Fri, May 15, 5:38 PM
Wed, May 13, 12:45 PM
Wed, May 13, 12:03 AM
Mon, May 11, 5:35 PM
Thu, Feb. 19, 11:04 PM
Wed, Feb. 18, 5:35 PM
Wed, Jan. 14, 5:26 PM
- Silver Standard Resources (NASDAQ:SSRI) +6.3% AH after reporting Q4 production of 2.2M oz. of silver and 67.1K oz. of gold, as well as silver sales of 2.8M oz., gold sales of 68.7K oz. and zinc sales of 8.7M lbs.
- SSRI says it achieved record full-year silver (8.7M oz.) and zinc production (30M lbs.) at the Pirquitas mine in Argentina.
- SSRI forecasts FY 2015 silver production of 9M-10M oz., gold production of 160K-175K oz. and zinc production of 10M-12M.
- Says its expects 2015 exploration and development expenditures to remain at a reduced level of $15M.
Dec. 30, 2014, 4:18 PM
- With the dollar falling against the yen and pound and a minor flight to safety afoot - Treasurys are higher, stocks have closed moderately lower - COMEX gold is up 1.4% today to $1,197/oz., and COMEX silver is up 2.6% to $16.20/oz. The gains have provided a lift to the volatile/beaten-down shares of gold and silver miners.
- Notable gold gainers: IAG +11.7%. ABX +3.6%. AUY +5.2%. NEM +3.6%. GG +4.6%. AU +4.2%. SBGL +4.9%. KGC +4.1%. AGI +5%. AEM +5.1%.
- Notable silver gainers: AG +7.6%. SVM +7.1%. SSRI +6.2%. SVM +6.4%. PAAS +3.9%. SVLC +5.2%. EXK +6.9%.
- ETFs with 3%+ gains: NUGT +10.1%. GDXJ +5.1%. USLV +9.7%. UBG +5.4%. USV +3.8%. SIVR +3.4%. AGQ +6.3%. BAR +3.2%. DBS +3.2%.
- The group rallied on Friday after the PBOC relaxed lending rules for banks, but sold off on Monday.
Dec. 26, 2014, 3:34 PM
- Spurred by hopes China's efforts to relax lending rules are a sign that broader (inflation-boosting) stimulus efforts are on tap, gold and silver prices are rallying, and taking the shares of miners up with them. COMEX gold is up 1.8% to $1,194.50/oz., and COMEX silver is up 2.5% to $16.11/oz. GLD +1.7%. SLV +2.2%.
- Gold stocks: AUY +3%. GG +4.6%. AGI +4.1%. ABX +3.4%. KGC +3.7%. GFI +3.7%.
- Silver stocks: SLW +2.3%. SSRI +6.9%. PAAS +1.9%. AG +3.6%. CDE +4.1%. HL +4.2%. SVM +6.8%. EXK +5.4%. TAHO +5.3%.
- Like many other commodities names, the group was hit hard a month ago when crude prices plunged in response to OPEC's decision to leave oil production unchanged.
- ETFs: AGQ, IAU, USLV, SIVR, SGOL, ZSL, UGL, DGP, GLL, UGLD, DZZ, SLVO, GLDI, DSLV, OUNZ, DGL, DBS, DGZ, DGLD, AGOL, TBAR, USV, UBG, GLDE, BAR, GYEN, GEUR, BARS, GGBP
Dec. 12, 2014, 9:12 AM
- Silver Standard Resources (NASDAQ:SSRI) announces the addition of mineral resources at the Marigold mine in Nevada with higher gold grade mineralization.
- The resources lie within the limits of Marigold's existing plan of operations at the southern end of the 8 South pit.
- SSRI says the results of its 2014 drill program have exceeded expectations due to the gold grade encountered and the proximity to the historical 8 South pit.
Nov. 28, 2014, 1:21 PM
- Already hit hard over the last two years by declining prices, gold and silver miners saw more pain today as commodity stocks in general got hammered thanks to OPEC's decision not to slash crude production.
- Decliners: ABX -8%. GG -6.1%. AUY -9.8%. KGC -8.2%. GFI -9.9%. SLW -7%. NEM -5.8%. AGI -6.9%. PAAS -9%. AG -15.4%. SSRI -11.6%. CDE -11.4%. HL -8.8%. TAHO -7.8%.
- Previous: Precious metals slide alongside oil; Swiss vote ahead
Nov. 7, 2014, 5:35 PM
Nov. 5, 2014, 5:07 PM| Comment!
Oct. 31, 2014, 9:06 AM
Oct. 8, 2014, 9:49 AM
- Silver Standard Resources (SSRI +6.1%) says Q3 gold production at its Marigold mine in Nevada totaled 40,442 oz., up 83% Q/Q and 23% higher than company guidance of 33K oz.; as a result, SSRI says the mine is on track to exceed 2014 production guidance.
- Says its Pirquitas mine in Argentina produced a quarterly record 2.6M oz. of silver, up 25% Q/Q, and 7M lbs. of zinc; SSRI says the mine is on track to deliver full-year guidance.
Oct. 7, 2014, 5:34 PM
- Silver Standard's (NASDAQ:SSRI) updated resource and mine plan for its Marigold mine in Nevada shows a project capable of producing ~187K oz./year of gold over its remaining nine years of active mining, at all-in sustaining costs of $986/oz.
- Cowen maintains its Outperform rating on the shares, saying its updated NAV of ~$323M for the asset further confirms its position that SSRI's $275M acquisition price was a value-accretive transaction, and that Marigold will be a free cash flow-producing asset for the company going forward (Briefing.com).
SSRI vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR