Tue, Jan. 6, 6:56 AM
Nov. 21, 2014, 9:08 AM
- KB Homes (NYSE:KBH), D.R. Horton (NYSE:DHI), are M.D.C. Holdings (NYSE:MDC) all have their Underperform ratings pulled, and are now Market Perform.
- The team, however, loses patience with Standard Pacific (NYSE:SPF) after a 16% decline YTD, and downgrades to Market Perform from Outperform.
- KBH, DHI, and MDC are all higher by more than 1% in premarket action.
Oct. 30, 2014, 4:06 PM| Comment!
Sep. 17, 2014, 10:04 AM
- Lennar's sizable earnings beat included a 23% gain in new orders - a strong result given the slowdown seen from some other builders.
- Previously: Lennar up 4.3% after reporting big quarter
- ETFs: ITB +2.6%, XHB +1.8%
- Individual players: Ryland (RYL +4.8%) Pulte (PHM +3.8%), Toll Bros. (TOL +3.2%), D.R. Horton (DHI +4%), Hovnanian (HOV +5.8%), KB Home (KBH +4.4%), Comstock (CHCI +4.2%), Standard Pacific (SPF +3.8%).
Sep. 9, 2014, 7:39 AM
- Lennar (NYSE:LEN) and D.R. Horton (NYSE:DHI) are upgraded to Overweight, while PulteGroup (NYSE:PHM) is upgraded to Neutral following a near-9% drop YTD.
- Downgrades from Overweight to Neutral: M/I Homes (NYSE:MHO), Meritage Homes (NYSE:MTH). Downgrades from Neutral to Underweight: M.D.C. Holdings (NYSE:MDC) and Standard Pacific (NYSE:SPF).
Sep. 3, 2014, 10:16 AM
- The homebuilders are lower in early action following Toll Brothers beating earnings estimates, but expressing caution on pricing power, and cutting guidance for full-year home deliveries.
- ITB -0.8%, XHB -0.5%.
- Individual names: Hovnanian (HOV -0.9%), Lennar (LEN -1.5%), KB Home (KBH -1.8%), PulteGroup (PHM -1.4%), D.R. Horton (DHI -1.1%), Ryland (RYL -1.5%), NVR (NVR -1.1%), Standard Pacific (SPF -1.1%).
Jul. 31, 2014, 4:11 PM| Comment!
Jul. 24, 2014, 10:09 AM
- The ITB is lower by 1.5% and the XHB by 0.7% with earlier earnings misses from Pulte (PHM -1.5%) and D.R. Horton (DHI -5%). and just-released disappointing new home sales data weighing. Also reporting this morning was M/I Homes (MHO -3.2%), and that company beat estimates.
- June single-family new home sales of 406K fell 8.1% from May's rate of 442K (which was revised down from 504K). Expectations for June sales were 479K.
- The supply of new homes rises to 5.8 months at June's sales pace from 5.2 months previously.
- Other names: Lennar (LEN -1.6%), Ryland (RYL -2.3%), Standard Pacific (SPF -2%), Hovnanian (HOV -0.9%), Toll Brothers (TOL -2.2%).
Jun. 20, 2014, 10:38 AM
- The averages are nudging higher, but not the homebuilder names after Owens Corning cuts 2014 guidance on continued weakness in its roofing business.
- Soft action in Q1 continued through April and May, says the company, which now sees H1 roofing volumes as much as 20% lower than 2013. Owens still expects H2 to be better, but is less confident of that forecast today than it was a few months ago.
- ETFs: ITB -1.3%, XHB -1.2%
- Toll Bros. (TOL -1.6%), TriPointe Homes (TPH -1.3%), Lennar (LEN -1.6%), Ryland (RYL -1.8%), Hovnanian (HOV -0.9%), PulteGroup (PHM -1.2%), D.R. Horton (DHI -0.8%), Standard Pacific (SPF -1.8%)
May 1, 2014, 4:33 PM| Comment!
