- Southern Company is an electricity producer and supplier that operates in a stable industry and can ensure stable revenues in the future.
- Moreover, Southern Company is well known for its attractive dividend yield of nearly 4.9%. It has maintained a tradition of paying regular dividends for more than 65 years.
- The company is clearly performing well as the recent quarterly results surpassed analysts’ expectations; the company reported an EPS of 68 cents compared to the original estimate of 67 cents.
- The economy is in the company’s favor as oil, a major resource used to produce electricity, is expected to witness a decline in its prices in the near future.
- The number of housing starts continues to increase in the United States, creating a huge demand for the Southern Company’s electricity services.