- Silver Standard Resources Soared After The News That It Purchased The Marigold Mine From Goldcorp and Barrick.
- Investors Though Were Overlooking The Negatives Of The Project And The Issues That Silver Standard Faces.
- Pirquitas, Its Flagship Silver Mine In Argentina, Is Running Out Of Mine Life.
- Pitarrilla, Its Major Project In Mexico, Is Uneconomical At Current Prices and Faces Permitting Issues.
- Silver Standard Had An Exceptional Balance Sheet Last Year Due To Its Large Cash Position, Now That Cash Position Has Dwindled.