Apr. 25, 2014, 4:43 AM
- The amount that lenders originated in mortgage loans plunged 58% on year Q1 to a 14-year low of $235B, almost entirely due to drop in refinancing. The figures are from industry newsletter Inside Mortgage Finance.
- Loans for acquisitions were flat on year and lower than in Q4.
- The trend is the latest indication that increasing interest rates are hampering the housing recovery. The average 30-year fixed-rate mortgage was 4.5% last week, up from 3.6% in May last year, when rates spiked after the Fed indicated it would scale back its QE program.
- Tickers: DHI, PHM, RYL, MHO, NVR, LEN, SPF, MDC, HOV, TOL ORI, NLY, AGNC, MTGE, ARR, TWO, IVR, CMO, MFA, WMC, FMCC, FNMA, RDN, NMIH, ESNT, GNW
- ETFs/ETNs: ITB, XHB, MORT, MORL, REM, MORT, MORT
Apr. 24, 2014, 1:21 PM
- The iShares DJ U.S. Home Construction ETF (ITB +2.7%) gains as earnings roll in from D.R. Horton, PulteGroup, Ryland, and M/I Homes. While PulteGroup saw slowdowns in closings and new orders, but offsetting increases in prices, D.R. Horton reported sales, new orders, and prices all on the rise. DHI is ahead 8%, Pulte 3%, Ryland (RYL +2.2%), M/I Homes (MHO +5.9%).
- The SPDR S&P Homebuilders ETF (XHB +1.2%) is more of a homebuilding supply play.
- Other builders: NVR (NVR +3.4%), Lennar (LEN +3.5%) Standard Pacific (SPF +2.8%), M.D.C. Holdings (MDC +3.2%), Hovnanian (HOV +2.5%), Toll Bros (TOL +4.2%).
Apr. 7, 2014, 9:17 AM| Comment!
Mar. 12, 2014, 9:54 AM
- The homebuilders are under pressure in early action amid another set of downgrades for individual names (Toll Bros., Pulte, Lyons today), and another slowdown in mortgage applications.
- The MBA Mortgage Application Index fell 2.1% last week, with the Purchase Index off 1% on the week and 17% from a year ago.
- Reporting on Credit Suisse's latest monthly agent survey, CNBC's Diana Olick says homebuyer traffic is falling and demand is "underwhelming," but the respondents cite higher rates and home prices, not the weather.
- XHB -1.3%, ITB -1.7%.
- Individual names: Hovnanian (HOV -1%), Lennar (LEN -1.2%) D.R. Horton (DHI -1.3%), Ryland (RYL -1.5%), KB Home (KBH -1.9%), Standard Pacific (SPF -1.5%), MDC Holdings (MDC -1.9%).
Feb. 5, 2014, 4:38 PM| Comment!
Feb. 5, 2014, 12:10 AM
- AFFX, AIZ, AKAM, ALL, ARMK, ATML, AVNR, BDN, BKD, BMR, BOFI, CALD, CBG, CINF, CNW, DIS, DRIV, EDMC, ENS, ENTR, FEIC, FISV, FLT, FMC, FORM, GEOS, GIL, GLUU, GMCR, GPRE, IRBT, KIM, LNC, MAA, MRO, MTD, MTGE, NXPI, OESX, ONVO, ORLY, OSUR, P, PAA, PMT, PNNT, PRU, QUIK, RE, RLD, SCSS, SFLY, SNCR, SPF, SRCL, SWI, SWIR, SWM, THG, TQNT, TSO, TTMI, TWO, TWTR, TYL, UHAL, WGL, WNC, XL, YELP
SPF vs. ETF Alternatives
Standard Pacific Corp is engaged in the business of constructing single-family attached and detached homes with operations in the metropolitan markets in California, Florida, Arizona, Texas, the Carolinas and Colorado.
Other News & PR