From other sites
at MarketWatch.com (Oct 17, 2011)
at CNBC.com (Sep 24, 2010)
- SciQuest's revenue has grow rapidly over the last several years. From 2009-2013, revenue grew at a CAGR of 25.6%. In 2014, revenue has continued to grow double digits.
- Yet, the company's stock has significantly declined. The stock decline is being driven by the company's continued sales execution issues.
- Over the last year, management has made several major changes to the sales team. However, these changes haven't fixed the execution issue. Many large deals continue to be delayed.
- In 2014, management has continued to make changes. However, these changes will take time to work. Meanwhile in 2015, revenue growth should continue to slow due to a subpar 2014.
- Additionally, SciQuest's execution issue is impacting the company's ability to acquire new technologies and stay competitive. As a result, the company and their stock should continue to underperform.
Thu, Oct. 30, 4:16 PM
Wed, Jul. 30, 5:31 PM
Fri, May. 2, 12:49 PM
Fri, May. 2, 9:18 AM
Fri, May. 2, 9:13 AM
- Revenues: $25.4M (+22.7%).
- Loss from operations: $0.1M (+92.3%).
- EPS: breakeven compared to a loss of $0.03 yoy.
- Q2 guidance:
- Revenues: $24.8M - $25.2M.
- EPS: loss of $0.01 - breakeven.
- 2014 guidance:
- Revenues: $101.6M - $104.6M.
- Loss/share: $0.02 - $0.05.
- CF Ops: $18.4M - $22.4M.
- (SQI) shares are down 24% premarket on light volume.
- Press release
Thu, May. 1, 5:44 PM
Thu, Feb. 6, 4:49 PM
Nov. 5, 2013, 5:56 PM
Sep. 9, 2013, 2:13 PM
Sep. 3, 2013, 5:41 PM| Comment!
Aug. 2, 2013, 12:45 PM
Aug. 2, 2013, 12:28 PM
- Shares of SciQuest (SQI -16.8%) are under pressure following the company's Q2 results.
- The likely culprit for the weakness is SQI's revised full year adjusted EPS and revenue outlook which, at $0.33-0.35 and $87.6-88.2M respectively, is below previous guidance of $0.34-0.38/ share on $89-93M in sales. (PR)
- Consensus is $0.38/ share on revenue of $91.5M.
- While he realized that "post-whiff downgrades are lame," Canaccord's Richard Davis nonetheless cut the shares to Hold from Buy and lowered his price target to $22 from $27 earlier today, calling a morning dip "likely." Good call.
Aug. 1, 2013, 5:24 PM
Apr. 30, 2013, 6:15 PM
Feb. 7, 2013, 5:26 PM
Nov. 9, 2012, 12:45 PM
Instablogs are blogs which are instantly set up and networked within the Seeking Alpha community. Instablog posts are not selected, edited or screened by Seeking Alpha editors, in contrast to contributors' articles.
SQI vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR