5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
There are no Transcripts on SSEZY.
There are no News articles on SSEZY.
SSEZY vs. ETF Alternatives
Monday, Feb 108:19 AM
Monday, Feb 108:19 AM| Comment!
- Centrica (CPYYF, CPYYY) -3% in London trading after U.K. energy minister Ed Davey singles out the British Gas owner in the government's announcement that it is reviewing how the country's biggest utilities supply natural gas to households, threatening to break up any company it determines is wielding monopolistic powers.
- British Gas has the largest share of the U.K. domestic supply market and, according to Davey, has charged households among the highest prices during the past three years while being on average the most profitable energy provider.
- SSE (SSEZY, SSEZF), another of the "big six" utilities which dominate the British market, are down more than 1%.
Friday, Nov 292013, 1:35 PM
Friday, Nov 292013, 1:35 PM| 1 Comment
- The U.K. government has asked the country's six biggest energy suppliers to freeze prices for gas and electricity, barring any major increase in wholesale fuel costs, until the 2015 election, BBC reports.
- The government seeks the commitment as part of a wider deal with firms that could cut annual bills by ~£50, and it wants to avoid another round of price rises that could be blamed on government green levies.
- Britain's "big six" energy companies, British Gas owner Centrica (CPYYF, CPYYY), SSE (SSEZF, SSEZY), RWE's npower (RWEOY), Iberdrola's Scottish Power (IBDRY, IBDSF), EDF Energy and Eon (EONGY), supply ~98% of the country's homes.
Instablogs are blogs which are instantly set up and networked within the Seeking Alpha community. Instablog posts are not selected, edited or screened by Seeking Alpha editors, in contrast to contributors' articles.