Wed, Apr. 29, 8:00 AM
- Spectrum Brand (NYSE:SPB) reports a record quarter for the Home and Garden business.
- The company saw strong volume growth in HHI business, in Europe and Latin America.Segment sales: Global Batteries & Appliances: $443.9 (-7.69%); Hardware & Home Improvement: $289.4M (+8.43%); Global Pet Supplies: $209.8M (+31.62%); Home and Garden: $123.9M (+8.21%).
- Gross margin rate fell 10 bps to 35.1%.
- Operating margin rate declined 78 bps to 8.28%.FY2015 Guidance: Net sales: to increase in the low to mid-single digit range; Free cash flow: ~$400M; Capex: $75M to $85M.
- SPB +0.19% premarket.
Wed, Apr. 29, 7:10 AM
Tue, Apr. 28, 4:48 PM
- Spectrum Brands (NYSE:SPB) agrees to acquire Armor All from P-E firm Avista Capital Partners for $1.4B, Bloomberg reports.
- SPB owns a broad range of consumer brands from bug repellent to facial-grooming products, and would add car wax, upholstery creams and STP engine oil to its product stable.
- The deal would be funded with ~$900M of new debt and the sale of $500M of new shares, according to the report; HRG, which owns ~59% of SPB, would subscribe to the share sale.
Tue, Apr. 28, 4:41 PM
Mon, Mar. 16, 7:47 AM
Tue, Feb. 24, 8:41 AM
- Strong demand at Home Depot and Lowe's as consumers boost their home improvement spending sets up suppliers for a Q1 boost.
- A higher mix of domestic sales can also help select companies withstand the impact of F/X translation to U.S. dollars for their global business.
- Previously: Home Depot and Lowe's higher after strong read on HD traffic (Feb. 24 2015)
- Home Depot-watching: SWK, SPB, ENR, PG, TTC, OC, WHR,
Wed, Feb. 4, 4:25 PM
Wed, Jan. 28, 4:34 PM
Fri, Jan. 9, 7:27 AM| Comment!
Nov. 20, 2014, 7:11 AM
Nov. 19, 2014, 5:30 PM
Nov. 18, 2014, 4:08 PM
Oct. 15, 2014, 2:17 PM
- The ten companies in the Russell 1000 in which hedge funds hold the biggest stakes are down an average of 16% since that index hit an all-time high on September 18, according to Bloomberg. This stands against a slide in the index of just 7%.
- “The reactive selling is institutional,” says a portfolio manager. “Now redemptions are coming in, and that’s putting more pressure on the market. All these things are in the mix for perhaps exacerbating the move.”
- The list: Burger King Worldwide (BKW -4.5%), CVR Energy (CVI -2.4%), Spectrum Brands Holdings (SPB -3.3%), Ally Financial (ALLY -2.6%), Zynga (ZNGA -1.3%), NorthStar Realty (NRF -1.9%), Seventy Seven Energy (SSE -6.6%), Platform Specialty Products (PAH -1.4%), and SunEdison (SUNE -0.6%).
Jul. 30, 2014, 6:37 AM
Jul. 29, 2014, 6:03 PM
Jul. 29, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AB, ACCO, ADT, AMED, AMT, ATRO, AUO, BAH, BDC, BEN, CFR, CVE, D, DHX, DORM, DX, ENR, EVER, GIB, GRMN, GT, HAE, HES, HSP, HUM, HUN, IACI, ICLR, INGR, LFUS, LL, LO, LPLA, MGAM, MINI, MMYT, MRGE, MWV, NICE, NVMI, PAG, PBI, PEG, PSX, PSXP, PTRY, ROK, RRD, S, SAIA, SEE, SGNT, SMP, SO, SODA, SONS, SPB, SPW, TASR, TFX, TRI, VLO, VLY, WEC, WLP
SPB vs. ETF Alternatives
Spectrum Brands Holdings Inc is a diversified consumer products company.The Company is engaged in manufacturing and marketing alkaline, zinc carbon and hearing aid batteries, herbicides, insecticides and repellants and specialty pet supplies.
Other News & PR