There are no Transcripts on SVYZY.
Thu, Sep. 4, 6:50 AM
- Solvay (OTCPK:SVYZY) will buy Ryton PPS, a specialty polymers business, from Chevron Phillips (CVX, PSX) for $220M.
- The acquisition includes Ryton PPS's resin manufacturing units in Texas, pilot plant and research and development laboratories in Oklahoma and compounding plant in Belgium.
- The transaction is expected to be completed in Q4 of 2014.
Nov. 25, 2013, 4:31 AM
- A number of international companies could benefit from the easing of sanctions on Iran, including in the areas of cars, petrochemicals, aviation parts, gold, and insurance for oil cargoes.
- Peugeot Citroen and Renault are particularly pleased, while Bayer (BAYZF), synthetic rubber supplier Lanxess (LNXSF), France's Arkema (ARKAF), and Belgium's Solvay (SVYSF) could also benefit.
- However, because the EU's oil embargo will remain in place, major oil providers such as Total (TOT), Eni (E) and Statoil (STO) won't enjoy an immediate boon.
- American companies don't stand to profit either, due to a decades-old ban on trade between the U.S. and Iran.
Oct. 7, 2013, 7:14 AM
- Solvay (SVYSF.PK) has agreed to acquire privately held Chemlogics for $1.345B in a deal that will increase the Belgian chemicals and plastics maker's exposure to the U.S. oil and gas industry.
- The market for chemicals in the sector is projected to increase 6% a year, boosted by fracking and deepwater drilling.
- Chemlogics has 277 employees and generated $500M of sales in the last 12 months.
Sep. 29, 2011, 3:33 PM
SVYZY vs. ETF Alternatives
Solvay is divided into four business segments: Chemicals, Plastics, Processing and Pharmaceuticals. Through its Chemicals Sector, Co. is a producer of soda ash, hydrogen peroxide, detergent and barium-strontium, and one of the manufacturers of chlor chemicals, salt, and fluorinated products.... More
Other News & PR