Wed, Feb. 18, 4:11 PM
Tue, Feb. 17, 5:35 PM
- ABX, ACT, AMTG, ARII, ARRS, ASGN, AVG, AXLL, BGS, BJRI, CAR, CDE, CSLT, CVG, CW, CYNI, DENN, DTLK, ELNK, EOG, EQC, ETE, ETP, EXAM, FNF, HSTM, HT, IAG, IPI, KEG, KEYW, LHO, LOPE, MANT, MAR, MHLD, MIC, MRO, NVMI, OGS, OIS, PAAS, PCYC, PKD, REXX, RGP, SBRA, SCTY, SIX, SNPS, SSS, STR, SUN, SUNE, SXL, TERP, THRX, TILE, TRN, TS, UAM, WES, WGP, WMB, WPZ, XPO, YUME
Wed, Jan. 21, 3:56 PM
- Mentor Graphics (MENT -0.4%) has won a summary judgment declaring the claims within three patents asserted by Synopsys (SNPS +0.6%) in an infringement suit are invalid. Litigation of a fourth patent being asserted has been stayed, pending a USPTO inter partes review of its claims.
- Separately, Synopsys has announced it's expanding its memory verification IP portfolio for the growing mobile chip market. The new IP is related to the UFS, UniPro, and eMMC protocols.
Dec. 3, 2014, 4:52 PM
- Along with its FQ4 results, Synopsys (NASDAQ:SNPS) has announced CFO Brian Beattie has been promoted to the role of EVP, business operations and chief administrative officer. Corporate finance VP Trac Pham is Synopsys' new CFO.
- In his new job, Beattie will continue leading Synopsys' finance, operations, and IT divisions, and will also be in charge of HR, facilities, and business development/strategy.
- FQ1 guidance is for revenue of $535M-$545M and EPS of $0.61-$0.63, favorable to a consensus of $518.4M and $0.61. FY15 (ends Oct. '15) guidance is for revenue of $2.185B-$2.225B and EPS of $2.67-$2.72 vs. a consensus of $2.21B and $2.70.
- Gross margin rose 100 bps Y/Y to 77.4%. Opex rose 8% to $360.1M.
- SNPS +1.1% AH. FQ4 results, PR.
Dec. 3, 2014, 4:08 PM
Dec. 2, 2014, 5:35 PM
Aug. 20, 2014, 5:01 PM
- Though it beat FQ3 estimates, Synopsys (NASDAQ:SNPS) is guiding for FQ4 revenue of $537M-$547M and EPS of $0.59-$0.61, mostly below a consensus of $547M and $0.63.
- FQ3 time-based license revenue +11% Y/Y to $431.2M; up-front license revenue -21% to $31.6M; maintenance/service revenue +6% to $59M. GAAP R&D spend +10% to $182.8M; sales/marketing +7% to $112.3M.
- Synopsys says it's seeing "encouraging results" from recently-acquired software quality/testing tool vendor Coverity.
- Shares -0.8% AH. FQ3 results, PR.
Aug. 20, 2014, 4:08 PM
Aug. 19, 2014, 5:35 PM
May. 21, 2014, 4:07 PM
May. 20, 2014, 5:35 PM
Apr. 21, 2014, 4:45 PM
- Along with its Q1 results, Cadence (CDNS) announces it's buying Jasper Design Automation, a provider of verification software tools to chipmakers, system developers, and IP providers, for $170M in cash ($140M exc. cash on hand).
- Cadence notes Jasper is a leader in the formal analysis segment of the verification tool market, and that many of the companies' joint customers are "increasingly adopting formal analysis to complement traditional verification methods, so as to better address the challenge of verifying increasingly complex and flexible IP designs and [SoCs]."
- The deal is expected to close in Q2, and will be paid for using both cash on hand and a credit facility. Cadence sees Jasper's technology complementing its System Development Suite. Jasper competes against Cadence archrival Synopsys (SNPS), which offers clients its Magellan formal analysis product.
- Cadence is guiding for Q2 revenue of $370M-$380M and EPS of $0.19-$0.21 vs. a consensus of $372.2M and $0.23. Full-year guidance is for revenue of $1.55B-$1.59B and EPS of $0.92-$1.02, in-line with. a consensus of $1.57B and $0.97.
Feb. 19, 2014, 4:10 PM
Feb. 19, 2014, 12:10 AM| 5 Comments
Feb. 18, 2014, 5:35 PM| Comment!
Feb. 7, 2014, 5:01 PM
- Synopsys (SNPS) has acquired Target Compiler Technologies, a Belgian developer of tools for designing/programming ASIPs (a type of processor whose instruction set is fine-tuned to support a specific application). Terms are undisclosed.
- While archrival Cadence made a splash last year by acquiring processor core IP developer Tensilica for $380M, Synopsys has been fairly quiet on the M&A front for a while. In 2012, Synopsys bought chip emulation software developer Eve.
SNPS vs. ETF Alternatives
Synopsys Inc is a provider of software, intellectual property and services used to design integrated circuits and electronics systems. It also provides software & services used to develop electronic systems that incorporate chips.
Other News & PR