Dec. 30, 2014, 4:18 PM
- With the dollar falling against the yen and pound and a minor flight to safety afoot - Treasurys are higher, stocks have closed moderately lower - COMEX gold is up 1.4% today to $1,197/oz., and COMEX silver is up 2.6% to $16.20/oz. The gains have provided a lift to the volatile/beaten-down shares of gold and silver miners.
- Notable gold gainers: IAG +11.7%. ABX +3.6%. AUY +5.2%. NEM +3.6%. GG +4.6%. AU +4.2%. SBGL +4.9%. KGC +4.1%. AGI +5%. AEM +5.1%.
- Notable silver gainers: AG +7.6%. SVM +7.1%. SSRI +6.2%. SVM +6.4%. PAAS +3.9%. SVLC +5.2%. EXK +6.9%.
- ETFs with 3%+ gains: NUGT +10.1%. GDXJ +5.1%. USLV +9.7%. UBG +5.4%. USV +3.8%. SIVR +3.4%. AGQ +6.3%. BAR +3.2%. DBS +3.2%.
- The group rallied on Friday after the PBOC relaxed lending rules for banks, but sold off on Monday.
Dec. 26, 2014, 3:34 PM
- Spurred by hopes China's efforts to relax lending rules are a sign that broader (inflation-boosting) stimulus efforts are on tap, gold and silver prices are rallying, and taking the shares of miners up with them. COMEX gold is up 1.8% to $1,194.50/oz., and COMEX silver is up 2.5% to $16.11/oz. GLD +1.7%. SLV +2.2%.
- Gold stocks: AUY +3%. GG +4.6%. AGI +4.1%. ABX +3.4%. KGC +3.7%. GFI +3.7%.
- Silver stocks: SLW +2.3%. SSRI +6.9%. PAAS +1.9%. AG +3.6%. CDE +4.1%. HL +4.2%. SVM +6.8%. EXK +5.4%. TAHO +5.3%.
- Like many other commodities names, the group was hit hard a month ago when crude prices plunged in response to OPEC's decision to leave oil production unchanged.
- ETFs: AGQ, IAU, USLV, SIVR, SGOL, ZSL, UGL, DGP, GLL, UGLD, DZZ, SLVO, GLDI, DSLV, OUNZ, DGL, DBS, DGZ, DGLD, AGOL, TBAR, USV, UBG, GLDE, BAR, GYEN, GEUR, BARS, GGBP
Dec. 22, 2014, 9:17 AM
Nov. 14, 2014, 12:46 PM
Nov. 14, 2014, 9:13 AM
Jul. 3, 2014, 3:07 PM
Apr. 24, 2014, 5:41 PM
Feb. 14, 2014, 11:17 AM
- Silvercorp (SVM -11.9%) shares plunge after the miner reported FQ3 earnings fell to $0.01/share from $0.03 and sales slumped to $24M from $59M, both figures below analyst estimates, and slashed its dividend by 80%.
- SVM says results were hurt by lower metal production as silver, lead and zinc production fell 42%, 45%, and 58% Q/Q respectively, and a significantly lower net realized silver price of $16.20/oz., down 35% Q/Q.
- Gross margin was 44% vs. 64% in FQ2; cash flow from operations was $9.9M vs. $27.8M in the previous quarter.
Feb. 14, 2014, 9:13 AM
May. 22, 2013, 5:15 PM
Apr. 15, 2013, 9:15 AMPremarket gainers: S +16%. SVA +13%. BCRX +10%. LIFE +8%. NFP +7%. MGT +7%. TMO +6%. THRX +5%. NVAX +5%.
Losers: AAU -15%. MTL -10%. AUQ -11%. HMY -9%. NGD -8%. CEF -8%. SLW -8%. SAND -9%. KGC -7%. AUY -7%. GOLD -7%. MUX -7%. DSCO -7%. IAG -6%. SVM -6%. GG -6%. PAAS -6%. EGO -6%. AU -5%. CDE -5%. | Comment!
Apr. 2, 2013, 2:42 PMThe SEC reportedly is investigating Silvercorp Metals (SVM -9.2%) and has issued a subpoena requesting all documentation relating to the miner’s long-running battle with short sellers. SVM has denied any wrongdoing, but the subpoena, issued March 15, is the first indication U.S. securities regulators are actively investigating the Canadian company. | 3 Comments
Dec. 17, 2012, 3:59 PMSilvercorp Metals (SVM -6.3%) says power to the area in China's Ying Mining District, where three mines are located, will be temporarily suspended due to work by the local power authority. SVM expects the power suspension will result in a reduction of ~5,000 metric tons of ore production; the main SGX mine will not be affected as its power is supplied through a different line. | Comment!
Nov. 13, 2012, 3:35 PMSilvercorp Metals (SVM -3.5%) slips following a negative article by short seller Alfred Little focusing last week's resignation of exec Lorne Waldman. Little suspects Waldman resigned "because he is an honest, well-intentioned individual who could no longer tolerate Rui Feng’s completely unjustifiable quest for revenge... [he] wisely abandoned a sinking ship." | 3 Comments
Sep. 6, 2012, 8:45 AM
Aug. 27, 2012, 11:21 AMSilvercorp Metals (SVM +1.6%) reports H1 results of its ongoing underground diamond drilling program at its TLP mine in China. SVM says the program has succeeded in further defining the known mineralization zones as well as extending the major mineralized vein structures downdip and along strike. | 6 Comments
SVM vs. ETF Alternatives
Silvercorp Metals Inc is engaged in the acquisition, exploration, development, and mining of precious and base metal mineral properties. The Company's producing mines are in China, with current exploration and development projects in China and Canada.
Other News & PR