Detailed Analysis Of Sarepta's Ebola Virus Cocktail: Full Phase I Clinical Trial Analysis For Non-Scientists
- Sarepta's Ebola Virus cocktails (AVI-6002) showed decent safety and tolerability in a single ascending dose escalation study in healthy volunteers. Based on initial pk, multi-day dosing may be required.
- Adverse events were generally minor and included GI effects, nausea, and headaches. There was 1 case of moderate uveitis which should be closely monitored.
- Treatment with AVI-6002 in the mouse, guinea pig, and rhesus monkey infected with Ebola showed high levels of survival.
- The next step is to show if preclinical animal efficacy translates into humans and if a longer regimen is has a clean enough in vivo profile.
- As the hype dies down on Ebola news, so will the Sarepta share price. Sarepta's most important asset by far is Eteplirsen, the Duchenne muscular dystrophy drug hopeful.