Jan. 30, 2014, 9:52 AM
- Vipshop (VIPS -4%) has been cut to Neutral by UBS. Bof/A/Merrill and UBS started shares at Buy earlier this month.
- Sequans (SQNS +3.6%) has been upgraded to Outperform by Baird ahead of its Feb. 6 Q4 report.
- Amdocs (DOX +3.9%) has been upgraded to Outperform by Oppenheimer following yesterday afternoon's FQ1 beat.
- PTC (PTC +3.7%) has been upgraded to Overweight by JPMorgan. The company posted an FQ1 beat a week ago.
- Blackbaud (BLKB -1.4%) has been cut to Underweight by JPMorgan.
- Integrated Silicon (ISSI -2.8%) has been cut to Hold by Craig-Hallum a day after posting mixed FQ1 results.
- Synopsys (SNPS +0.2%) and SS&C (SSNC -3.6%) have been cut to Neutral by JPMorgan.
- Spansion (CODE +1.9%) has been started at Overweight by Morgan Stanley ahead of its Feb. 4 Q4 report.
Dec. 31, 2013, 6:21 PM
- With Apple having kicked off the 64-bit ARM (ARMH) mobile processor era this fall, many other companies are expected to launch 64-bit ARM-powered smartphones and tablets in 2014, notes the Micrprocessor Report's Mike Demler. That, in turn, should provide a boost to ARM's CPU royalty rates.
- Already, Qualcomm has announced a mid-range 64-bit Snapdragon processor (features four ARM Cortex A53 cores) and Samsung has promised its next-gen Exynos mobile CPUs will be 64-bit. Also, Intel has demoed a tablet running on a 64-bit version of Android and the chip giant's (x86-based) Bay Trail Atom CPU.
- Demler also expects strong demand for microcontrollers running on ARM's low-power Cortex-M CPUs (previous), which power a variety of intelligent embedded/wearable devices. At the same time, he notes ARM faces competition here from Synopsys' (SNPS) ARC CPU cores, as well as some smaller firms.
- ARM has called the embedded market its biggest opportunity. The company recently bought Sensinode, a startup offering a software platform that provides Web connectivity for embedded devices.
Dec. 9, 2013, 2:29 PM| Comment!
Dec. 4, 2013, 5:37 PM
Dec. 4, 2013, 4:44 PM
- Synopsys (SNPS) shares are down 4.1% AH following a largely in-line FQ4 but weaker-than-expected FQ1 guidance.
- Time-based license revenue grew 12.5% Y/Y to $412.9M, upfront revenue +26.4% to $36.5M, and maintenance revenue -4.9% to $55.5M.
- Management sees FQ1 revenue of $475M-$485M (missing analyst expectations of $504.3M) and EPS of $0.51-$0.53 ($0.62). FY2014 revenue is seen at $2.06B-$2.085B (vs. consensus of $2.09B) and EPS at $2.55-$2.60 ($2.54).
- Conference call at 5pm ET, PR
Dec. 4, 2013, 4:15 PM
Dec. 4, 2013, 12:10 AM
Dec. 3, 2013, 5:35 PM
Aug. 21, 2013, 4:08 PM
Aug. 21, 2013, 12:10 AM
Aug. 20, 2013, 5:35 PM
Jul. 30, 2013, 9:43 AM
- Bankrate (RATE +13.6%) has been upgraded to Buy by BofA in response to its Q2 report.
- SanDisk (SNDK -2.5%) has been cut to Neutral by Goldman.
- OpenTable (OPEN -1.3%) has been cut to Neutral by Macquarie.
- Sohu (SOHU -0.7%) has been cut to Equal Weight by Morgan Stanley following yesterday's Q2 report (I, II).
- EDA software firms Mentor Graphics (MENT -0.1%) and Synopsys (SNPS +0.8%) have been started at Outperform by Pac Crest. Rival Cadence (CDNS -0.2%) has been started at Sector Perform.
May. 22, 2013, 4:36 PMMore on Synopsys (SNPS): FQ2 beats on all counts as total sales jump 15% Y/Y. Net earnings more than tripled on higher revenue growth and lower expenses. The company also raises its full-year earnings guidance to a range of $2.37 to $2.42 per share, and reaffirms its revenue at between $1.96B and $1.98B. For the current quarter, is sees its EPS at $0.53 and $0.55 on revenue between $475M and $485M. Analysts were looking for $0.57 on revenue of $496M. Shares +1.7% AH. | Comment!
May. 22, 2013, 4:11 PM
May. 22, 2013, 12:10 AM
May. 21, 2013, 5:35 PM
SNPS vs. ETF Alternatives
Synopsys Inc is a provider of software, intellectual property and services used to design integrated circuits and electronics systems. It also provides software & services used to develop electronic systems that incorporate chips.
Other News & PR