5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
There are 3 articles on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
PR Newswire (Mar 21, 2014)
PR Newswire (Mar 5, 2014)
PR Newswire (Mar 3, 2014)
PR Newswire (Feb 27, 2014)
Sequenom, Inc. Announces Date Of Fourth Quarter And Full Year 2013 Financial Results And Conference CallPR Newswire (Feb 13, 2014)
PR Newswire (Jan 14, 2014)
PR Newswire (Jan 12, 2014)
PR Newswire (Jan 8, 2014)
PR Newswire (Jan 6, 2014)
at MarketWatch.com (Sep 11, 2012)
at MarketWatch.com (Aug 28, 2012)
at MarketWatch.com (Jun 5, 2012)
at MarketWatch.com (May 18, 2012)
SQNM vs. ETF Alternatives
Thursday, Mar 67:15 AM
Thursday, Mar 67:15 AM| 3 Comments
- Sequenom's (SQNM) CEO, Harry Hixon, to retire on June 10, the date of the company's annual shareholders meeting.
- William J. Welch, President and COO, will replace him.
- Dr. Hixon will continue to serve as Chairman of the Board, pending reelection at the June meeting.
- Dirk van den Boom, PhD, promoted to Chief Scientific and Strategy Officer.
- Paul V. Maier, CFO, will also retire at the annual shareholders meeting. Carolyn D. Beaver, VP and Chief Accounting Officer will replace him.
- Press release
Thursday, Feb 274:15 PM
Thursday, Feb 279:29 AM
Thursday, Feb 279:29 AM| Comment!
- Illumina's (ILMN +1.3%) cell-free DNA testing technology was more accurate than traditional techniques in diagnosing Down syndrome and Edwards syndrome.
- The false-positive rate of Illumina's cfDNA product was 0.3% for Down syndrome vs 3.6% for standard screening, and 0.2% for Edwards vs 0.6%.
- The study could lead to the testing in expectant mothers beyond only those considered at high risk for having babies with Down and Edwards syndromes.
- The results of the study were published in the New England Journal of Medicine.
- Three other companies in the U.S. provide cfDNA testing - Sequenom (SQNM +3%), Ariosa Diagnostics and Natera.
Thursday, Feb 2712:10 AM
Thursday, Feb 2712:10 AM| 2 Comments
- ACAD, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALIM, AMRN, APEI, ARNA, ATLS, AVD, BAGL, BCEI, BID, BIO, CEMP, CHUY, CLNE, CRM, DCO, DECK, ELGX, EPR, EVC, GPS, HALO, HTGC, KBR, KOG, LINE, MDVN, MELI, MENT, MNST, MTZ, NGD, NMBL, NOG, OLED, OVTI, PKT, PODD, REGI, ROST, SD, SFM, SLXP, SPLK, SPNC, SQNM, SWN, TESO, TUMI, UHS, WES, WG, WTR, XTEX, YOKU
Wednesday, Feb 265:35 PM
Wednesday, Feb 265:35 PM| 6 Comments
- AHT, AIRM, AL, ALIM, AMRN, APEI, ARNA, ATLS, AVD, BAGL, BCEI, BID, BIO, CEMP, CHUY, CLNE, CRM, DCO, DECK, ELGX, EPR, EVC, GPS, HALO, HTGC, KBR, KOG, LINE, MDVN, MELI, MENT, MNST, MTZ, NGD, NMBL, NOG, OLED, OVTI, PKT, PODD, REGI, ROST, SD, SFM, SLXP, SPLK, SPNC, SQNM, SWN, TESO, TUMI, UHS, WES, WG, WTR, XTEX, YOKU
Friday, Jan 1010:43 AM
Friday, Jan 1010:43 AM| Comment!
- Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (IRWD +4.9%) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform at BMO. Price target is $16.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY +0.7%) upgraded to Overweight from Equalweight at Barclays. Price target hiked to $65 from $52.
- Sequenom (SQNM -3.4%) cut to Neutral from Overweight at Piper. Price target is $2.50.
- BioMarin (BMRN -2.2%) cut to Equalweight from Overweight at Barclays. Price target is $73.
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ -0.5%) cut to Equalweight from Overweight at Barclays. Price target is $99.
- Pfizer (PFE -0.6%) cut to Market Perform at Cowen. Price target is $34.
- Eli Lilly (LLY -0.4%) downgraded to Underweight from Equalweight at Barclays. Price target cut to $51 from $58.
- H.C. Wainwright starts Celsion (CLSN +7.7%) at Buy. Price target is $8.
- Orexigen (OREX +1.1%) initiated at Buy with a $9 target at Wallachbeth.
Thursday, Jan 99:11 AM|Thursday, Jan 99:11 AM| 3 Comments
Wednesday, Jan 86:27 PM
Wednesday, Jan 86:27 PM| 1 Comment
- Sequenom (SQNM) shares surge 10.2% in AH trading after the company announces it has received a patent for "Diagnosing Fetal Chromosomal Aneuploidy Using Genomic Sequencing" from the European Patent Office.
- The company states that it is "the first patent filing made in the EPO directed to such novel methods."
Friday, Dec 272013, 5:50 PM
Monday, Nov 112013, 3:51 PM
Monday, Nov 112013, 3:51 PM| Comment!
- Sequenom (SQNM -0.2%) gets a vote of confidence from Maxim's Bryan Brokmeier who reiterates the shares at Buy following the company's Q3 results.
- "The reimbursement environment remains challenging [but] we're increasingly optimistic," Brokmeier notes, citing the percentage of diagnostic revenue from international, the Q/Q rise in covered lives, and the fact that "all major national payers are reimbursing the MaterniT21."
- Price target is $6.
Friday, Nov 82013, 12:53 PM|Friday, Nov 82013, 12:53 PM| Comment!
Friday, Nov 82013, 9:22 AM
Friday, Nov 82013, 8:52 AM
Friday, Nov 82013, 8:52 AM| Comment!
- Sequenom (SQNM) rallies 24% premarket after reporting Q3 results Thursday evening.
- Revenues rose 92% Y/Y and 26% sequentially to $44M for the period thanks to "the continued adoption of the MaterniT21 PLUS test."
- Total tests accessioned: 48,300 (+87% Y/Y). MaterniT21 PLUS patient samples come in at 38,600 — that's +2% Q/Q, as the company notes that "the laboratory increased its focus on tests with acceptable reimbursement."
- Medicaid tests as a percentage of MaterniT21 PLUS tests accessioned: 21%, down from 26% in Q2 (17% in September).
- Uncollected amounts outstanding for tests delivered that were not recognized as revenue upon delivery: $46-51M.
- Annualized run rate for MaterniT21 PLUS test as of quarter's end: 150K+ samples.
- SQNM notes that "the October 30 summary judgment does not impact the current competitive landscape, as the company has competed without the benefit of the patent being recognized." For more on this, see here. (PR)
Thursday, Nov 72013, 4:12 PM
Thursday, Oct 312013, 12:45 PM|Thursday, Oct 312013, 12:45 PM| Comment!
Thursday, Oct 312013, 10:57 AM|Thursday, Oct 312013, 10:57 AM| Comment!