Quote & Headlines
5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
To learn more about Seeking Alpha PRO, click here.
There are no News articles on SSNGY.
SSNGY vs. ETF Alternatives
Currently, there's no company description for SSNGY.
Friday, Oct 252:21 AMSamsung net profit surges 25%
Friday, Oct 252:21 AM| Comment!
- Samsung's (SSNLF, SSNGY) Q3 net profit, excluding minority interest, jumped 25% to 8.05T won ($7.76B), above forecasts of 7.94T won.
- Sales climbed 13.2% to 59T won.
- Operating profit +26% to 10.16T won, but that represents a slowdown from 47.5% growth in Q2.
- Operating profit at the mobile unit rose 19% to 6.7T won, with smartphone shipments climbing in the "mid-10% range" and tablet sales in the "mid-20%" range.
- Operating profit at the chip division more than doubled to a three-year high of 2.06T won, boosted by stronger chip prices and tighter supply
- Income at the consumer-electronics division dropped to 3450B won from 400B won, while earnings at the display division fell to 980B won from 1.17T.
- Samsung expects an extra $1.5T won ($1.4B) payment from Corning (GLW) after the latter agreed to acquire the South Korean company's display unit out of their LCD glass joint venture.
- Samsung's shares -0.2% in Seoul. (PR)