Jun. 19, 2014, 8:01 AM
- Nicox S.A. subsidiary Nicox, Inc. launches expanded access to Sequenom's (SQNM) RetnaGene portfolio of laboratory-developed (LDT) genetic tests in the U.S. The tests are used to assess a patient's risk for advanced age-related macular degeneration (AMD).
- AMD is the leading cause of blindness in the U.S. affecting ~15M Americans.
- SQNM's portfolio includes the RetnaGene AMD test that assesses the risk for wet AMD within two, five and ten years in patients at least 55 years of age with early or intermediate dry AMD. The RetnaGene LR test assesses the lifetime risk of advanced AMD in patients at least 55 years of age who have not been diagnosed with AMD and/or with a family history of AMD.
- Sequenom granted Nicox exclusive promotion and marketing rights to its RetnaGene LDT tests in January 2014.
Jun. 16, 2014, 9:53 AM
- Sequenom (SQNM +10.1%) and Quest Diagnostics (DGX -0.1%) sign a two-year agreement where DGX will offer SQNM's MaterniT21 PLUS laboratory-developed test (LDT) on an exclusive nation-wide basis. DGX will pay SQNM an undisclosed fixed fee per test and expects it to be available in Q3.
- MaterniT21 PLUS uses a maternal blood sample to determine fetal chromosomal abnormalities. An elevated level of chromosome 21, for example, is associated with trisomy 21 (Down syndrome).
Jun. 16, 2014, 9:15 AM
Jun. 9, 2014, 9:13 AM
Jun. 4, 2014, 7:12 AM
May 30, 2014, 5:36 PM
May 2, 2014, 9:18 AM
May 1, 2014, 5:44 PM
May 1, 2014, 5:00 PM
May 1, 2014, 4:20 PM
Mar. 6, 2014, 7:15 AM
- Sequenom's (SQNM) CEO, Harry Hixon, to retire on June 10, the date of the company's annual shareholders meeting.
- William J. Welch, President and COO, will replace him.
- Dr. Hixon will continue to serve as Chairman of the Board, pending reelection at the June meeting.
- Dirk van den Boom, PhD, promoted to Chief Scientific and Strategy Officer.
- Paul V. Maier, CFO, will also retire at the annual shareholders meeting. Carolyn D. Beaver, VP and Chief Accounting Officer will replace him.
- Press release
Feb. 27, 2014, 4:15 PM
Feb. 27, 2014, 9:29 AM
- Illumina's (ILMN +1.3%) cell-free DNA testing technology was more accurate than traditional techniques in diagnosing Down syndrome and Edwards syndrome.
- The false-positive rate of Illumina's cfDNA product was 0.3% for Down syndrome vs 3.6% for standard screening, and 0.2% for Edwards vs 0.6%.
- The study could lead to the testing in expectant mothers beyond only those considered at high risk for having babies with Down and Edwards syndromes.
- The results of the study were published in the New England Journal of Medicine.
- Three other companies in the U.S. provide cfDNA testing - Sequenom (SQNM +3%), Ariosa Diagnostics and Natera.
Feb. 27, 2014, 12:10 AM
- ACAD, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALIM, AMRN, APEI, ARNA, ATLS, AVD, BAGL, BCEI, BID, BIO, CEMP, CHUY, CLNE, CRM, DCO, DECK, ELGX, EPR, EVC, GPS, HALO, HTGC, KBR, KOG, LINE, MDVN, MELI, MENT, MNST, MTZ, NGD, NMBL, NOG, OLED, OVTI, PKT, PODD, REGI, ROST, SD, SFM, SLXP, SPLK, SPNC, SQNM, SWN, TESO, TUMI, UHS, WES, WG, WTR, XTEX, YOKU
Feb. 26, 2014, 5:35 PM
- AHT, AIRM, AL, ALIM, AMRN, APEI, ARNA, ATLS, AVD, BAGL, BCEI, BID, BIO, CEMP, CHUY, CLNE, CRM, DCO, DECK, ELGX, EPR, EVC, GPS, HALO, HTGC, KBR, KOG, LINE, MDVN, MELI, MENT, MNST, MTZ, NGD, NMBL, NOG, OLED, OVTI, PKT, PODD, REGI, ROST, SD, SFM, SLXP, SPLK, SPNC, SQNM, SWN, TESO, TUMI, UHS, WES, WG, WTR, XTEX, YOKU
Jan. 10, 2014, 10:43 AM
- Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (IRWD +4.9%) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform at BMO. Price target is $16.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY +0.7%) upgraded to Overweight from Equalweight at Barclays. Price target hiked to $65 from $52.
- Sequenom (SQNM -3.4%) cut to Neutral from Overweight at Piper. Price target is $2.50.
- BioMarin (BMRN -2.2%) cut to Equalweight from Overweight at Barclays. Price target is $73.
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ -0.5%) cut to Equalweight from Overweight at Barclays. Price target is $99.
- Pfizer (PFE -0.6%) cut to Market Perform at Cowen. Price target is $34.
- Eli Lilly (LLY -0.4%) downgraded to Underweight from Equalweight at Barclays. Price target cut to $51 from $58.
- H.C. Wainwright starts Celsion (CLSN +7.7%) at Buy. Price target is $8.
- Orexigen (OREX +1.1%) initiated at Buy with a $9 target at Wallachbeth.
SQNM vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR