5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
There are no News articles on SSNGY.
SSNGY vs. ETF Alternatives
Currently, there's no company description for SSNGY.
Wednesday, Nov 62013, 3:48 AM
Wednesday, Nov 62013, 3:48 AM| 2 Comments
- In a move that would make it easier for U.S. investors to trade its shares, Samsung Electronics (SSNLF, SSNGY) is considering listing American Depositary Receipts, CFO Lee Sang-hoon said today at the South Korean giant's first analyst meeting in eight years. Any decision would be "based on the global economic recovery and changes to Korean equity market functioning in relation to the global market."
- Samsung is also considering a dividend payout of 1% of its average stock price vs a current dividend yield of 0.54%. "We will put more emphasis on direct shareholder returns," Lee said.
- Samsung's investor day and deliberations come amid a stagnating share price, pressure to return some of its cash mountain - which is over $50B - to shareholders, and criticism over its communications.
- Samsung intends to make more international acquisitions across a wide range of fields as it looks to expand beyond its core consumer-electronics operations. The company has invested $1B in 14 firms since 2010, including in Sharp and Medison.
- The consumer-electronics firm is targeting annual sales of $400B by 2020 vs a possible $219B this year, as forecast by analysts.