Wed, Sep. 16, 9:56 AM
- Beer stocks are in party mode with Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD +6.9%) closing in on making an offer for SABMiller (OTCPK:SBMRY +20.5%).
- Consolidation within the industry is seen supporting pricing and raising the M&A profile of large and smaller players alike.
- Gainers: Heineken ADRs (OTCQX:HEINY) +3.7%, Diageo (NYSE:DEO) +2.9%, Molson Coors (NYSE:TAP) +14.5%, Carlsberg (OTCPK:CABGY) +3.7%, Craft Brew Alliance (OTCPK:CABGY) +3.7%, Constellation Brands (NYSE:STZ) +0.8%, Boston Beer (NYSE:SAM) +1.6%.
- Previously: AB InBev prepping offer for SABMiller (Sep. 16 2015)
- Previously: Molson Coors pops with A-B circling SABMiller (Sep. 16 2015)
Thu, Apr. 9, 9:00 AM
- Beer segment sales grew 10.6% to $661M primarily due to volume growth driven by continued strong consumer demand.
- Gross margin rate +118 bps to 43.75%
- Operating margin rate -40 bps to 25.8%.
- FY2016 Guidance: Beer segment sales: high-single digit growth; Wine & Spirits segment sales: low-to-mid-single digit growth; Beer operating income: +10% to +12%; Wine & Spirits operating income: low-to-mid-single digit growth; Interest expense: $325M to $335M; Tax rate: ~30.5%; Weighted average diluted shares outstanding: ~204M; Diluted EPS: $4.55 to $4.75; Adjusted diluted EPS: $4.70 to $4.90; Free cash flow: ~$100M to $200M; Operating cash flow: ~$1.15B to $1.35B; Capex: ~$1.05B to $1.15B; Capex for Beer segment: $950M to $1.05B.
- STZ -1.22% premarket.
Thu, Jan. 8, 10:01 AM
- Beer stocks are getting some early run after Constellation Brands (STZ +4.8%) reports strong volume numbers for Q4.
- The company sells Corona Extra, Corona Light, Modelo Especial, Negra Modelo, and Pacifico in the U.S.
- Channel checks in the industry have tipped off an improvement in demand for the U.S. late in Q4.
- Gainers: Anheuser-Busch InBev (NYSE:BUD) +2.5%, Molson Coors (NYSE:TAP) +2.4%, SABMiller (OTCPK:SBMRY) +2.5%, Boston Beer (NYSE:SM) +1.0%.
- Related: Retail picks tied to lower gas prices.
Jul. 2, 2014, 9:15 AM
Jul. 2, 2014, 7:49 AM
- Shares of Constellation Brands (STZ) move higher in premarket action after the company records a healthy FQ1 earnings beat and lifts its guidance.
- The beer segment saw sales increase 14% on strong volume numbers to help offset a minor dip in wine and spirits sales.
- The company's operating margin improved to 26.5% during the quarter.
- STZ +6.9% premarket
Jul. 2, 2014, 7:41 AM
Apr. 9, 2014, 8:15 AM
- Constellation Brands (STZ) reports strong volume gains from Crown's commercial beer business. Corona Extra and Modelo Especial were the two brands with the most impressive performance.
- Profit from wine and spirits operations was higher due to lower product related costs during the period.
- The company sees mid-to-high single digit growth in its beer segment to outpace the type of gains put in recently by peers.
- FY15 EPS guidance is set at $3.95-$4.15 vs. $3.95 consensus.
- STZ +4.3% premarket
Apr. 9, 2014, 7:47 AM
Jan. 8, 2014, 9:11 AM
Jan. 8, 2014, 8:02 AM
- Constellations Brands (STZ) reports strong growth trends during its FQ3 as all of its core beer brands showed volume gains.
- Wine and spirits sales grew 3% as volume gains were partially offset by a more promotional stance.
- The company says it expects free cash flow of $525M to $575M for FY14.
- STZ +6.1% premarket
Jan. 8, 2014, 7:48 AM
May 16, 2013, 8:51 AMStifel Nicolaus upgrades Constellation Brands (STZ) to a Buy rating from Hold and places a $64 price target on shares. Analysts with the firm think valuation is attractive at current levels with the company's higher-end beers outperforming peers. STZ +1.5% premarket. | May 16, 2013, 8:51 AM | Comment!
Apr. 8, 2013, 8:01 AMShares of Constellations Brands (STZ) move up 4.2% in premarket trading after a tentative agreement is struck between the DOJ and Anheuser-Busch InBev over the Grupo Modelo buyout. The deal includes A-B offering to sell an additional $2.9B of assets to Constellation Brands in order to win over regulators. | Apr. 8, 2013, 8:01 AM | Comment!
Mar. 15, 2013, 6:07 PMConstellation Brands (STZ) +3.1% AH as AB InBev (BUD), Grupo Modelo and the Justice Department ask a federal court to allow more time for settlement talks that could resolve a government lawsuit challenging the companies' planned merger. After DoJ sued to stop the deal, BUD agreed to sell a Modelo brewery in Mexico to STZ for $2.9B and grant STZ perpetual rights for Corona and other Modelo brands in the U.S. | Mar. 15, 2013, 6:07 PM | 1 Comment
Feb. 14, 2013, 12:46 PM
Feb. 14, 2013, 9:10 AM
STZ vs. ETF Alternatives
Constellation Brands Inc is an international beverage alcohol company with many of its products recognized as leaders in their respective categories and geographic markets. It is a multi-category supplier (beer, wine & spirits) of beverage alcohol in US.
Other News & PR