Fri, Mar. 6, 6:37 AM
- Staples (NASDAQ:SPLS) reports sales in North America fell 6.9% to $2.699B in Q4 as store closing continued.
- International sales were down 11.1% to $898M as foreign exchange translation played a factor.
- Online sales rose 8% during the quarter.
- The company's gross profit rate was up 62 bps during the month.
- Operating margin rate -69 bps to 5.07% due in part to new growth investments and incentive compensation.
- Earnings guidance: Staples expects Q1 EPS of $0.16-$0.18 vs. $0.17 consensus.
- Store count guidance: 225 store closings planned for 2015.
- Previously: Staples beats by $0.01, misses on revenue
Fri, Mar. 6, 6:02 AM
Thu, Mar. 5, 5:30 PM
Tue, Feb. 24, 7:10 AM
- Office Depot (NASDAQ:ODP) reports sales in the retail division fell 7.2% to $1.539B in Q4 on a pro forma basis which takes into consideration the OfficeMax merger.
- The pro forma same-store sales comp was -2%.
- Retail operating margin +240 bps to 1.0%.
- North American Business Solutions Division sales -1% on a pro forma basis to $1.46B. Operating margin +300 bps to 4.5%.
- International sales -4% to $834M. Operating margin +40 bps to 3.5%.
- Due to the merger with Staples (NASDAQ:SPLS), guidance is withdrawn by the company, although it did say it expects total company sales to be lower in 2015.
- Merger synergy benefits of $750M per year are forecast.
- ODP +1.80% premarket.
Nov. 19, 2014, 7:07 AM
- Staples (NASDAQ:SPLS) reports same-store sales fell 4% in Q3 as traffic was off by the same level.
- The online channel saw a 9% increase in sales during the quarter.
- Operating income rate -180 bps to 7.7%.
- The company expects to close 170 stores in North America this year.
- Guidance: Q4 EPS of $0.27-$0.32 expected vs.$0.31 consensus.
- SPLS +3.7% premarket.
Nov. 19, 2014, 6:04 AM
Nov. 18, 2014, 5:30 PM
Aug. 20, 2014, 7:02 AM| 1 Comment
Aug. 20, 2014, 6:02 AM
Aug. 19, 2014, 5:30 PM
May. 20, 2014, 7:22 AM
- Staples (SPLS) reports comparable-store sales fell 4% in Q1.
- Store traffic was also down 4% for the period.
- The company's operating income rate dived 270 bps to 3.5%.
- Segment revenue growth: North American Stores and Online -4.9% to $2.63B; North American Commercial +0.7% to $2.06B; International Operations -3.9% to $964M.
- Guidance for Q2 EPS is set by Staples at $0.09-$0.14 vs. $0.15 consensus.
- SPLS -9.5% premarket to $12.09.
May. 20, 2014, 6:03 AM
May. 19, 2014, 5:30 PM
Mar. 6, 2014, 6:52 AM
- Staples (SPLS) reports comparable store sales fell 7% in Q4 on a sharp drop in traffic and slightly lower average order size from customers.
- A reduction in store count and tighter product margin rates cut into Staple's profitability.
- The company did see double-digit revenue growth for Staples.com.
- Guidance for Q1 EPS is set at $0.17-$0.22 vs. $0.27 consensus.
- Staples says it will close 225 in North America by the end of 2015.
- SPLS -7.5% premarket
Mar. 6, 2014, 6:01 AM
Mar. 6, 2014, 12:05 AM
SPLS vs. ETF Alternatives
Staples Inc operates as an office products company that sells and delivers office products and services. The Company provides products, services and expertise in the categories of office supplies, technology, furniture, Copy & Print & among ohers.
Other News & PR