Tue, Apr. 28, 9:02 AM
- Supervalu (NYSE:SVU) reports identical-store sales for the Save-A-Lot network rose 3.6% in Q1.
- The Retail Food segment saw identical-stores sales increase 1.1%.
- Gross profit rate +20 bps to 15.1%.
- SG&A expense rate +20 bps to 12.0%.
- Operating earnings rate +10 bps to 3.2%.
- Previously: SUPERVALU beats by $0.03, misses on revenue
- SVU -1.3% premarket.
Tue, Apr. 28, 8:02 AM
Wed, Jan. 7, 8:37 AM
- Supervalu (NYSE:SVU) reports identical stores sales were up 6.9% in FQ3 for the Save-A-Lot network and 2.3% for the company's Retail Food segment.
- Gross profit rate -10 bps to 14.1%.
- SG&A expense rate +130 bps to 12.8%.
- The mix of revenue from the Independent Business segment is now up to 46.6% following the sale last year of the Albertson's, Acme, Jewel-Osco, Shaws, and Star Market chains.
- SVU +3.9% premarket.
Wed, Jan. 7, 8:03 AM
Tue, Jan. 6, 5:30 PM
Oct. 16, 2014, 8:03 AM
Oct. 15, 2014, 5:30 PM
Jul. 24, 2014, 3:21 PM
- Supervalu's (SVU +1.9%) Q2 earnings were cut nearly in half and revenues slipped Y/Y, but shares are higher after posting strong sales gains at a discount chain it considers vital to its turnaround effort.
- In its earnings conference call, CEO Sam Duncan seized on results at the Save-A-Lot chain - whose same-store sales rose 7.2% in Q2 compared with 0.6% at SVU's other grocery stores - as a sign SVU is making strides in its rebound effort after years of weak sales trends.
- But SVU's moves to lower prices and make other improvements to the Save-A-Lot stores is cutting into profits; the company's Q2 gross margin fell to 14.4% from 15.2%; "we're not going to let the bottom fall out on this," Duncan said on the call.
Jul. 24, 2014, 8:02 AM
Apr. 23, 2014, 8:04 AM
Apr. 23, 2014, 12:05 AM| Comment!
Apr. 22, 2014, 5:30 PM| Comment!
Jan. 9, 2014, 7:04 AM
Jan. 9, 2014, 12:05 AM
Jan. 8, 2014, 5:30 PM
Oct. 17, 2013, 7:09 AM
SVU vs. ETF Alternatives
SUPERVALU Inc are wholesale distributors to independent retail customers across the United States through its Independent Business segment and the Retail Food segment. Substantially all of the Company's operations are domestic.
Other News & PR