From other sites
at MarketWatch.com (Wed, 7:32AM)
at Zacks.com (Nov 18, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Aug 21, 2014)
at CNBC.com (May 21, 2014)
at CNBC.com (May 14, 2014)
Update: Sears Canada's Q3 2014 Earnings Highlight Risks To Its Value As A Real Estate Play
- Comparable sales fell 9.5% in Q3 2014.
- Sears Canada is monetizing its remaining real estate too slowly given its rate of cash burn.
- Target's struggles in Canada may decrease the value of Sears Canada's real estate too.
- It is difficult to recommend Sears Canada when it has significantly negative EBITDA.
Sears Canada Subscription Rights Watch: What Usually Happens
- I draw on my European experience to explain what's most likely to happen to the Sears Canada subscription rights.
- The rights were initially mispriced - they were too high because of buying pressure from short sellers.
- Now, as time goes by, the rights are likely to suffer increasing selling pressure from institutions.
Update: A Chance To Sell Sears Canada Rights At An Artificially High Level
- The Sears Canada rights have started trading.
- Due to pressure from Sears shorts, these rights are trading at an artificially high level.
- This is a selling opportunity for Sears longs.
There are no Transcripts on SRSC.
Wed, Oct. 15, 7:56 AM
Tue, Aug. 5, 2:13 AM
- Sycamore Partners, a private equity firm which recently bought Jones Group, Talbots and Hot Topic, is considering a bid for Sears Canada (OTCPK:SEARF), reports New York Post.
- Eddie Lampert, the hedge-fund billionaire who controls Sears and its Canadian counterpart, expects up to $2B for the 176-store chain.
- Sears Canada has recently fallen on hard times, with increased competition from U.S. rivals Wal-Mart and Target who have been aggressively expanding in Canada.
Aug. 22, 2013, 6:47 AM| 1 Comment
Apr. 17, 2012, 2:33 PMSears Holdings-owned (SHLD +0.1%) Sears Canada (SEARF.PK) plans to focus on appliance and tool sales as a major part of its 3-year turnaround plan. Other initiatives include price-slashing measures and new test stores in the Toronto area. Despite reporting slumping profits, Sears Canada suffers from this same affliction as its U.S. namesake...a soaring stock price. SEARF.PK +34.5% YTD, SHLD +82.1%. | 4 Comments
SRSC vs. ETF Alternatives
Sears Canada Inc is engaged in merchandising and include the sale of goods & services through the company's Retail channels, which includes its Full-line, Sears Home, Hometown Dealer, Outlet, Appliances & Mattresses & Corbeil stores.
Other News & PR