Jun. 4, 2014, 7:12 AM
May. 30, 2014, 5:36 PM
May. 2, 2014, 9:18 AM
May. 1, 2014, 5:44 PM
May. 1, 2014, 5:00 PM
May. 1, 2014, 4:20 PM
Mar. 6, 2014, 7:15 AM
- Sequenom's (SQNM) CEO, Harry Hixon, to retire on June 10, the date of the company's annual shareholders meeting.
- William J. Welch, President and COO, will replace him.
- Dr. Hixon will continue to serve as Chairman of the Board, pending reelection at the June meeting.
- Dirk van den Boom, PhD, promoted to Chief Scientific and Strategy Officer.
- Paul V. Maier, CFO, will also retire at the annual shareholders meeting. Carolyn D. Beaver, VP and Chief Accounting Officer will replace him.
- Press release
Feb. 27, 2014, 4:15 PM
Feb. 27, 2014, 9:29 AM
- Illumina's (ILMN +1.3%) cell-free DNA testing technology was more accurate than traditional techniques in diagnosing Down syndrome and Edwards syndrome.
- The false-positive rate of Illumina's cfDNA product was 0.3% for Down syndrome vs 3.6% for standard screening, and 0.2% for Edwards vs 0.6%.
- The study could lead to the testing in expectant mothers beyond only those considered at high risk for having babies with Down and Edwards syndromes.
- The results of the study were published in the New England Journal of Medicine.
- Three other companies in the U.S. provide cfDNA testing - Sequenom (SQNM +3%), Ariosa Diagnostics and Natera.
Feb. 27, 2014, 12:10 AM
- ACAD, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALIM, AMRN, APEI, ARNA, ATLS, AVD, BAGL, BCEI, BID, BIO, CEMP, CHUY, CLNE, CRM, DCO, DECK, ELGX, EPR, EVC, GPS, HALO, HTGC, KBR, KOG, LINE, MDVN, MELI, MENT, MNST, MTZ, NGD, NMBL, NOG, OLED, OVTI, PKT, PODD, REGI, ROST, SD, SFM, SLXP, SPLK, SPNC, SQNM, SWN, TESO, TUMI, UHS, WES, WG, WTR, XTEX, YOKU
Feb. 26, 2014, 5:35 PM
- AHT, AIRM, AL, ALIM, AMRN, APEI, ARNA, ATLS, AVD, BAGL, BCEI, BID, BIO, CEMP, CHUY, CLNE, CRM, DCO, DECK, ELGX, EPR, EVC, GPS, HALO, HTGC, KBR, KOG, LINE, MDVN, MELI, MENT, MNST, MTZ, NGD, NMBL, NOG, OLED, OVTI, PKT, PODD, REGI, ROST, SD, SFM, SLXP, SPLK, SPNC, SQNM, SWN, TESO, TUMI, UHS, WES, WG, WTR, XTEX, YOKU
Jan. 10, 2014, 10:43 AM
- Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (IRWD +4.9%) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform at BMO. Price target is $16.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY +0.7%) upgraded to Overweight from Equalweight at Barclays. Price target hiked to $65 from $52.
- Sequenom (SQNM -3.4%) cut to Neutral from Overweight at Piper. Price target is $2.50.
- BioMarin (BMRN -2.2%) cut to Equalweight from Overweight at Barclays. Price target is $73.
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ -0.5%) cut to Equalweight from Overweight at Barclays. Price target is $99.
- Pfizer (PFE -0.6%) cut to Market Perform at Cowen. Price target is $34.
- Eli Lilly (LLY -0.4%) downgraded to Underweight from Equalweight at Barclays. Price target cut to $51 from $58.
- H.C. Wainwright starts Celsion (CLSN +7.7%) at Buy. Price target is $8.
- Orexigen (OREX +1.1%) initiated at Buy with a $9 target at Wallachbeth.
Jan. 9, 2014, 9:11 AM| 3 Comments
Jan. 8, 2014, 6:27 PM
- Sequenom (SQNM) shares surge 10.2% in AH trading after the company announces it has received a patent for "Diagnosing Fetal Chromosomal Aneuploidy Using Genomic Sequencing" from the European Patent Office.
- The company states that it is "the first patent filing made in the EPO directed to such novel methods."
Dec. 27, 2013, 5:50 PM
Nov. 11, 2013, 3:51 PM
- Sequenom (SQNM -0.2%) gets a vote of confidence from Maxim's Bryan Brokmeier who reiterates the shares at Buy following the company's Q3 results.
- "The reimbursement environment remains challenging [but] we're increasingly optimistic," Brokmeier notes, citing the percentage of diagnostic revenue from international, the Q/Q rise in covered lives, and the fact that "all major national payers are reimbursing the MaterniT21."
- Price target is $6.
SQNM vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR