Nov. 21, 2014, 6:45 PM
- Ethanol and other biofuel groups are declaring victory, as the EPA today said a decision to finalize blending requirements for 2014 - first proposed more than a year ago - has been delayed.
- The delay gives hope to ethanol producers that the EPA will rethink how it proposes the annual biofuels levels; the draft 2014 biofuels levels were much lower than the ethanol industry wanted.
- Oil company lobbyists opposed to the law say the idea of setting a retroactive quota shows the EPA is incapable of managing the program; the American Fuel & Petrochemical Manufacturers, which represents energy companies, plans to sue the EPA for failing to issue the 2014 requirements.
- Ethanol stocks: ADM, GPRE, GEVO, MEOH, SZYM, REX, CDTI, REGI, FF, AMRS, ANDE
- Related refining stocks: VLO, HFC, MPC, TSO, WNR, ALJ, PSX, PBF, DK, NTI, ALDW
- Related coal stocks: BTU, WLT, CNX, ACI, ANR, YZC, ARLP, AHGP, NRP, PVG, PVA, OXF, CLD, WLB, SCOK
- Related solar stocks: JASO, SPWR, TSL, FSLR, CSIQ, YGE, EMKR, SOL, JKS, CSUN, SCTY, RGSE, SUNE, HSOL, DQ, ASTI, OTCQB:SOPW
- ETFs: XLE, ERX, VDE, OIH, ERY, DIG, DUG, IYE, FENY, PXJ, RYE, FXN, DDG, FUE, KOL, TAN
Sep. 6, 2013, 12:17 PM
SOPW vs. ETF Alternatives
SPI is a leading vertically integrated photovoltaic (PV) solar developer that designs, engineers and constructs complete PV solar energy facilities (SEF). The company develops SEFs to provide onsite electricity production for industrial and commercial enterprises. It also develops utility-scale... More
Other News & PR