Solvay is divided into four business segments: Chemicals, Plastics, Processing and Pharmaceuticals. Through its Chemicals Sector, Co. is a producer of soda ash, hydrogen peroxide, detergent and barium-strontium, and one of the manufacturers of chlor chemicals, salt, and fluorinated products.... More
Monday, Nov 252013, 4:31 AM
Monday, Nov 252013, 4:31 AM| Comment!
- A number of international companies could benefit from the easing of sanctions on Iran, including in the areas of cars, petrochemicals, aviation parts, gold, and insurance for oil cargoes.
- Peugeot Citroen and Renault are particularly pleased, while Bayer (BAYZF), synthetic rubber supplier Lanxess (LNXSF), France's Arkema (ARKAF), and Belgium's Solvay (SVYSF) could also benefit.
- However, because the EU's oil embargo will remain in place, major oil providers such as Total (TOT), Eni (E) and Statoil (STO) won't enjoy an immediate boon.
- American companies don't stand to profit either, due to a decades-old ban on trade between the U.S. and Iran.
Monday, Oct 72013, 7:14 AM
Monday, Oct 72013, 7:14 AM| Comment!
- Solvay (SVYSF.PK) has agreed to acquire privately held Chemlogics for $1.345B in a deal that will increase the Belgian chemicals and plastics maker's exposure to the U.S. oil and gas industry.
- The market for chemicals in the sector is projected to increase 6% a year, boosted by fracking and deepwater drilling.
- Chemlogics has 277 employees and generated $500M of sales in the last 12 months.
Thursday, Sep 292011, 3:33 PMHoneywell (HON +0.2%) wins a jury verdict in its patent infringement case with Solvay (SVYZY.PK). Solvay had sued Honeywell in 2006, claiming it had stolen technology to replace ozone-depleting chlorofluorocarbon refrigerants, but jurors ruled today that the patent was invalid. |Thursday, Sep 292011, 3:33 PM| Comment!