Business Wire (Tue, 8:30AM)
Business Wire (Mon, 8:30AM)
Business Wire (Aug 7, 2014)
Business Wire (Jul 10, 2014)
Business Wire (Jul 9, 2014)
Business Wire (Jun 26, 2014)
Business Wire (May 29, 2014)
Sparton Corporation to Attend the KeyBanc Capital Markets Industrial, Automotive & Transportation ConferenceBusiness Wire (May 23, 2014)
at MarketWatch.com (Feb 25, 2011)
Dec. 20, 2013, 7:25 AM
- The FDA has indefinitely delayed a ruling on Amarin's (AMRN) request to expand the use of of the company's Vascepa drug, which lowers triglyceride fat in blood. Under the new "ANCHOR" indication, the therapy would be used to treat people who take statins to cut cholesterol and have a high risk of coronary heart disease.
- The FDA was due to issue its verdict today, but the agency put off the ruling as it's still considering Amarin's request to re-instate the ANCHOR Special Protocol Assessment (SPA) agreement. Under the SPA, the FDA had said that the design of an uncompleted Phase III trial was acceptable to support a marketing application to widen Vascepa's use case.
- However, the agency rescinded that SPA in October and initially denied Amarin's appeal over the matter.
- The FDA has also said that it views that appeal as separate from the firm's request to expand the use of Vascepa.
- Amarin shares are +32%. (PR)
Sep. 3, 2013, 5:35 PM
Sep. 3, 2013, 5:28 PM
- Shares of Sparton (SPA) are up 13.6% AH following the company's FQ4 beat.
- Sparton ended the quarter with a sales backlog of $199.8M, including $31.9M from newly-acquired Onyx EMS, representing a 35% Y/Y increase. (PR)
- Medical Devices revenue grew $3.4M from FQ4 2012, Complex Systems $0.8M (7%), and Defense & Security Systems $8.3M (40%).
- The acquisition of the Onyx medical business resulted in revenue of $13.1M, EBITDA of $1.7M, and operating income of $0.6M.
- Conference call scheduled for 11 am ET tomorrow
May. 22, 2013, 1:09 PMSparton (SPA +2.2%) gains today after saying that it and USSI, a subsidiary of Ultra Electronics Holdings, have won $8.8M in joint foreign sales contracts for the manufacture of multiple Passive and Active Sonobuoys to the South Korean Government. Production will be done from their ERAPSCO/SonobuoyTech Systems joint venture, and should be completed by March, 2014. | Comment!
Sep. 5, 2012, 4:27 PM
SPA vs. ETF Alternatives
Sparton Corp is a provider of complex and sophisticated electromechanical devices with capabilities that include concept development, industrial design, design and manufacturing engineering, production, distribution, and field service.
Other News & PR