Solar Power, Inc: Why This $1 Billion Company Could Fall By More Than 80%
- Solar Power, Inc.'s parent company, LDK Solar Co., filed for bankruptcy on October 21.
- Solar Power, Inc. has issued 228,557,500 million shares in the past 6 months at a price of $.27 per share and lower.
- The company’s telephone number is no longer active.
- The company continues to release positive press releases with no mention of LDK Solar's bankruptcy proceedings.
- Solar Power's market capitalization is out of touch with company fundamentals.
- There are significant questions on the company's ability to finance announced projects.
- The company has recently closed massively-dilutive equity offerings.
There are no Transcripts on SOPW.
Nov. 21, 2014, 6:45 PM
- Ethanol and other biofuel groups are declaring victory, as the EPA today said a decision to finalize blending requirements for 2014 - first proposed more than a year ago - has been delayed.
- The delay gives hope to ethanol producers that the EPA will rethink how it proposes the annual biofuels levels; the draft 2014 biofuels levels were much lower than the ethanol industry wanted.
- Oil company lobbyists opposed to the law say the idea of setting a retroactive quota shows the EPA is incapable of managing the program; the American Fuel & Petrochemical Manufacturers, which represents energy companies, plans to sue the EPA for failing to issue the 2014 requirements.
- Ethanol stocks: ADM, GPRE, GEVO, MEOH, SZYM, REX, CDTI, REGI, FF, AMRS, ANDE
- Related refining stocks: VLO, HFC, MPC, TSO, WNR, ALJ, PSX, PBF, DK, NTI, ALDW
- Related coal stocks: BTU, WLT, CNX, ACI, ANR, YZC, ARLP, AHGP, NRP, PVG, PVA, OXF, CLD, WLB, SCOK
- Related solar stocks: JASO, SPWR, TSL, FSLR, CSIQ, YGE, EMKR, SOL, JKS, CSUN, SCTY, RGSE, SUNE, HSOL, DQ, ASTI, OTCQB:SOPW
- ETFs: XLE, ERX, VDE, OIH, ERY, DIG, DUG, IYE, FENY, PXJ, RYE, FXN, DDG, FUE, KOL, TAN
Sep. 6, 2013, 12:17 PM
SOPW vs. ETF Alternatives
SPI is a leading vertically integrated photovoltaic (PV) solar developer that designs, engineers and constructs complete PV solar energy facilities (SEF). The company develops SEFs to provide onsite electricity production for industrial and commercial enterprises. It also develops utility-scale... More
Other News & PR