Mon, Jul. 27, 5:37 PM
Mon, Jun. 8, 5:37 PM
Fri, May 15, 5:38 PM
Wed, May 13, 12:45 PM
Wed, Jan. 14, 5:26 PM
- Silver Standard Resources (NASDAQ:SSRI) +6.3% AH after reporting Q4 production of 2.2M oz. of silver and 67.1K oz. of gold, as well as silver sales of 2.8M oz., gold sales of 68.7K oz. and zinc sales of 8.7M lbs.
- SSRI says it achieved record full-year silver (8.7M oz.) and zinc production (30M lbs.) at the Pirquitas mine in Argentina.
- SSRI forecasts FY 2015 silver production of 9M-10M oz., gold production of 160K-175K oz. and zinc production of 10M-12M.
- Says its expects 2015 exploration and development expenditures to remain at a reduced level of $15M.
Dec. 30, 2014, 4:18 PM
- With the dollar falling against the yen and pound and a minor flight to safety afoot - Treasurys are higher, stocks have closed moderately lower - COMEX gold is up 1.4% today to $1,197/oz., and COMEX silver is up 2.6% to $16.20/oz. The gains have provided a lift to the volatile/beaten-down shares of gold and silver miners.
- Notable gold gainers: IAG +11.7%. ABX +3.6%. AUY +5.2%. NEM +3.6%. GG +4.6%. AU +4.2%. SBGL +4.9%. KGC +4.1%. AGI +5%. AEM +5.1%.
- Notable silver gainers: AG +7.6%. SVM +7.1%. SSRI +6.2%. SVM +6.4%. PAAS +3.9%. SVLC +5.2%. EXK +6.9%.
- ETFs with 3%+ gains: NUGT +10.1%. GDXJ +5.1%. USLV +9.7%. UBG +5.4%. USV +3.8%. SIVR +3.4%. AGQ +6.3%. BAR +3.2%. DBS +3.2%.
- The group rallied on Friday after the PBOC relaxed lending rules for banks, but sold off on Monday.
Dec. 26, 2014, 3:34 PM
- Spurred by hopes China's efforts to relax lending rules are a sign that broader (inflation-boosting) stimulus efforts are on tap, gold and silver prices are rallying, and taking the shares of miners up with them. COMEX gold is up 1.8% to $1,194.50/oz., and COMEX silver is up 2.5% to $16.11/oz. GLD +1.7%. SLV +2.2%.
- Gold stocks: AUY +3%. GG +4.6%. AGI +4.1%. ABX +3.4%. KGC +3.7%. GFI +3.7%.
- Silver stocks: SLW +2.3%. SSRI +6.9%. PAAS +1.9%. AG +3.6%. CDE +4.1%. HL +4.2%. SVM +6.8%. EXK +5.4%. TAHO +5.3%.
- Like many other commodities names, the group was hit hard a month ago when crude prices plunged in response to OPEC's decision to leave oil production unchanged.
- ETFs: AGQ, IAU, USLV, SIVR, SGOL, ZSL, UGL, DGP, GLL, UGLD, DZZ, SLVO, GLDI, DSLV, OUNZ, DGL, DBS, DGZ, DGLD, AGOL, TBAR, USV, UBG, GLDE, BAR, GYEN, GEUR, BARS, GGBP
Nov. 28, 2014, 1:21 PM
- Already hit hard over the last two years by declining prices, gold and silver miners saw more pain today as commodity stocks in general got hammered thanks to OPEC's decision not to slash crude production.
- Decliners: ABX -8%. GG -6.1%. AUY -9.8%. KGC -8.2%. GFI -9.9%. SLW -7%. NEM -5.8%. AGI -6.9%. PAAS -9%. AG -15.4%. SSRI -11.6%. CDE -11.4%. HL -8.8%. TAHO -7.8%.
- Previous: Precious metals slide alongside oil; Swiss vote ahead
Nov. 7, 2014, 5:35 PM
Oct. 31, 2014, 9:06 AM
Oct. 8, 2014, 9:49 AM
- Silver Standard Resources (SSRI +6.1%) says Q3 gold production at its Marigold mine in Nevada totaled 40,442 oz., up 83% Q/Q and 23% higher than company guidance of 33K oz.; as a result, SSRI says the mine is on track to exceed 2014 production guidance.
- Says its Pirquitas mine in Argentina produced a quarterly record 2.6M oz. of silver, up 25% Q/Q, and 7M lbs. of zinc; SSRI says the mine is on track to deliver full-year guidance.
May 9, 2014, 3:41 PM
- Silver Standard (SSRI -10.6%) slides ~10% after posting a Q1 loss of $0.21/share vs. an anticipated loss of $0.13 and a $0.06 loss a year earlier, while revenues fell by nearly a third Y/Y.
- Produced 1.9M oz. of silver and 8.8M lbs. of zinc during Q1, on track to meet production guidance for the year.
- The Pirquitas mine produced 1.9M oz. of silver and 8.8M lbs. of zinc, both double-digit Q/Q declines reflecting a lower average head grade and recovery.
Mar. 17, 2014, 5:50 PM
Mar. 3, 2014, 9:55 AM
- Gold futures are surging in the wake of the crisis in Ukraine, and that's giving precious metals miners a big boost in early trading.
- AU +5.2%, GOLD +5%, GFI +4.6%, MUX +4.1%, BVN +3.9%, MVG +3.6%, SSRI +3.3%, IAG +3.2%, BTG +3.1%, HMY +3.1%, EXK +3.1%, ABX +2.8%, AUY +2.8%, SA +2.8%, SLW +2.7%, GG +2.7%, NEM +2.6%, HL +2.6%, KGC +2.3%, AGI +2.2%, AG +1.9%, NG +1.9%, PPP +1.8%, AUQ +1.6%, PAAS +1.2%, NGD +1%.
- ETFs: GDX, GDXJ, NUGT, DUST, SIL, GLDX, JNUG, SLVP, RING, SILJ, GGGG, JDST, PSAU
Jan. 29, 2014, 9:49 AM
- As equities open in a broad-based decline, precious metals miners show early strength: ABX +4.1%, NG +4.1%, EXK +3.7%, GG +3.7%, IAG +3.3%, SA +2.9%, AG +2.8%, SSRI +3.1%, AUY +2.7%, GOLD +2.5%, NEM +2.3%, MVG +2.3%, SLW +2.2%, PAAS +2.2%, AU +2.1%, KGC +2.2% (Briefing.com).
- ETFs: GLD, SLV, GDX, GDXJ, NUGT, IAU, AGQ, PHYS, DUST, SIL, SIVR, USLV, ZSL, SGOL, UGL, DGP, GLL, GLDX, DZZ, UGLD, DGL, DSLV, DBS, SLVP, GLTR, DGZ, AGOL, DBP, JNUG, DGLD, GLDI, RING, GGGG, SLVO, WITE, SILJ, PSAU, TBAR, JDST, USV, UBG, JJP, RGRP, BLNG.
Dec. 13, 2013, 5:39 PM
SSRI vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR