Feb. 21, 2014, 9:05 AM| Comment!
Feb. 21, 2014, 7:39 AM
Feb. 21, 2014, 12:05 AM
Feb. 20, 2014, 5:30 PM
Jan. 22, 2014, 1:24 PM
- A report from NPD which pegged premium cable subscription growth in a 6% decline has the industry issuing fierce rebuttals.
- HBO (TWX), Showtime (CBS), and Starz (STRZA) have all released data showing significant subscriber gains.
- By the subscriber numbers: Starz +1.2M to 22M in the 12 months leading up to the end of Q3; HBO +1.9M in 2012; Showtime 22.8M subscribers at the end of Q3.
- NPD pulled the disputed report off its website as it investigates its methodology.
Jan. 21, 2014, 7:38 AM
Jan. 10, 2014, 11:53 AM
- Starz (STRZA +2.4%) will celebrate its one-year anniversary as a standalone company next week.
- While investors will marvel at the 116% gain they have racked up over the period, the fun might not be over just yet.
- The company will now be allowed to have sales talks amid great speculation that the media asset is highly-coveted.
- Potential bidders: Cablevision (CVC), CBS (CBS), Viacom (VIAB), 21st Century Fox (FOXA)
Dec. 19, 2013, 9:11 AM
- Consolidation in the media industry will involve more than just deals between heavyweights such as Time Warner Cable, Charter Communication, Cox, and Comcast, according to analysis from MoffettNathanson.
- Due to the negotiating leverage of broadcast networks and sports rights owners, the investment firm sees subscale content owners combining forces in the sector.
- On watch: Discovery Communications (DISCA), Scripps Network Interactive (SNI), AMC Networks (AMCX), Starz (STRZA), Madison Square Garden (MSG).
- Related ETFs: PBS
Dec. 4, 2013, 11:14 AM
- Execs with Starz (STRZA +0.6%) gave an inside look at the company's plans during an investor conference this morning.
- CFO Scott McDonald says a favorable renewal of an output agreement with Sony and the expiration of a Disney deal will allow the company to ramp up original programming to 65-75 hours by 2017.
- Despite the increased focus on original content, the company plans to retain strong first-run and popular movies. The goal is to increase Starz standing as a premium service for cable packages.
- McDonald brushed aside questions on if the media concern will entertain acquisition overtures.
- Webcast from BofA's 2013 Leveraged Finance Conference
Nov. 13, 2013, 1:13 PM
- Starz (STRZA +1.8%) CEO Chris Albrecht thinks his company is on the right track by planning on airing 50 hours of original programming a week in 2014.
- The exec reasons if the company get enough "at bats" it will one out of the park before too long.
- Expect more of the same when Albrecht hits the stage at Starz' First Annual Investor Meeting later today.
Nov. 6, 2013, 12:56 PM| 1 Comment
Nov. 6, 2013, 7:45 AM
Nov. 6, 2013, 12:05 AM| Comment!
Nov. 5, 2013, 5:30 PM| Comment!
Aug. 28, 2013, 12:29 PM
Aug. 1, 2013, 9:44 AM
STRZA vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR