Apr. 22, 2014, 7:04 AM
Apr. 22, 2014, 12:05 AM
Apr. 21, 2014, 5:30 PM
Mar. 7, 2014, 8:13 AM
Jan. 21, 2014, 7:04 AM
Jan. 21, 2014, 12:05 AM
Jan. 20, 2014, 5:30 PM
Dec. 5, 2013, 5:10 PM
Oct. 22, 2013, 1:54 PM
- Net interest income of $204M is up a hair from Q2, with net interest margin up one basis point to 3.40%. Company expects "slight downward pressure" on NIM in Q4 (presentation slide 7)
- Noninterest income of $63.6M is off 2.3% from last quarter primarily due to a $2M decline in mortgage banking income (company expects continued modest decline in Q4). Adjusted noninterest expense of $171M up 2%, thanks to higher salaries. Earnings call (transcript): "Expense management is a way of life for us."
- Total loans of $19.71B is up a hair from Q2. C&I loans growth of $18.1M, a 0.7% annualized rate. Retail loans growth of $83.3M, a 9.5% annualized rate. Q4 loan growth is expected to be modestly stronger (presentation slide 5).
- Net charge-offs of $23M are off from $30M in Q2 and $96.5M a year ago.
- Tier 1 Common Equity ratio of 9.93% vs. 8.97% in Q2.
- SNV -2.4%.
- Q3 results.
Oct. 22, 2013, 7:11 AM
Oct. 22, 2013, 12:05 AM
Oct. 21, 2013, 5:30 PM
Sep. 19, 2013, 3:05 PM
- Regional banks have fallen and can't get up following yesterday afternoon's non-taper announcement. The SPDR Regional Banking ETF (KRE -1.7%) is off about 3% from where it stood prior to 2 PM ET yesterday.
- The sector sliced right through the bond market tumble this summer as higher rates were expected to boost profitability for the lenders, and investors are using the excuse of the taper delay to cash in some chips (as they are with another higher-rate beneficiary, the insurance sector).
- Individual names of note: Huntington (HBAN -2%), Regions (RF -3.7%), SunTrust (STI -3.1%), First NIagara (FNFG -2.8%), Synovus (SNV -1.8%), KeyCorp (KEY -3.9%), ZIons (ZION -3.1%), Flagstar (FBC -2.3%).
- Perhaps a little less asset-sensitive and performing better: U.S. Bancorp (USB -0.4%), BB&T (BBT -0.3%), PNC Financial (PNC -0.5%), Hudson CIty (HCBK -0.9%), Fifth Third (FITB -1%).
- Other ETFs: KBE, KBWB.
Sep. 4, 2013, 7:18 AM
Aug. 15, 2013, 3:45 PM
- Is it something more than interest rates at work? Selloffs earlier this summer were notable for exempting certain sectors set to benefit from higher rates - insurance (KIE -1.4%) and regional banks (KRE -1.1%) - but not today.
- Leading the insurance sector lower are AIG (AIG -2.3%), Aflac (AFL -2%), Cincinnati Financial (CINF -2.3%), Old Republic (ORI -1.3%), and Prudential (PRU -1.6%).
- In regional banks it's Huntington (HBAN -1.5%), SunTrust (STI -1.5%), First Niagara (FNFG -1.6%), Synovus (SNV -1%), and KeyCorp (KEY -1.5%), and Flagstar (FBC -4%).
- Related ETFs: IAT, KBE, KRE, RKH, QABA, KRU, KRS, KBWR.
Jul. 19, 2013, 9:20 AMSynovus Financial (SNV) prices its near 60M share secondary at $3.09 each for gross proceeds of about $175M. As announced last night, the holding company is using the money (plus proceeds from a preferred stock offering, plus a $680M dividend from the bank) to pay back Treasury for TARP. Shares +3.6% premarket to $3.20. | Jul. 19, 2013, 9:20 AM | Comment!
SNV vs. ETF Alternatives
Synovus Financial Corp is a financial services company and a registered bank holding company. It provides integrated financial services including commercial and retail banking, financial management, insurance and mortgage services.
Other News & PR