Assets: $147M (+7.3%); CF Ops: $148M (-25.6%).
- FY guidance remains unchanged.
Oct. 30, 2014, 9:06 AM
Aug. 1, 2014, 8:46 AM
- Smith & Nephew plc (NYSE:SNN) Q2 results: Revenue: $1,147M (+6.8%); Gross Profit: $859M (+7.9%); Operating Profit: $134M (-28.7%); Net Income: $89M (-31.0%); EPS: $0.099 (-30.3%); Quick Assets: $140M (+2.2%); CF Ops: $142M (-8.4%).
- 2014 Guidance: Orthopedic Reconstruction to grow at close to the market rate; Trauma and Extremities to grow at the market rate; Sports Medicine to grow above the market rate; Advanced Wound Management to grow below the market rate.
May 1, 2014, 4:00 AM
- Smith & Nephew's (SNN) Q1 adjusted EPS of 17.7 cents misses by 0.05 cents.
- Revenue of $1.07B (+1% Y/Y) misses by $0.02B.
- The surgical device company's underlying trading profit drops 5% to $229M and slightly misses consensus of $231M, hurt by investment in products and slower revenue growth.
- However, Smith & Nephew remains confident in its 2014 outlook as it launches new products and the contribution of acquisitions increases.
- Shares are -0.2% in London. (PR)
Feb. 6, 2014, 4:51 AM
- Smith & Nephew (SNN) Q4 underlying trading profit climbed 8% to $292M, just about topping consensus of $287M.
- Adjusted EPS 23.4 cents vs forecasts of 22.1 cents.
- Revenue increased to $1.2B from $1.1B and vs expectations of $1.16B.
- Pretax profit rose to $232M from $213M a year earlier
- Revenue increased to $1.2B from $1.1B
- Smith & Nephew CEO Olivier Bohuon said the company's Orthopaedic Reconstruction business "confirmed its improved dynamic, in particular delivering 11% growth in U.S. knees." Bohuon expects the business to continue its recent improved performance.
- Smith & Nephew's advanced wound management operations strongly outperformed its segment.
- The company expects the U.S. market to continue showing improvement in 2014, Europe to be challenging, and emerging markets to offer growth opportunities.
- Smith & Nephew declared a final dividend of $0.17 a share, bringing the distribution for 2013 to $0.274. Shares +1.9% in London. (PR)
Feb. 7, 2013, 5:02 AM
May 3, 2012, 3:27 AMSmith & Nephew (SNN): Q1 trading profit of $252M vs. $241M in the year-earlier period. Excluding restructuring and acquisition costs, EPS of $0.195/share, in-line. Knee replacements and wound care helped drive the profit growth. Revenue rose to $1.08B from $1.06B, in-line with estimates. | May 3, 2012, 3:27 AM | Comment!
SNN vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR